Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-01-2021, 02:48 PM   #31
SDguy

As cool/nostalgic as the Marvel Girl costume is, I doubt you'd find more than a couple dozen people at best willing to spend 1/4 scale XM statue (+shipping) kinda money on her.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:17 PM   #32
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
As cool/nostalgic as the Marvel Girl costume is, I doubt you'd find more than a couple dozen people at best willing to spend 1/4 scale XM statue (+shipping) kinda money on her.
If someone does that artgerm cover, they’ll get some takers.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #33
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I definitely can see SDGuy’s Point about the Marvel Girl costume but that’s a look that was only ever done once as far as I know, which was the Bowen produced statue. It might not sell quite as well as maybe the Jim Lee design statue which has been overdone to death or even the Phoenix costume but there would be there X-Men completist out there who would want it and there are people who just like that costume for the sense of nostalgia that it brings. Also since X-Men is selling better now than it has in years and that is her main outfit I am surprised that nobody has been jumping up on that to produce it. Plus if you would want the Bowen statue of Jean‘s green outfit that statue does not go cheap on EBay.

I can agree with nearmint and when he does say if somebody would bass a statue off of the Artgerm cover I definitely think it would sell
well.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:33 PM   #34
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Peedi - How is SWORD? I haven’t added that to my pull list.
It’s ok. Like most X-Men comics nowadays, the ideas are solid and interesting, but could be executed more efficiently and cohesively. X-Men comics as a whole feel like they know where they want to get to but are kind of meandering there with some great moments along the way, and some very “huh? Why?” moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Action pose with the Animated Series portrait. Hopefully Bishop and Jubilee are next...
Man I want XM or SS to make them. SO BAD!!! I need classic XSE costume and slicked back hair (or mullet depending on who was drawing it) for Bishop, and shorts, shades and yellow trench coat for Jubilee. Day 1 purchase if she has the “Jubilee” name earrings.

Anything modern or too altered and it’s a no from me.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:38 AM   #35
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

Man I want XM or SS to make them. SO BAD!!! I need classic XSE costume and slicked back hair (or mullet depending on who was drawing it) for Bishop, and shorts, shades and yellow trench coat for Jubilee. Day 1 purchase if she has the “Jubilee” name earrings.

Anything modern or too altered and it’s a no from me.
XM seems to make them more modernized, SS sometimes adds there own spin.

Hard to guess which one will do her better (if they both make her). XM portrait might look like a smaller portrait of all the other X-ladies.

Hopefully some news within the next year or so
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #36
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
It’s ok. Like most X-Men comics nowadays, the ideas are solid and interesting, but could be executed more efficiently and cohesively. X-Men comics as a whole feel like they know where they want to get to but are kind of meandering there with some great moments along the way, and some very “huh? Why?” moments.
So more of the same that comes from Hickman painting the picture and tales while weaving it though other artists and writers. I have no problem with it, just wondering if I should add it to my pull list. After the Gala who knows what books I will want/need!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:04 PM   #37
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
So more of the same that comes from Hickman painting the picture and tales while weaving it though other artists and writers. I have no problem with it, just wondering if I should add it to my pull list. After the Gala who knows what books I will want/need!
Good way to describe the Hickman setup.

I’m very curious what direction things will go after the gala. Especially since “X-Men” is relaunching with a different writer. I don’t think it’s been revealed yet what Hickman will be directly writing but there are still a lot of story points he began that haven’t fully unfolded yet...Vulcan, Mystique and Destiny and for that matter the whole “no-precog” deal with resurrections, I think Mr. M is the last Omega mutant to still be missing, Broo and the Brood, the Sidri, the latest developments with the Children of the Vault, strong hints (at least to me) towards the return of the Phalanx, Chimera mutants, why Thunderbird is an obviously missing resurrection, Gorgon post resurrection, etc...

Oh yeah, that’s one piece of the puzzle, Arakko mutants are starting to branch out as of this last week. Two in “Cable”, and a new character from Arakko joined the cast of SWORD to replace one of the more familiar mutants on the SWORD station.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:43 PM   #38
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I am ready for the Jean reveal.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #39
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I am starting to think we won't get to see her...
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 03:28 PM   #40
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If someone does that artgerm cover, they’ll get some takers.

Not just some. Way more than some.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote