Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-25-2022, 05:49 AM   #271
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

The piece looks good but Mr X's review seemed to have been made under harsh light. Maybe that can explain that.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 06:12 AM   #272
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
As much disdain for his as there is Mr. X's review caused me to see this pegged down a notch or 2.

Not usre about JAWS settings but X'x video did not look as good as these pics.
His lighting has been harsh/bad for a while now. I haven't watched anything recent, but sounds like that hasn't changed.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:40 AM   #273
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This piece looks really nice. Love everything about it. However, it also doesn't scream the premium, high-end paint job they were advertising. Maybe I'm wrong and it's a lot better looking in person. But, in pics, the paint just looks like a good standard factory paint job.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:40 AM   #274
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Here is a photo that is unaltered. I took a bunch to try and find the one that looks most like what I am looking at. Its still too light in the photos. You can't see the blue veins and all the purple hues as well as you can in person.

JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:44 AM   #275
JAWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This piece looks really nice. Love everything about it. However, it also doesn't scream the premium, high-end paint job they were advertising. Maybe I'm wrong and it's a lot better looking in person. But, in pics, the paint just looks like a good standard factory paint job.
The Base paint is bad. No and, if's or buts about that.

Pumpkinhead himself IMO looks great. He could maybe be a little darker, but I don't know if that is just me going by the old maquette.

As I look at it next to the P1 Alien and Predator, it looks top notch.

I am 100% satisfied with Pumpkinhead. The base could use a repaint but its not a dealbreaker in any way.

EDIT: went back and looked at the proto pics again.. No way this piece is painted that well and IMO the Proto is a premium paint job.

But this piece looks much better then any of my photos that I have shared.

If your a fan this is a no brainer IMO.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:17 AM   #276
qz33
Doctor Doom

If it indeed looks like these pics in-hand then it is about as good as can be expected as a Chinese factory product.

So far though the discussion has ignored the soft casting, errors and seam gaps which at least plagued Mr. X's piece.

Sure if you want a Pumpkinhead it's either this or track done a an ancient 150 ES masterpiece with its corresponding aftermarket price that comes along with a high probability of arriving broken.

But this is still a $1,300+ figure with all applicable relative, absolute, subjective, and objective aspects to consider.
Can't argue with JAWS pics though.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:29 AM   #277
JAWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If it indeed looks like these pics in-hand then it is about as good as can be expected as a Chinese factory product.

So far though the discussion has ignored the soft casting, errors and seam gaps which at least plagued Mr. X's piece.

Sure if you want a Pumpkinhead it's either this or track done a an ancient 150 ES masterpiece with its corresponding aftermarket price that comes along with a high probability of arriving broken.

But this is still a $1,300+ figure with all applicable relative, absolute, subjective, and objective aspects to consider.
Can't argue with JAWS pics though.
I had no issues with the feet in the base or the tail.

I kinda think he put in the feet wrong. You gotta play with it a bit but then it slides right in.
Old 08-25-2022, 01:04 PM   #278
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I had no issues with the feet in the base or the tail.

I kinda think he put in the feet wrong. You gotta play with it a bit but then it slides right in.
Oh yeah that kind of thing is a non-issue. A little warmth makes every statue slide right into place.
Peg issues are for people that don't try.

The tail and the plasticky look of the base and smoothed out details in Pumpkinhead's skin are what I am referring to.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 05:47 PM   #279
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I said to myself from day one, I'm going to wait until in hand pics & video surface, before I pull the trigger on him. Now that I've watched a few reviews....I think I'm going to hold off for now.

Maybe I'll buy him in a year or two off someone if I can get him for less than retail. I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy him because of his biceps & quads being so large, but it wasn't a deal breaker. After seeing how the base turned out and tail issues, it's going on the back burner for now.

It's definitely a great effort by PCS and don't mean to beat it up. It might be one of their best statues to date. Kudos to them also for making a Pumpkinhead statue for the fans! It's pretty wicked looking & maybe I'll change my mind eventually?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:08 PM   #280
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I said to myself from day one, I'm going to wait until in hand pics & video surface, before I pull the trigger on him. Now that I've watched a few reviews....I think I'm going to hold off for now.

Maybe I'll buy him in a year or two off someone if I can get him for less than retail. I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy him because of his biceps & quads being so large, but it wasn't a deal breaker. After seeing how the base turned out and tail issues, it's going on the back burner for now.

It's definitely a great effort by PCS and don't mean to beat it up. It might be one of their best statues to date. Kudos to them also for making a Pumpkinhead statue for the fans! It's pretty wicked looking & maybe I'll change my mind eventually?
I usually don't say this but this piece will become a huge grail and I don't think you will find it a couple years from now for retail or less.

Regarding the tail and the base, I had no issues with the tail and although the base is a bit underrated in comparison to the statue itself, it still doesn't bother me and it makes the statue pop even more. I actually added semi gloss to the nails and the purple side of the head and gloss to the mouth and it looks even better now.

I really haven't heard anyone who got it say it is just okay. So far everyone is pretty impressed with it and consider this piece a must. If I was you I would get it now or as long as it's still available because after it is sold out, expect to pay top dollar for it...

Of course, I might be wrong about that

Cheers
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote