Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-28-2021, 07:02 AM   #61
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I jumped on this. I've gone for the silicone version.....and I'm thinking about the PVC version as well. (Had to sell a bike to raise money .....poor me)

LotR is one of my favourite settings, in book and movie format (along side Dune)....and I can't imagine we're going to see better statues than this - even in the future.

I held off getting into LotR mainly because the license has passed around (IMHO) some companies that are simply unable to produce anything of real quality (Sideshow, WETA, Iron Studios, & Prime1).....so, this would be my first Infinity Studio piece, as well as my first LotR piece.....fingers crossed, I don't get burned.
Congrats, I'm sure he'll turn out amazing

Do you have a space planned out for him? I really like their gandalf but even if I had the money for him I'd be reluctant because I'd want him behind glass to avoid dust
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:04 AM   #62
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I haven't got the display planned at all yet - I'm hoping those details will define themselves over time.

I must admit, I was relaxed about jumping on this, as, I believe even though the ES is relatively low on both versions - I don't imagine they'll sell out anytime soon.....which is amazing, at 250 pieces worldwide. Hell, if JND were producing an ES of 250, they'd be gone in seconds rather than minutes.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:08 AM   #63
BaZ
Fantastic Four

Giving the price, the ultimate version should also include the PVC head no matter. That’s 60% price increased. If they do, i will get the silicone one, unless no any order from me.
BaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:43 AM   #64
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaZ View Post
Giving the price, the ultimate version should also include the PVC head no matter. That?s 60% price increased. If they do, i will get the silicone one, unless no any order from me.
The pre order is up, and they're clear what's on offer.

That said, why would they include the PVC sculpt with the silicone? To request it, and to even imagine such a thing is completely illogical.

Let's imagine the worse case scenario. You buy the silicone, rooted hair version, because....."reasons". After 5 years, the whole headsculpt deteriorates to dust......now what? Are you going to be satisfied with the (back up), sculpted hair, PVC version?

I mean, if your answer is "yes, you'd be satisfied with the back up sculpt"....then save some money and jump in with the PVC sculpt from the get go.

If your answer is "no, I wanted the silicone because it's better than the PVC".....then what's the point of having the back up sculpt, you'd never be satisfied with it, and wouldn't want to display it.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:43 AM   #65
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
The pre order is up, and they're clear what's on offer.

That said, why would they include the PVC sculpt with the silicone? To request it, and to even imagine such a thing is completely illogical.

Let's imagine the worse case scenario. You buy the silicone, rooted hair version, because....."reasons". After 5 years, the whole headsculpt deteriorates to dust......now what? Are you going to be satisfied with the (back up), sculpted hair, PVC version?

I mean, if your answer is "yes, you'd be satisfied with the back up sculpt"....then save some money and jump in with the PVC sculpt from the get go.

If your answer is "no, I wanted the silicone because it's better than the PVC".....then what's the point of having the back up sculpt, you'd never be satisfied with it, and wouldn't want to display it.
What's with the hostility? Silicon at mass market is relatively new, and if it doesn't hold up, yes it would be nice to have a backup?

Not sure why it seems so illogical - Prime 1 is including the Polystone sculpts with their black label 1/2 scale silicone pieces, and even have a pretty fair warning on their product page that maintaining the silicon head requires care and a solid environment.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:59 AM   #66
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
What's with the hostility? Silicon at mass market is relatively new, and if it doesn't hold up, yes it would be nice to have a backup?

Not sure why it seems so illogical - Prime 1 is including the Polystone sculpts with their black label 1/2 scale silicone pieces, and even have a pretty fair warning on their product page that maintaining the silicon head requires care and a solid environment.
Not sure how you're reading hostility in my post.....however, my intention is not to antagonize anyone, I simply find the demand to be illogical.

My point is - if you're concerned with silicone, why would you buy it (with or without a back up sculpt). You're literally paying more for something you hope you'll never need.

Silicone at mass market isn't new, busts have been using silicone for years - especially in movie props, etc.

I do agree that silicone may need to be treated a bit more "gentle" than polystone, but once you accept that - and considering these things aren't toys to be played with - I don't see the issue.
Old 11-28-2021, 02:03 PM   #67
BaZ
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Not sure how you're reading hostility in my post.....however, my intention is not to antagonize anyone, I simply find the demand to be illogical.

My point is - if you're concerned with silicone, why would you buy it (with or without a back up sculpt). You're literally paying more for something you hope you'll never need.

Silicone at mass market isn't new, busts have been using silicone for years - especially in movie props, etc.

I do agree that silicone may need to be treated a bit more "gentle" than polystone, but once you accept that - and considering these things aren't toys to be played with - I don't see the issue.

Are you one of the Infinity Studio team or something?

Base on Prime1, they offer the polystone as additional switch part to every silicone offer, no wonder for the case silicone figure got something bad, such as it's cut, which's impossible to fix.

Why we still choose silicone one? Ofc, due to it gives a better identical and more realistic, yah more beautiful, can be the masterpiece for any exhibit event. While we need pvc to replace it on every general time to avoid any accidence and sustain silicone beauty, and i think this is very very make sense to keeps silicone capability much more longer.
BaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 02:41 PM   #68
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Are you one of the Infinity Studio team or something?
I wish, imagine the savings on statues - especially that 1:1 Sauron

Quote:
Base on Prime1, they offer the polystone as additional switch part to every silicone offer, no wonder for the case silicone figure got something bad, such as it's cut, which's impossible to fix.
Repairing any damaged headsculpt is going to be mission impossible......maybe slightly more so with silicone, but I'm sure a competent studio artist could do something.
Old 11-28-2021, 02:49 PM   #69
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Where are you guys ordering this from? I’d like to compare the two versions.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 03:14 PM   #70
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Where are you guys ordering this from? I?d like to compare the two versions.
Cosmic Chase
SugoToys
Specfiction
BigBadToyStore
Sideshow (coming soon)

To name a few places