Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #1001
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Well they switched to MTO sometime last year.

Yes TH was off to a bumpy start with a very long learning curve. You'll definitely notice a difference going forward as they are really initiating some positive changes.
Are you talking about XM switching to MTO? That's true, but they just recently switched back to a fixed ES...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:41 PM   #1002
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL_2814 View Post
So, what is to prevent anyone selling the old Superman statue on eBay and and keeping the money. If that’s the case, anyone who bought this exclusive statue would receive most of their original payment back and have the new statue as well.
There is nothing to prevent that.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:42 PM   #1003
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Are you talking about XM switching to MTO? That's true, but they just recently switched back to a fixed ES...
Yes I was referring to XM. See I was totally unaware they had switched back to fixed ES. News is constantly changing.

edit. I see it's still MTO with a cap on the ES. Whichever comes first
Old 07-07-2020, 12:43 PM   #1004
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
XM for the most part doesn't have exclusives (yeah I know Lady Death and Thanos the one exception) and it doesn't seem to be hurting their business... They have also made lots of less popular characters and seem to be doing fine still...
But you’re suggesting that Tweeterhead stop selling directly to customers. Obviously, TH has much higher profit on pieces sold directly to collectors rather than through Sideshow, who takes a large piece of the pie. Give up that higher profit margin and I suspect the decision making process on whether to make a particular piece becomes much more difficult.

I don’t understand the comparison with XM, who do sell directly to collectors.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #1005
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL_2814 View Post
So, what is to prevent anyone selling the old Superman statue on eBay and and keeping the money. If that’s the case, anyone who bought this exclusive statue would receive most of their original payment back and have the new statue as well.
Such a person would be struck by lightning at the earliest opportunity.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #1006
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Well one thing that would keep them from selling on eBay might just be this. Just got this email from TH.

"Hi there,

Thank you for responding! Please also keep the colored box your original SP Superman came in as the replacement SP Superman is not arriving in a new colored box."
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:06 PM   #1007
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
But you’re suggesting that Tweeterhead stop selling directly to customers. Obviously, TH has much higher profit on pieces sold directly to collectors rather than through Sideshow, who takes a large piece of the pie. Give up that higher profit margin and I suspect the decision making process on whether to make a particular piece becomes much more difficult.

I don’t understand the comparison with XM, who do sell directly to collectors.
My suggestion on letting other companies sell his statues has to do with his customer service issues. As I mention in another post if your customer service gets so bad that people would rather buy the regular version from someone else than the Exclusive from you, then you have problems. If he really wants to keep selling statues himself then he needs to fix his customer service before nobody buys directly from him.

The comparison with XM, I was just responding to your statement that without exclusives he wouldn't be able to make less popular characters or at least that's what I thought you were saying...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:13 PM   #1008
MapleDonut
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Such a person would be struck by lightning at the earliest opportunity.
Did you confirm this with TH?
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:17 PM   #1009
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Well one thing that would keep them from selling on eBay might just be this. Just got this email from TH.

"Hi there,

Thank you for responding! Please also keep the colored box your original SP Superman came in as the replacement SP Superman is not arriving in a new colored box."
well that doesn't apply to me since I don't have the box.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:17 PM   #1010
GL_2814
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post

"Hi there,

That’s good to know.
GL_2814 is offline   Reply With Quote