Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-11-2021, 09:09 PM   #1
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

JND Collectibles- display case options

Hi all,

Given JND is fairly new and using materials not commonly used (eg silicone) I thought it may be helpful for those who are collecting or beginning to collect JND statues, to have a post where we can share and discuss the best and safe ways to display these statues.

I’ve read various comments in different posts with different advice so thought we could have one central chat about this given JND have now released 4 statues and we may all be thinking of the best ways to display them.

JND offered some information about the silicone however didn’t elaborate much on safe ways to store.

Those interested in this, let’s share and discuss.

I have a few months to go before my first JND item will be ready so keen to plan ahead.
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:03 AM   #2
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Good idea, here's some information that may be useful:

https://regalrobot.com/shop/themed-f...bles-for-sale/

https://www.glasbau-hahn.com/en/disp...ay-case-types/

Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:47 AM   #3
redbloodedboy

So some questions in my head are:

- do JND statues need to be stored in a enclosed display case?
- does it matter what kind of enclosed display case?
- can JND statues be displayed out in the open?
- does room temperature really matter? What exactly should it be?

Others may had some other questions but thought I would mention a few to start
-
Old 04-12-2021, 03:13 AM   #4
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

I am going to use these custom build glas cabinets. At the moment my Prime1Studio statues live in them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34ACA633-DE80-4789-8CF3-55C580123D03.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	551.0 KB
ID:	138461   Click image for larger version

Name:	78E5B2FB-B0A6-4B10-8CE5-2D214EAD3A95.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	504.6 KB
ID:	138462   Click image for larger version

Name:	727CF373-F2BE-4D8B-8410-DBBE675AFDA3.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	483.6 KB
ID:	138463   Click image for larger version

Name:	9B4E06AA-DB61-4969-A189-AEA4D4A69962.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	138464  
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:20 AM   #5
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

I’m in the UK and I appreciate the climate here is different from other parts of the world.

Cinemaquette were the first company to use silicone heads and I have owned their Terminator since new, which has been over 15 years. It is displayed in a cabinet with glass doors in a regular room. Fingers crossed in all the years it has not had any issues. I also have the Iron Man and Vader and again no issues. The only small issue is the hair is difficult to style.
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:20 AM   #6
redbloodedboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
I am going to use these custom build glas cabinets. At the moment my Prime1Studio statues live in them
They look great. Are the cabinets fully sealed (do they remain cool inside) I don’t know much about this and keen to learn whether it’s good to have cases that allow the statue to still ‘breathe’ if that makes sense
Old 04-12-2021, 07:23 AM   #7
redbloodedboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
I’m in the UK and I appreciate the climate here is different from other parts of the world.

Cinemaquette were the first company to use silicone heads and I have owned their Terminator since new, which has been over 15 years. It is displayed in a cabinet with glass doors in a regular room. Fingers crossed in all the years it has not had any issues. I also have the Iron Man and Vader and again no issues. The only small issue is the hair is difficult to style.
That’s so good to hear and hopefully reassuring for the JND statues.
These cabinets with glass doors I’m assuming are not fully air tight.. meaning some air can get in?
Also the room temperature.. you mentioned a regular room... does it ever get warm in the room etc...

I must admit reading your message reassures me a bit more... great that yours are still looking fine and not like you’ve had to get any high tech cases and temperature control the room they’re in?!
Old 04-12-2021, 07:54 AM   #8
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
That’s so good to hear and hopefully reassuring for the JND statues.
These cabinets with glass doors I’m assuming are not fully air tight.. meaning some air can get in?
Also the room temperature.. you mentioned a regular room... does it ever get warm in the room etc...

I must admit reading your message reassures me a bit more... great that yours are still looking fine and not like you’ve had to get any high tech cases and temperature control the room they’re in?!
My cabinets are not air tight and dust etc gets in. Never does any harm. The room gets the sun in the morning but the temperature is not controlled.

The cinemaquette human pieces all come with powder but I have never had to apply it to the silicone.

Chocolatebydeath website was the go to forum for cinemaquette pieces although hardly anyone posts on there anymore but in all the years I have never read of any issues with cinemaquette pieces. However, silicone and real hair is not for everyone’s tastes
Old 04-12-2021, 08:09 AM   #9
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Good idea, here's some information that may be useful:

https://regalrobot.com/shop/themed-f...bles-for-sale/
JND Ledger J & CW would be my first silicone pieces. My plan was to open them, check for damage and snap a few pictures for here, then store them in a climate controlled room while I wait 2 years for a Moducase display. Thanks for that link, I'm going to check them out. Obviously I want to take care of these but not wait a decade before I can enjoy them

This question is for anyone that has an answer:

I've got the Queen Studios rooted hair Joker coming this week, should I be treating that piece like the JND pieces?
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:28 AM   #10
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
JND Ledger J & CW would be my first silicone pieces. My plan was to open them, check for damage and snap a few pictures for here, then store them in a climate controlled room while I wait 2 years for a Moducase display. Thanks for that link, I'm going to check them out. Obviously I want to take care of these but not wait a decade before I can enjoy them

This question is for anyone that has an answer:

I've got the Queen Studios rooted hair Joker coming this week, should I be treating that piece like the JND pieces?
Congratulations on the QS Joker. I also have the joker and cinemaquette silicone Terminator. You cannot compare how the hair is applied between the QS and a cinemaquette - which I assume will mirror a JND piece