Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-18-2021, 03:39 AM   #601
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

New photos on Facebook..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1629271897739.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	142197   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1629271903782.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	142198   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1629271906901.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	142199   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1629271909657.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	142200   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1629271912599.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	142201  

Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:37 AM   #602
Gallowglass89
Doh!

Hi mates!

I´m waiting for this statue too, but in my case is the regular version. It looks great so far although I´m a bit concerned about the leaning issue. It seems that they are shipping some of them despite that problem isn´t it?

SirSunsett99 said that someone informed that Prime 1 was fixing this problem in the DX and museum version. In case it´s true I assume this would be applied both to the regular and Deluxe version of the action pose (in addition to the museum one), otherwise it wouldn´t be fair.

Finally I´ve seen some important differences betwen the color scheme in this photos and the color scheme in the previous ones that were posted here (from another different collector), specially in the forehead, shoulders and ribs wich had some red brownish tones that doesn´t appear on the latest one. I guess if that´s just some photograph effects. If not they are rather different.

What do you think?
Gallowglass89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:39 AM   #603
Dundee
Hydra

It's hard to judge colour tones from photos alone due to lighting, it looks fairly consistent to me, a video will allow better judgement. Sculpt and paint overall is pretty darn good and up to standards for a Prime 1 piece. But following the same Prime 1 'teething issues', the teeth whilst ok, is by far the weakest part of the statue. They seem to always want to cheapen the teeth on their statue lines, everything else looks high end except for the teeth. Good teeth is crucial on an alien statue.

Re the lean, I wouldn't hit the panic button yet. Has only happened with one so far (museum pose). Similar with the prime 1 endo, first week of release, one supposedly leaned with broken toes (though I've yet to see any photos/evidence of it actually occuring, the way that statue is engineered, I wouldn't be surprised that was due to poor assembly rather than engineering), everyone got spooked, fast forward it's almost a year, hundreds if not a thousand sold, not one reported issue, that one's got two thick rods and this alien statue being a similar size and pose, should also have the same support rods in both legs (either dual rods or a single thick rod), especially the museum pose due to its restricted weight distribution.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:16 PM   #604
Gallowglass89
Doh!

You are totally right Dundee, photos can give a false impression. Indeed I contacted the guy who made those photos on Instagram and he told me he had used a photo filter.

Regarding the teeth I agree with you, nevertheless we have to take into account that in those scales (yeah it´s a 1/3 but it´s not life size) it´s not as noticeable as in a bigger scale like with those legendary 1/2 busts from Sideshow, and I think Prime 1 can achieve a good result with silver paint properly applied (with some shadows and lights). We´ll have to wait for closer pics and videos...

Regarding the leaning I think it cannot be so common in polystone statues, since that material doesn´t behave that way. Totally different to pvc and other softer materials which can be modified with heat and pressure. If the problem is the hole or the peg you can always make the first one thinner or the second one thicker by adding a tube section over them.
Gallowglass89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:49 PM   #605
Dundee
Hydra

Agree with the touch up on teeth, I did it on my endo and it made a big difference. It'll be night and day on this alien piece, someone on the other forum thread mentioned they'll paint it chrome and accentuate each tooth by darkening the black lines in between. It might involve a bit of work but it'll look like jaws of steel and give it a real dangerous cold, killer look if done correctly. I really dig the DX and would easily buy it if given the choice (wife doesn't like alien). Wished they released a bust version, might be able to get away with buying that alone than the full size haha. But man I would love to own the whole lot, that DX pose is just so good, makes it look alive and moving in slow mo. Excellent viewing at all angles. For the scale size, prime 1 can sure pull out some good poses with their statues. The DX will be a marvel to see in person.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:22 PM   #606
pau123
Sailor Moon

Can't wait for this to be paired with JH
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:25 PM   #607
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The teeth are just as important as the shadows and sheen are on the dome. I watched a youtube video of the museum pose unboxing and the teeth looked bad. It was the first thing I noticed.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:19 PM   #608
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
The teeth are just as important as the shadows and sheen are on the dome. I watched a youtube video of the museum pose unboxing and the teeth looked bad. It was the first thing I noticed.
Do you have a link to the unboxing vid??

I have not seen that one yet and cant find it.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:34 PM   #609
Manu81
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Do you have a link to the unboxing vid??

I have not seen that one yet and cant find it.
https://youtu.be/SUz9E6FjPYU

I think is that one
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:47 PM   #610
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
https://youtu.be/SUz9E6FjPYU

I think is that one
Yes, that's the one.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote