Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-16-2021, 04:07 AM   #1211
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Just out of curiosity, what would Sideshow charge you for shipping a similar sized box/boxes to the UK?

I don't know of any similar sized statues with two boxes that Sideshow are offering for sale. But I am looking at buying the cracked tusk Predator which is huge! Shipping via Sideshow is $313.80 to the UK. Still a lot of money obviously, but still at least more affordable than $800+ which is insane really when you think about it. That box had better be in business class with a seatbelt on. It's also less than I just paid for shipping for the much smaller City hinter direct from Prime 1. So Sideshows shipping has increased a lot compared to what it used to be (My Sideshow City hunter maquette was $40 to ship a couple of short years ago.... $40!) But It does seem like they have better shipping options to offer than Prime 1 do. If you know of any Prime 1 statues with a similar box layout as their Jungle hunter on Sideshow, let me know and I'll find out how much the shipping is.

Spike, you're too kind!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:05 AM   #1212
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

@Python .... I was just wondering what people in the UK used to pay shipping wise, before everything got so nuts. Wow, so from $40 from SS to the UK, to around $300 or so! That's a huge increase. But $300 does sound a lot better than $800! I don't understand how they can warrant such an insane spike in price? They're boxes, not people flying in 1st class being served a meal & a glass of champagne...

If that Ahab Predator ever comes out, maybe if enough people message them that they want it from the UK, then Sideshow may be able to get some stock in, so you guys can realistically aquire it? It's like rolling the dice it seems, which Prime 1 statues SS will sell.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:38 AM   #1213
Python
Omega Red

Sideshow have all of the comic Predators apart from the Jungle hunter that is being sold as the big game comic version. They probably will carry Ahab. I have no idea why they never distributed the City or Jungle hunters, it certainly would have made life easier for some of us. But yeah, crazy jumps in shipping costs over the last year or two.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:25 AM   #1214
Halcyon
Loki

Prime took the shipping date from the website, so all Cover Art Pred1 statues should be ready I guess.

The regular version went on Low stock warning, but understandable with only 250 and many direct orders for DX canceled.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:26 AM   #1215
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I have no idea why they never distributed the City or Jungle hunters
Prime could cash in 100% on those, bcs these two would sell out fast enough.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:28 AM   #1216
Enomis
Blue Falcon

Customer service told me they are trying to find alternative solutions to ship it in EU. it is still a tentative and so not official, but... better than nothing!
Enomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:19 AM   #1217
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I bit the bullet. I'll let you guys know when it ships.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:50 AM   #1218
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Wow

Congrats.. I guess. lol

Sucks that the shipping is so high.

Hope for yours, mine and all our sakes that its worth it.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:20 AM   #1219
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Wow

Congrats.. I guess. lol

Sucks that the shipping is so high.

Hope for yours, mine and all our sakes that its worth it.
It does suck. Oh well. It's just money. You can always make more. I know I'll be taking a huge loss on this piece if I ever decide to sell it. I just don't think shipping will go down that much in the future.

I really do love this statue, and I don't want to run into a situation where they run out of replacements or whatever.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:25 AM   #1220
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomis View Post
Customer service told me they are trying to find alternative solutions to ship it in EU. it is still a tentative and so not official, but... better than nothing!

They told me a very different story. Basically to not hold out hope anytime soon. To be fair it was a relatively decent message, I could tell that they didn't want us cancelling, but stressed that we can at any time. I had asked if they could reconsider distributing this one via SSC as it might help a lot of us out. I'm starting to think that it is actually Sideshow refusing to do so with this one for whatever reason. Although they sold the Iron Studios Vader despite it blowing their annual Vader PF's away entirely so I don't know why they wouldn't. Their very average maquette has sold out now so they don't have any conflicting products Who knows....

Here's the message straight from Prime 1.....

"As your suggestion for the Big Game Cover Art Predator, it is not we don't want to get involved
with Sideshow, it is just they are one of our distributors, and all our distributors have their own
maeketing strategy for every single item, it is not our position to interfere their decisions."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post

Really looking forward to seeing this, you big baller you....