Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-28-2021, 01:42 AM   #101
Biggunz
Loki

Its funny.... I was reading through comments again . ..

Do you think IKO works for pcs?

I DO!!!!!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 03:08 AM   #102
MrYac
Hercules

you do know you can have more than 1 thought per post, don't ya bud?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 05:57 AM   #103
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

The decisions on buying this product is the truest test of money or sense.

My initial sense is 1600 is ridiculous, and that hasn't wavered. I really wish communities could come together and stand their ground on these pricing trends.

Then you get the 'hurrr Durr I'm getting this regardless of price' leaving us disappointed by humanity once again.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 02:39 PM   #104
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Its funny.... I was reading through comments again . ..

Do you think IKO works for pcs?

I DO!!!!!
Ha! I do not but that's ok. Now I know how Grumpy feels.

I was just trying to provide a little perspective because the overwhelming chat was "This price is highway robbery! I'm not buying! How dare they? Down with PCS!" Is the price high? Yes. Is PCS probably upcharging it due to the positive reaction of the piece? Yes. Personally, I just didn't think the price was THAT outrageous based on everything else coming out these days.

I guess when I see $2000 1/3 hyperreal statue prices, and $5000 Godzilla/Kong dio prices, and $4000 life size bust prices, I think I have become a little desensitized to the pricing in this crazy statue world we are living in.

And I only thought about the "low ES, high price later scenario" because of the chat around pieces like XM's Storm or Scorpion. All I hear about nowadays is how there are multiple collectors who would LOVE those statues now but they are way too pricey in the aftermarket. Well, at one point, those same collectors could have had those statues at the lower price but they passed. I am not saying they are right or wrong. You just have to weigh the cost/benefit of not picking it up when you have the chance. This situation even applies to me. Personally, I am kicking myself on XM Hulk Transformation. I could have had that at $1800 when it came out but passed because I thought the price was outrageous at the time. Now you can't find that piece for under $3000 and there is no way I'm paying that much.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:28 PM   #105
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
The decisions on buying this product is the truest test of money or sense.

My initial sense is 1600 is ridiculous, and that hasn't wavered. I really wish communities could come together and stand their ground on these pricing trends.

Then you get the 'hurrr Durr I'm getting this regardless of price' leaving us disappointed by humanity once again.
You think PCS will re-evaluate the price of the statue if they didnt get enough orders? Most likely PCS will either produce how many were preordered or at worst, the statue will be cancelled. Just look at Prime 1 last week, they announced two or three of their statues are cancelled due to lack of preorders.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:32 PM   #106
qz33
Doctor Doom

Anyone ever see a company slash the PO price of a statue?
And if they did y'all think it'd be worth it at $1,500?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 04:21 AM   #107
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Click image for larger version

Name:	the-last-ronin-supreme-edition_tmnt_gallery_6127e79b50ba3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	142481

So many display options! Haha

Honestly I don't think the price is that bad, yes it's 'only' quarter scale but that's my scale of choice

I feel that this is a one off piece that may not be bettered so the price isn't an issue personally

Would I prefer it cheaper? Of course, but everything is more expensive now, and will continue to be that way

You can always get the cheaper option if price is such an issue, I know the other turtles aren't included but they are represented on the base

Us consumers can't really stop this trend of price increases, short of not buying at all. And who wants to miss out if it's a great piece? Either buy or don't, those are the options
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 05:29 AM   #108
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
You think PCS will re-evaluate the price of the statue if they didnt get enough orders? Most likely PCS will either produce how many were preordered or at worst, the statue will be cancelled. Just look at Prime 1 last week, they announced two or three of their statues are cancelled due to lack of preorders.
No, That's not what meant or implied, I meant that I wish people would just say no to these ridiculously high prices. Having said that, if that meant product cancellations then great, companies would clearly know the reason why after a little browsing. It's costing them money to make these prototypes and have to cancel after that effort. That's music to my ears
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:04 PM   #109
Biggunz
Loki

Don't know but Prime 1\3 hush Batman just waitlisted after being up for preorder for two days with es of 350....priced at $1199 AND IS A VARIANT

We will see how elastic the price is on ronin

Ill be very surprised to see if this sells 350 statues ...hell....even 150

So price pumping AGAIN IMO is something not just overlooked

Even when you look at the Ronin by itself $880 vs 1199.....For $319 is there even any comparison

Also Prime 1 launching quicker overall turn around time

STAY STRONG...keep a business mentality ...its good practice .....Not only in statue collecting but other negotiations as well
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:23 PM   #110
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Attachment 142481
Us consumers can't really stop this trend of price increases, short of not buying at all. And who wants to miss out if it's a great piece? Either buy or don't, those are the options
Bad mentality. It's exactly us consumers who CAN stop the trend. The businesses are trying to use FOMO against rationality.

If no one's buying then they have no choice but to re-evaluate their pricing if they wish to stay in business.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote