Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #31
sdgs
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Who sculpted this? When is this being released?
Suheryanto hatmaja. No idea for the release date.
sdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #32
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Cost $20,000 to buy

Cost $5,000 - $10,000 to sell.

Save your money.

The secondary market and statues sale groups are FLOODED with these things.
Yup. Seems to be a lot of the folks we were talking about in the Dark Phoenix thread. Trying to bundle with something premium or sell cheap and move them quick.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #33
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Cut corners in what way? Any examples you are referring to?
casting - much less material used now

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #34
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgs View Post
Suheryanto hatmaja. No idea for the release date.
thanks

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #35
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

With regards to sculpt, detailing, paint apps, etc., the statues appearing now are so much better than the stuff of old. QC is another matter entirely though some of it has to do with the complexity of the pieces that are coming out now.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:20 PM   #36
MagisterZ
Frackin!

Firstly I don't care about the resell price ... I buy them because I like them, if you want to resell at a profit get into real estate not statues.

Secondly don't hate on things just because you can't afford them. I don't think we shouldn't make sport cars just because I can't afford one.
MagisterZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #37
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Yup. Seems to be a lot of the folks we were talking about in the Dark Phoenix thread. Trying to bundle with something premium or sell cheap and move them quick.
Yes exactly!

What happens is people want to get in on the fun and start collecting the grails. They spend a $1000 + on a soon to be grail. They realize "---- I just spend $1000" on this giant thing with giant boxes. Now I want to sell it shouldn't be a problem, right...it's a grail the new sculpting is much better should be able to get my money back really fast, right? They put it up for sale what they paid...no interest cause the only people that would've bought these already got them from the get go. So they drop the price because they want it gone and they money and space back. Price drops a little maybe just eating the shipping. No takers, because there multiple sellers trying to do the same thing as you and maybe the buyers want to deal locally to get the best deal or maybe because maybe they're not as hot as everyone made them out to be. Then the only way to really move them to someone who is on the fence is by giving them a deal they can't refuse which results in the original buyer losing hundreds of dollars, as that is the only way to motivate the smart secondary market buyers who were the few on the fence from the get go.

This is how I see the new and improved 2017-2018 high end statue market (XM- P1) moral of the story, if you are gonna buy the big ridiculous pieces make sure you're buying to keep and collect, because buying these gigantic imports with crazy high shipping with appliance sized boxes are nightmares to get rid of.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:05 PM   #38
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrapro1 View Post
XM makes top of the class product. It's so good nothing comes close. It's just being able to get all those pieces now has become impossible. Prime example I'm a huge Spiderman fan so for me to collect that line alone :

Venom
Myseterio
Carnage
Kingpin
Kraven
Vulture
Electro
Scorpion
Mary Jane
Spider Gwen
Spiderman
Lizard
Doc Ock
Sand Man

Let's say these are 1K each and they are not you're at 14K without shipping and import . A tonne of money so I'm forced to pick and choose. In Canadian dollars that group would cost me over 20000.00 with shipping and extras.
You can get quite a few of these for $700-800 shipped. You also left out Black Cat who I see going for around that price as well.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:14 PM   #39
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Agreed that's why I haven't bought any except for Venom. The only other XM pieces I own are Namor, Hulkbuster and Iron Man Classic. Humble start I don't want to get carried away.

It's funny but 1/6 scale market does so well and it's so easy to sell stuff.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:48 PM   #40
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrapro1 View Post
Agreed that's why I haven't bought any except for Venom. The only other XM pieces I own are Namor, Hulkbuster and Iron Man Classic. Humble start I don't want to get carried away.

It's funny but 1/6 scale market does so well and it's so easy to sell stuff.
Me and you have very similar taste in which XM statues we buy. I will have the same 3 when the iron man and hulkbuster are released. But yeah I won't pre order XM pieces unless I'm scared that they will go for big money in the after market because I'm not looking to spend $500 extra on a statue that is already expensive to begin with. I pre ordered Dark Phoenix, Weapon X and White Magneto due to those fears.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote