Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-02-2019, 03:54 AM   #221
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
That was when P1 still thought they could rule the world back in the day before the industry had become even further inflated. Affleck was to capitalize on the movies.
Hm, we only knew about their latest Eva and T-Rex last week, and they actually confirmed they were working on a new Ivy about a month ago. Hardly an "in past times" thing.

Quote:
This will be a stretch for most anyone to afford even at 1/4.
Exactly, most people will struggle to get a 1:4 already.

Quote:
They know a 1/3 while higher can't be too much higher to be worth it to them. And with everyone whining about prices a 1/3 hint would just fuel fence sitters.
Oh, it will be quite higher. That's a lot of extra polystone there - these guys are rather tall. And though it's true some people would be willing to go the extra mile to have a 1:3 Pred instead, most will be content with a smaller-but-still-quite-big piece for whatever reason, as Blade3327 here exemplifies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Me, I can't afford 1/3 nor do I have the space for it. A Predator or Alien in that scale would be close to the size of a 1/2 human statue. This 1/4 is perfect.
Quote:
And they have announced things WAY off then been brought back down to Earth several times already.
Perhaps, but that's not what we're discussing here. If anything, that'd be a reason to pay no mind to any new announcements and go for this 1:4 right now no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
He posts great pics for us AND is a "Young Ones" fan - that's you towards the top of my Christmas card list
Lol, big fan of The Young Ones since the eighties. ^_^
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:51 AM   #222
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Well, that was fast:
What changes did P1 make with the closed mandibles head sculpt?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:47 AM   #223
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
What changes did P1 make with the closed mandibles head sculpt?
I noticed the slimmer lower mandibles right away, but apparently the crown is now accurately wider and painted better - I haven't really compared that.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:02 AM   #224
Shoo
Hercules

By the way, great new video of this piece by Sisko on YouTube. Hopefully she'll drop by soon to post the link.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #225
dao2
Cyclops

Honest I just think it's a better picture :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #226
Cromulon
Justice League

Amazing piece. Is this the official 'jungle hunter' as seen in the 1987 movie?. I thnk i read somewhere this is part of the comic line. We need a muddy dutch shoved into the base for the official movie one.
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #227
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulon View Post
Amazing piece. Is this the official 'jungle hunter' as seen in the 1987 movie?. I thnk i read somewhere this is part of the comic line. We need a muddy dutch shoved into the base for the official movie one.
I think this is the Jungle Hunter from the 1987 Predator movie, but posed like the Predator on the front cover of the comic book ''Predator Big Game'' issue 2.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #228
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Agreed - except for the last bit (PLEASE overhaul/redesign that base PRIME 1) (pretty-please) (with unicorns & rainbows) . . .

I'm glad I don't hate the plant life as much as you.. In fact I rather like it.. HOWEVER I know what you mean with regards to it having an aquarium look.

Just get it and rip the plants right out of there lol... Or more likely don't ever put them in.
JAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:23 PM   #229
Python
Omega Red

I actually quite like the base on this. And while I don't like the pose, I do think it could potentially grow on me. I already don't hate it which is an improvement to my initial thoughts. It isn't enough to stop me buying it at any rate. Nice to see P1 are already making alterations, that kind of positive attitude and action is a real breath of fresh air. A few more tweaks (mainly to the mask, wrist blades and shrubbery) And this thing will be insanely awesome.
Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #230
myskye23
Hellboy

I wonder what the price on the Regular Edition will be

The good news is that it's a 1/4 Scale, but then you add on the 4 switch out portraits and the extremely detailed base, it could add up pretty quickly unfortunately. My guess would be around $1,100 - $1,250.

At least that's what I'm hoping for! Lol
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote