Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-20-2021, 09:25 PM   #1241
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

OMG. Could you Imagine paying almost 4K for this and having a head sculpt with a shifty decal job like that?

I see one more post with this buffoonery, I'm calling a hard pass. That's just a total joke.

So when it comes to prime 1 and the Paint-job on the JH. Everyone is just rolling the dice it seems. I thought that was just a one off reject when I seen it the first time, But this is the second time seeing this quality out of a box.

I'm Thinking maybe I will hold off and see if a can score one used in a couple of years. This way I can look at what I'm buying. What a total turn off.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:29 PM   #1242
Blade3327
Nightwing

I've seen photos of at least four that look like this. Leo's was featured in that beautiful photo shoot, but the harsh lights reflecting on the forehead prevented us from getting a good look at the spots. Wouldn't be surprised if his were similar to this.

I just don't understand how they could do this after completely nailing the Fugitive. The brown dots, even the black dots in the center, are flawless on that one. Evenly spaced, no slop, perfect shapes.

Did they not actually use a stencil for the Jungle Hunter? If not, why?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:36 PM   #1243
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Leo's Open mandible sculpt is ok. His closed mandible sculpt is like this. Maybe a little worse.

Don't know what they were thinking.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:54 AM   #1244
Blade3327
Nightwing

That same Instagram user posted more photos. In one of them, you can see a hole on the cheek where there's a quill missing. The quills also look dull at the tips, just not the smooth, sharp look the Fugitive had.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:05 AM   #1245
Halcyon
Loki

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
That same Instagram user posted more photos. In one of them, you can see a hole on the cheek where there's a quill missing. The quills also look dull at the tips, just not the smooth, sharp look the Fugitive had.
The wall art pred2 also has nice sharp quills. Uggh c'mon Prime1, To thick ruines the portrait.

Now we need to know if these are hard or flexible.
If these JH quills are the flexible (rubbery like) type, would it be possible to sharpen the tip of it ourselves?
I assume if flex the core of material is black also.

Who has fiddled with this material before?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 06:58 AM   #1246
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
The wall art pred2 also has nice sharp quills. Uggh c'mon Prime1, To thick ruines the portrait.

Now we need to know if these are hard or flexible.
If these JH quills are the flexible (rubbery like) type, would it be possible to sharpen the tip of it ourselves?
I assume if flex the core of material is black also.

Who has fiddled with this material before?
Maybe one of those cheap little plastic pencil sharpeners would work if it's rubber? Only problem is they're so close together, you'd have a hard time fitting it in there and would probably knock some loose in the process.

If you remove them one by one and carefully glue them back in, I see that as maybe a possibility? A risky one though. Only problem with that is, you may mess up and get excess epoxy/glue overspill on the head sculpt and ruin it? I think I'm just going to leave mine alone and just live with it.

If there's a ever a commissioned artist who ends up doing customizations to the heads, like repainting the spots etc. and sharping the tips like a pro___let me know.

I'm sure in the future near future, somebody will be offering. If the price isn't ridiculous, I'd be down for it.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:58 AM   #1247
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

I just placed my order for the City Hunter EX. Half the price and Overall came out way better. Going to pass on this one. Prime one was total fail on this piece.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:12 AM   #1248
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Shipping update. I got a preparing to ship email from Prime 1.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:51 AM   #1249
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Shipping update. I got a preparing to ship email from Prime 1.
They must be shipping to the USA dead last, because they charged me for the last payment + shipping three days ago, but no email stating it shipped yet. Same scenario with a friend of mine in Maryland.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:52 AM   #1250
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
They must be shipping to the USA dead last, because they charged me for the last payment + shipping three days ago, but no email stating it shipped yet. Same scenario with a friend of mine in Maryland.
Are you express or economy?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote