Old 05-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #1011
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
How many did you buy, Vince-Vell?
got 5 coming to me lol

but I only bought 1, rest are trades and or used points I had stored for ages waiting for a PG which got for free.

but will be doing 3 at first then mull over the rest down the line. got a year to really plan it out
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:29 PM   #1012
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
got 5 coming to me lol

but I only bought 1, rest are trades and or used points I had stored for ages waiting for a PG which got for free.

but will be doing 3 at first then mull over the rest down the line. got a year to really plan it out
WOW, cannot wait to see them!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:13 PM   #1013
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
thats the issue now days, where they end up losing their fan base. looks at all this Hollywood movies or some games where they too busy checking box about their agenda rather creating a well developed content. what worst is they take what is already famous and then alter it to meet their ideology. its like they want fans to hate them. too many of my favorite show got ruined that way, i mean look at doctor who or the latest star war movies.

for power girl it became kinda her thing with her curve and her breast. and if they wanted smaller breast then power girl, go with super girl. but if they want to change her original idea and it is not like power girl is losing her fame among her fans, than who are they creating the new one for. Im not saying this statue is bad, despite her reduced size, it is still a gorgeous piece. and i agree they would have gotten even more customer if her proportion were similar to their previous work. but it feels like a start of a increasing trend on changing character for political correctness as you mentioned. this usually does not end well for their business since they drive away the fans.

here is a good video about re imaging in comics to meet political correctness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow79eUHFhp0
Just had to quote a great video.

As for big boobs....

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:50 PM   #1014
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
thats the issue now days, where they end up losing their fan base. looks at all this Hollywood movies or some games where they too busy checking box about their agenda rather creating a well developed content. what worst is they take what is already famous and then alter it to meet their ideology. its like they want fans to hate them. too many of my favorite show got ruined that way, i mean look at doctor who or the latest star war movies.

for power girl it became kinda her thing with her curve and her breast. and if they wanted smaller breast then power girl, go with super girl. but if they want to change her original idea and it is not like power girl is losing her fame among her fans, than who are they creating the new one for. Im not saying this statue is bad, despite her reduced size, it is still a gorgeous piece. and i agree they would have gotten even more customer if her proportion were similar to their previous work. but it feels like a start of a increasing trend on changing character for political correctness as you mentioned. this usually does not end well for their business since they drive away the fans.

here is a good video about re imaging in comics to meet political correctness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow79eUHFhp0
The Critical Drinker is a god! I’ve been subscribed to his channel for a long time. He needs to be running DC and Marvel for fooks sake.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:20 AM   #1015
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
got 5 coming to me lol

*Bows*

King among men Vince.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #1016
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Sorry to derail more - but since it was asked -

Mark Brooks saw that somebody had "fixed" a piece of art created by J Scott Campbell (I've put the original piece below) and posted it to social media. They "fixed" it because they had deemed it less than normal to sit that way (which I do often actually) and that MJ was too sexualized. So - this person "fixed" the art by editing it. Not drawing a similar piece themselves - nope - just photoshopping the piece to their liking and boasted how they had "fixed" the art. You know, like those clowns who who go after Frank Cho art or got all up in arms about the Spider-Woman cover because they deem it too sexy.

To "fix" the art - he/she edited MJ's legs to be both underneath her. Moved her arms out so they aren't under her breasts. Moved the t-shirt up to cover her breasts and reduced the shape of them too. So ya know - censoring something to their liking and calling it "better" and "appropriate". And again another debate about some titties. How tiring.

So Mark went at them and said "Don't do this." He went on to basically say: If you want to change the way comics are drawn and how women are portrayed - become an artist. Be better. Get the skills. Create the art and change the norms. Don't edit other people's hard work. Seems logical to me.

Last time I checked - art work was free speech just as everything else. If I don't like something, I comment and move on. Or better yet, I don't look at it - it would never cross my mind to edit an artist's work. That's just being an a$$hole. Mark has since pulled his post because - no shock - it started a whole lotta debate.
Mic drop by JSC. Nicely done.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38415380351...6WjgK9IwnqLjGA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	183667600_875221733343478_186156332372133638_n.png
Views:	79
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	139262   Click image for larger version

Name:	183963256_474111463855217_628727111100715970_n.png
Views:	116
Size:	372.8 KB
ID:	139263  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:16 PM   #1017
Augen
Metal Men

I'd say J. Scott is among 20 most successful comic books artists of all time. He's constantly in demand doing variants that command premium prices. Art doesn't have rigid rules, it encourages style and exaggerating features. Realism is not the ultimate goal, so the idea of fixing it is ridiculous.

Now...I really want him to do a Power Girl...buy that in a heartbeat.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:18 PM   #1018
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Sideshow caught a break, no reveals at the P1 event on the much-rumored prime 1 Artgerm power girl. Stay of execution on this piece!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:48 PM   #1019
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Sideshow caught a break, no reveals at the P1 event on the much-rumored prime 1 Artgerm power girl. Stay of execution on this piece!
which is weird because they announced another harley quinn. i mean i like Harley but they need focus on power girl and other first. they even got black canary before power girl
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:08 PM   #1020
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Yeah, I want a 1/3 scale Powergirl and a Batgirl of Burnside.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote