Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-16-2020, 11:46 PM   #2991
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think we went a whole page without mentioning Storm. Nice job PCS and SlowMotion
Hey, I didn't mention Storm!
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:49 PM   #2992
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I know!

I am interested in Vistaprint now. Not to print comic prints, but just in general.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:50 PM   #2993
slow17motion
The Spirit

Storm is worth mentioning though. And I will continue to complain about Nightwing never getting released as a PF.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:54 PM   #2994
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I'm not decorating my house FOR YOU. I'm decorating it FOR ME. It's my spare room, and I will do with it as I please. If you don't like it, you can F right off.

By the way, you're arguing on a STATUE FORUM DEDICATED TO ADULTS TALKING ABOUT COMIC BOOK STATUES. So, if you are going to be a condescending prick about that sort of art, then perhaps pick a different venue.

Also, you aren't making an argument. You're whining. The artist isn't being hurt because I'm not reselling the prints or passing them off as originals. If they're limited edition, and he's sold them all, he is in no way being inconvenienced by me. There is no argument, so you've taken to just crying at me.
If you're decorating your room for you, then don't share it on a forum, and urge people to do what you do. When you share it, and people call it ugly, don't get butthurt. I would ask you how would you feel if you created something and someone just ripped you off and printed your work but then again, I'm sure you'll never create anything of value that anyone would want anyway. Carry on.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:56 PM   #2995
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I know!

I am interested in Vistaprint now. Not to print comic prints, but just in general.
They're awesome. I had a Red Dead Redemption 2 movie-sized poster custom made by them. They're worth it.

For personal stuff that I design myself, I utilize Zazzle. My sad Andy Worhol imitations with photos of my doggos get printed out by Zazzle (usually on coasters or something). hahaha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sky Blue Cody.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	131115  
Old 06-17-2020, 12:03 AM   #2996
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
If you're decorating your room for you, then don't share it on a forum, and urge people to do what you do. When you share it, and people call it ugly, don't get butthurt. I would ask you how would you feel if you created something and someone just ripped you off and printed your work but then again, I'm sure you'll never create anything of value that anyone would want anyway. Carry on.
The point of showing displays isn't for others' approval. When you take a picture of work you did in your house, it usually isn't because you're looking for "input" (unless you specifically ASK for it). It's to show others what you did in case they might want to try something similar. If they don't like it, they'll go ahead and do their own thing.

Do you think the people who do the spotlights on Sideshow are asking for suggestions? They're showing off their interests and collections because they're proud of them or because they like sharing with others the hobbies and statues that they enjoy. They're not here so some whiny jackass on a forum can say, "But I don't like it." Nobody cares. So what if you don't like it? It doesn't change a damn thing. From what I've read from you, you don't like a LOT of things and most people here don't like YOU. But I don't see you racing to change that.

Once again, if the artist is done selling something, then the artist is NOT BEING RIPPED OFF. Do you think that the artist gets a cut when the buyer sells it secondhand on eBay? That's not the way it works. Most artists would be happy that people appreciate their art enough to have it hanging. If they're not, then they shouldn't allow their art to be uploaded in hi-res on the internet (studios like XM absolutely keep a lid on that kind of stuff--so it's easily avoided).

And, in this particular case, he's selling prints of pictures commissioned and owned by Marvel--featuring characters created by other people, but licensed by Marvel. Yes, he's talented and it's his drawing, but let's be real for a moment--you're really just arguing on behalf of Marvel, NOT the artist, as this doesn't belong to him.

Are you quite done whining, now?
Old 06-17-2020, 12:13 AM   #2997
slow17motion
The Spirit

FYI, the artists received nothing from the money I spent buying these secondhand--but I do spend money when there's something specific I want that will increase in value--and is within my budget.

However, purchasing your own high quality prints with hi-res images allows you to customize the size of your print and adjust certain aspects of it to suit your needs.

Everyone has their limits, and mine happens to be spending a ton of money on prints from a printer that's no different than the one at my school--just because they have a piece of graphite imitate a signature and only produce a limited number of them.

So, if you feel differently, that's fine--but you need to actually prove to me that I'm hurting the artist's bottom line when I print something for myself, which I otherwise would not have bought and would not have been able to obtain.

And spare me the holier than thou nonsense, because if you've ever used any sort of torrent site or used a Youtube downloader app, that's actually less ethical by pretty much every standard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200617_000511.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	428.1 KB
ID:	131116  
Old 06-17-2020, 02:35 AM   #2998
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yep, he did two versions. From what I understand, the one I posted was the original but Marvel wanted him to make some changes including Cyke's and Jean's costume. The sky is also a little darker. The comic covers you have are the final post-Marvel feedback images.
Thanks for the correction! I was gonna a caveat stating that I could be mistaken but in my haste I must’ve forgotten.

Looking at the original print, Cykes in a full blue costume looks quite nice. If one were to say... paint over his briefs on his PF. But I like the omission of the yellow manties on colossus’s trous
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:37 AM   #2999
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This version is yes. He did two variations - one was limited to 50 at NYCC. This version has a different Jean and Cyclops costume and is still available. Below is how the NYCC exclusive version looked (minus the logos).

PM sent.
Jeez you explained it already. Sorry northy!
Old 06-17-2020, 02:47 AM   #3000
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Also, storm.