That's interesting stuff!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #12
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
i didnt enjoy the movie...

the chick was kinda sexy she had nice feet and boobs...lol that was the best part of the movie...the drag out of bed and down the hall scene was cool but overall was very boring and had 1 or 2 creepy scenes
The scene where she was dragged down the hall was the creepiest part. The movie isn't really scary but it is creepy at some parts, it gave me cold chills a few times but that is it. The theater version has a different ending than the original and some different scenes.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #13
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
The scene where she was dragged down the hall was the creepiest part.
Agreed.

I just got back from seein' this for the first time; I enjoyed it.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:30 AM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
The scene where she was dragged down the hall was the creepiest part. The movie isn't really scary but it is creepy at some parts, it gave me cold chills a few times but that is it.
That pretty much echoes my sentiments towards the film too and overall I actually really enjoyed myself.

Saw it with my girlfriend Halloween night, knowing full well what to expect going in, and I wasn't disappointed. I give this film major points for its creative and daring approach. Its nice to see some originality in this genre thats plagued by remakes and countless sequels that do little to expand upon the original premise. Saw VI is a perfect example, which BTW this film beat at the box office.

The main problem I see with this film is that people will create some sort of unrealistic expectations for it and come away disappointed. For a film that cost a mere $11,000 to make this is a commendable accomplishment. You couldn't do a single episode of a television show nowadays for that kind of money.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:47 AM   #15
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
The theater version has a different ending than the original and some different scenes.
For those that are curious, here are the other endings. One of which was never actually shot. These come from an article in last week's Entertainment Weekly. Personally I prefer the finale we see on screen myself.

BEWARE MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW:

Alternate Ending #1: The Cops
The original ending? Police find Micah's body - and Katie with a knife. When a door slams, a startled cop shoots her dead. Apparently this ending was on YouTube but I can't seem to find it now.

Alternate Ending #2: The Throat
Katie returns to the bedroom after the melee downstairs. She grins wickedly at the camera - and then slits her own throat. The demon then leaves her body, and Katie falls lifelessly to the floor.

Alternate Ending #3: The Camera
A possessed Katie corners Micah and bludgeons him with his precious camera, while viewers watch from the camera's POV. This version of the ending was so complicated that the Director never actually shot it.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:03 AM   #16
Doctor Pym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
The shadow was intentional. Remember where she is talking to the "Doctor" guy who comes to help them and says that when her and her sister were younger they used to see like a shadow standing by the foot of their beds.
Right... I know. And it would be a power that something supernatural might have... though physically, it wouldn't make much sense.

I just remember cracking up, even as a kid, when "Space Ghost" got caught by a villain while using his invisibility power, because he was casting a shadow.

One other thing that would be creepy AND physically plausible is if the thing is *almost* transparent, but not quite... so that you might see a shadow in your peripheral vision (as with jellyfish floating on the surface of a sunlit pool, where the shadow on the bottom is easier to see than the thing itself.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
It could have been a shadow person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people
Yeah, that is interesting.
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #17
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Alternate Ending #1: The Cops
The original ending? Police find Micah's body - and Katie with a knife. When a door slams, a startled cop shoots her dead. Apparently this ending was on YouTube but I can't seem to find it now.

Alternate Ending #2: The Throat
Katie returns to the bedroom after the melee downstairs. She grins wickedly at the camera - and then slits her own throat. The demon then leaves her body, and Katie falls lifelessly to the floor.

Alternate Ending #3: The Camera
A possessed Katie corners Micah and bludgeons him with his precious camera, while viewers watch from the camera's POV. This version of the ending was so complicated that the Director never actually shot it.
I woulda laughed my ass off if she beat Micah to death with that camera. The whole audience prolly wouldve agreed with this move!

The slitting throat thing woulda turned it into a different movie I think...I appreciate the lack of blood and special "effects" to deliver the fear factor.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Seems they're talking sequel already. Can't say I'm surprised.

Source: THR.com

Quote:
'Paranormal Activity' sequel a possibility
Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman reveals Tuesday

NEW YORK -- Viacom's Paramount Pictures is looking at a sequel to current hit release "Paranormal Activity."

During Viacom's earnings call Tuesday, CEO Philippe Dauman said the movie has been one of those surprise hits that comes along only rarely, grossing $85 million in the U.S. already.

Given that a follow-up release wouldn't have the same element of surprise as "Paranormal," it will be key to craft a smart approach to a sequel, he said. "Our team will come up with the right creative and marketing approach to make sure that we benefit from a sequel," Dauman said.

Asked by an analyst if the "Paranormal" model of a low-cost, high-box office film could be easily replicated with other releases, he said no, pointing to how much time passed between similar surprise hit "The Blair Witch Project" and "Paranormal."
Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #19
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

this movie really suck its just garbage
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #20
mallock
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

So what is the ending in the theaters?

I watched this online and the ending I saw is the one where Katie is shot and killed by the police...
mallock is offline   Reply With Quote