Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-09-2022, 10:58 PM   #651
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
This is the one with the leaping Wolverine.
Ahh ok.

I have it too and like a poster above said, IRL it looks great. Everyone who has viewed it at my home liked it and felt that he was truly leaping off the shelf at them.

I had a chance to return for a full refund as they sent the regular (and could not get the EX), but I liked it so much that I took a partial credit and kept the statue. I personally prefer the masked portrait anyway, though I admit the unmasked looks really feral (great).

The negatives for me are that the woodwork looks plasticky and I don't like/understand the snow on just one boot. Also, the claws are slightly long and run in parallel where I feel they should be slightly splayed.

Paint work, at least on mine, is very well done too, and has no discernible bleed.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 01:29 AM   #652
qz33
Doctor Doom

Sorry I had both threads pulled up last night and was too sleepy for posting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Ahh ok.

I have it too and like a poster above said, IRL it looks great. Everyone who has viewed it at my home liked it and felt that he was truly leaping off the shelf at them.

I had a chance to return for a full refund as they sent the regular (and could not get the EX), but I liked it so much that I took a partial credit and kept the statue. I personally prefer the masked portrait anyway, though I admit the unmasked looks really feral (great).

The negatives for me are that the woodwork looks plasticky and I don't like/understand the snow on just one boot. Also, the claws are slightly long and run in parallel where I feel they should be slightly splayed.

Paint work, at least on mine, is very well done too, and has no discernible bleed.
Yeah parts of the tree stump look like plastic and then some shards look totally real. Poor casting I'd say. The snow blob on 1 foot is another questionable choice. Love the claw length and mine splay a bit since removing the foam protectors. I'd imagine it could increase over time.

Can't imagine not having the unmasked EX especially if I ordered it. The paint on the EX unmasked head is so real and the hair and chops casting are superb. Think they took a little advantage of you with that offer.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote