Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-26-2019, 05:40 PM   #271
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I think it's supposed to look like Wolvie has been launched by Colossus fastball special style through the Sentinel like a bullet and is flying out the front still in mid swipe, but in the full dio that won't really make sense as it looks like Colossus is busy attacking the other one.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:09 PM   #272
SONICobra
Batman

exactly, on the sentinel he just looks awkward as hell. ideally i would have put him on top attacking the head or neck as hes been so famously depicted doing ("this ones for you morph!") but thats basically what best is doing, i would have swapped them

but in the current placement i think something like this would have worked on all levels, maybe theres still time for them to rework wolvie

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ea798003b2b25e088f612edb6dc45f59.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	125433  
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:12 PM   #273
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
That's how I see it as well. He's made it through and is taking an extra swipe at empty space. Even if they said it was berserker rage it still doesn't make sense.
I never saw it as an extra swipe. From the beginning I saw it as a single continuous attack through the Sentinel.

I could’ve sworn I’ve seen something similar. Possibly in the 90’s cartoon. Or maybe just one of the games.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:27 PM   #274
SONICobra
Batman

reminds me of the berserker barage attack from the capcom games which are multiple fast swipes
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:59 PM   #275
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
exactly, on the sentinel he just looks awkward as hell. ideally i would have put him on top attacking the head or neck as hes been so famously depicted doing ("this ones for you morph!") but thats basically what best is doing, i would have swapped them

but in the current placement i think something like this would have worked on all levels, maybe theres still time for them to rework wolvie

Wolverine #27 cover/ NES video game cover.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:20 PM   #276
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I never saw it as an extra swipe. From the beginning I saw it as a single continuous attack through the Sentinel.

I could’ve sworn I’ve seen something similar. Possibly in the 90’s cartoon. Or maybe just one of the games.
That's what I thought from the picture where it looks like Wolverine is coming toward the camera. But as we got better looks he's too far out for me to see it that way. The tail end of the swipe is supposed to represent where it began and that's still far outside the sentinel. I would've had it start from the exit point instead of where it is now which appears to be the lower bicep of the robot.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:25 PM   #277
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah i think its a good concept but only if the pose works as a stand alone AND on the sentinel. fitting wolverine on the sentinel appears to be a total afterthought. why would he be swiping the air that far out from the sentinel?
It would have been better if it was actually Rogue who is bursting out from the Sentinel body and wolverine slashing its face. Since flying through the Sentinel is Rogue's hobby in the 90's Cartoons.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:33 PM   #278
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

That latest video from D23 linked above sold me on this dio. Barring a crazy high price, I think I am in. While Wolvie as is doesn't bother me it's nice to know he will have a switch out arm and Jubilee is a must.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:42 PM   #279
fsdre
Mephisto

Where is gambit at in the diorama picture. I cant seem to find him
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:52 PM   #280
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Watch the vid that was posted ^

The rep says that all the x men are removable and can be bought separately.

I assume they can go on their own environmental base, you can also just buy the Sentinel by itself, again I assume that there must be plugs of some kind that you can put in the Sentinel where a character would be otherwise those just wanting the stand alone Sentinel will have loads of empty square holes on it.

I noticed on the vid as well that the hole is through the entire body of the Sentinel where Wolvie has cut in through its back, in the pics it just looked like he swallowed him and he was bursting out of his chest.

That hole makes me feel better, though I still dont like Wolverine right now,
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote