Old 04-21-2006, 10:06 AM   #31
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171
RichBamf, I loved the Watchmen!!!

Perhaps this could be YOUR first review???? "Reviews from RichBamf!!"

Or, "Oa only knows if this book is good!!"

I'd love to, maybe I should think about it.

I was thinking of starting a weekly or fortnightly column based on retro and classic stories.

Would anyone be interested? and more importantly would I be stepping on anyone's toes?

I know that occasionally WKTF, Sam and B_C review older classic stories, and I'd hate to take something away from the reviews I religiously tune in for.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #32
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf

I was thinking of starting a weekly or fortnightly column based on retro and classic stories.

Would anyone be interested? and more importantly would I be stepping on anyone's toes?

I know that occasionally WKTF, Sam and B_C review older classic stories, and I'd hate to take something away from the reviews I religiously tune in for.
Don't worry about my toes, I love reading others perspective about comics and think this is a great idea!

Do it!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:39 AM   #33
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf

I like to go back to the older classics, since that's most of what I own, actually, and try to make it a point to pull one out for a review about once a month if possible. But let me check in with Sam as I'm pretty sure he may have reviewed Watchmen already. If so, we can republish it. If not we can review it for sure.

Since you asked, though, love of comics is love of comics. Please don't worry about stepping on toes here.

b_c, have you read Sgt. Rock yet?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:44 AM   #34
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Well, what else can I say, b_c, other than "read it." Maybe borrow the first tpb or something or order it used and cheap off Amazon/eBay to give it a spin. Then you can render an opinion.
It's no use Joe, the only way for him to like a Bendis comic is to hide his name. From what I can tell, if B_C reads something knowning that Bendis wrote it, he already hates it. BTW great reviews guys!!
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #35
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Sam, your British dude sucks. Get a better one.

NextWave 4, on the other hand, is great.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #36
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
It's no use Joe, the only way for him to like a Bendis comic is to hide his name. From what I can tell, if B_C reads something knowning that Bendis wrote it, he already hates it. BTW great reviews guys!!
Loco, I fear you may well be right. I guess what should we expect from someone who bought Spider-Man Unlimited for the Finch pictures and didn't read the story, right?

Thanks for the props on the reviews, too.

OK, I've done a shout out for Sgt. Rock with no responses yet. Any other Will Eisner fans who've read To the Heart of the Storm that care to chime in on the trade review?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #37
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I meant to pick up the Sgt Rock mini, but missed out. Was planning on waiting for the tpb. I will have to check out some of Eisner's work.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #38
Fdisk
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Where's the Justice #5 love?
Fdisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #39
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdisk
Where's the Justice #5 love?
Have to say it was a cool read. Modern day Super Friends! It is good to see Ross do interiors than simply covers/pin-ups etc. More "hot" artists need to jump back in the trenches and get a nice run under their belts. Ross clearly doesn't need to do interiors, but hopefully he will continue to do so.
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:59 PM   #40
bat_collector
Galactus

I love Sgt rock.

A week ago I did the thread on best mini and was surprised the lack of votes for this one.

While Marvel Zombies is a lot of fun, Batman & Monster Men a great recreation of a classic story, Deadly Genesis an important event, and Son of M great on character development, this series is so much better than all of them.

This series take a real good at WWII. Is it for everyone? Well, if you don't like intelligent comics with great story, characterization, art, and a good sense of history, than no this isn't for you.

Highly recommended. My favorite thinga bout this story is that it gives you a fresh look at the holocaust. highly recommended
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote