Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-09-2021, 01:06 AM   #81
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Great news this is still coming. Maybe this will need a revolving turntable to best capture all the details.....
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:48 AM   #82
InfinityStudio
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityStudio View Post
Hello,guys
Update: Predator 1 Statue will ship in the third quarter of 2021. The specific time depends on the production arrangement.
correction:Sorry guys,that is my mistake.
Not Predator1,
Berserker Predator will ship in the third quarter of 2021.
The specific time depends on the production
InfinityStudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:58 PM   #83
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Not Predator1,

In that case, if there is still time to do so. Could you please pass on comments about the awkward right leg position on this statue to the relevant team. Altering that small thing alone will make this a much nicer statue I think. And given how many people are cancelling their Prime 1 Jungle hunters right now, it might be worth your time and effort making this one as impressive as possible. Many thanks.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:18 PM   #84
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Not Predator1,
Nooooo, bummer.
Thx for update.

But most of us are getting old, can't wait years and years for perfect statues

I vote for higher main tree and no need for knee support.
Also sculpted loincloth(s), bcs materials for mixed media can look nice from designer quality, but factory materials are often much thicker (more fake). Thx.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:18 PM   #85
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
In that case, if there is still time to do so. Could you please pass on comments about the awkward right leg position on this statue to the relevant team. Altering that small thing alone will make this a much nicer statue I think. And given how many people are cancelling their Prime 1 Jungle hunters right now, it might be worth your time and effort making this one as impressive as possible. Many thanks.
Agreed.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:49 PM   #86
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

That's one small tree the Predator climbed up there... Those tree stumps do really show how short it really is.

Not to sound rude, but what would be the point of him climbing a tree that tiny? If the tree stumps are removed, it could leave the height of the tree up to the imagination. The bottom of the base should be all tree. (No ground) I think that was a big miss conceptionally.

I also agree with others about his right leg position looking a bit awkward.

Other than that, it's looks pretty good. I might be interested, if a couple minor changes could be made. (knock on wood)
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:09 PM   #87
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
That's one small tree the Predator climbed up there... Those tree stumps do really show how short it really is.

Not to sound rude, but what would be the point of him climbing a tree that tiny? If the tree stumps are removed, it could leave the height of the tree up to the imagination. The bottom of the base should be all tree. (No ground) I think that was a big miss conceptionally.
This is a great point. I hadn't realized what was making this seem so small until now. Ideally the whole thing should be a tree that's angled enough for the Predator to support itself, so there's nothing to interfere with scale.

Of course, that leaves the question of where Arnold should go, but he's not really an essential part of the display IMO. Unless you put the statue in the center of the room for a 360 view, you'd never see him anyway. The time it would take to paint him (and the ground) could be better spent ensuring that the spots on the Predator skin are done cleanly.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:36 PM   #88
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
This is a great point. I hadn't realized what was making this seem so small until now. Ideally the whole thing should be a tree that's angled enough for the Predator to support itself, so there's nothing to interfere with scale.

Of course, that leaves the question of where Arnold should go, but he's not really an essential part of the display IMO. Unless you put the statue in the center of the room for a 360 view, you'd never see him anyway. The time it would take to paint him (and the ground) could be better spent ensuring that the spots on the Predator skin are done cleanly.
Dutch would have to be scrapped. You can't sacrifice the piece's overall aesthetics over an easter egg, which is all he is in this piece. Save it for a future statue maybe.

The star of the show is the Predator on a tree. The way it sits right now, it's a statue that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. All they have to do is chop off the bottom of the base & have it all tree. Then it would look a lot better.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:34 PM   #89
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
We are on the same page

..but imo making the main tree around 4inch higher will make the overall size/vibe look good enough too.

Plus I also thought that Dutch is not visible at all, but if you look at this video (below) and this unpainted photo.
I think he is better visible than first expected (when you look more angled from above, Dutch is clearly there).

Facebook video HERE
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:28 PM   #90
VILE GUILE

@Halcyon Yes I agree, the tree top could definitely use a few more inches in height aswell.

It would be nice in the future, if companies could put out a quick hand drawn sketch, to get feedback from the collectors, before they go all in on an upcoming piece. Just for piece of mind, wouldn't you want to know from the target market what tweaks need to be made to insure maximum sales? I know I would...