Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-10-2021, 12:28 AM   #1
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Angry SSC extremely dishonest and switches my shipping method without notification

I’m extremely P. off with Sideshow today. I just happened to notice they change my courier from FedEx to DHL without notifying me. My 2 Dejahs are supposed to be charged tomorrow. Shipping cost seems to be the same but they should not be changing couriers without telling me. However on another order they did something that have me fuming.

I notice they didn’t charge my Flex on the Campbell Cinderella statue last month. I called them to have them charge it. I went back to my account a few hours later and notice my FedEx shipping went from $60 (around that) to $90 USD. WTF!! How can this cost more than a PF I had shipped prior month?? I quickly screen shot my PCS Myers Statue and FedEx for that remains $68 USD. How can Cinderella cost more than a 1/4 statue??

Not only that, a few months ago, they switch my Child Statue shipping from FedEx to DHL without notification. I let that slip by because it already shipped.

I then checked my other orders with Flex and Sideshow increased my shipping cost on Ryu Ultra and Silver Surfer Maquette without notification. With my remaining Flex statues which are supposed to be shipped FedEx, I decided to screen shot everything.

Though I know FedEx cost more to ship than DHL (Canada), I’m willing to pay for it. Since I have a FedEx account, I actually pay less in taxes and also my VAT fees are waived. I also don’t have to pay right away (usually they charge my CC in 2-3 weeks) whereas DHL requires payment right away and I have to pay the VAT fees.

Sideshow, I’ve been a customer for over a decade with over 400 orders to date. it’s absolutely ridiculous that you would change something without notifying your customers. This switch and bait should never happened!

I am contacting you tomorrow on my 2 Dejah Statues and Cinderella statue shipping cost. It’s unacceptable!

For International customers, I encourage you to take screen shots on all your orders that have shipping cost posted. If changes happened without your knowledge, you should file a complaint against Sideshow. They need to honor what was posted on your account. Its BS on what they are doing.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:44 AM   #2
SAB380
The X-Men

Switching shipping companies pales in comparison to Sideshow's long term behaviour of sending out large quantities of statues known to have specific issues and just hoping customers will accept them.

That's before we even get to many peoples belief that Sideshow sends out returned defective statues in the hope the next person will accept it.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:31 AM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

I have had this problem in the past. My account was set to DHL at all times. Sure enough Sideshow would ship Sideshow products and Hot Toys products using DHL. For some reason, the few Prime 1 and PCS products would be sent via FedEx, which are dire when it comes to US - UK shipping, and take forever to arrive, unlike DHL which take 3 to 5 days.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:10 AM   #4
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Man that is whack. Wish you the best in getting the results you need VS. lord knows you’re a solid SS customer!!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:18 AM   #5
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Man that is whack. Wish you the best in getting the results you need VS. lord knows you’re a solid SS customer!!
I called them this morning and the rep said he couldn’t even put it on FedEx if he wanted to. He said he would take it to there shipping department to investigate it. I have no confidence in ssc since it’s already prepared to ship now.

On another note, he couldn’t explain to me why prices changed on my account since they are already fixed. A 1:5 scale statue like Cinderella should not cost more to ship than there last Harley PF by over 20%. I’m just going to take screen shots on all my orders and just have to put SSC in its place if they change things without notifying me on it.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #6
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
400 orders to date.
400 orders...JEEZ. sometimes you gotta know when to say when.

i understand your frustration, and they should have notified you ........but there is no doubt there is an international shipping problem, and with this problem comes increased cost and unreasonable wait times.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:47 PM   #7
VS1976

So here’s the update. This morning SSC Bob was suppose to contact me via email to determine what the shipping courier would be. I got no email and I called SSC back to follow up with my orders. SSC Myles said Bob had spoken to Management and they determine I’d chose DHL so they process the order to ship.

WTF!! This is not what I asked for. SSC was supposed to get back to me about switching couriers. I was not pleased and told Myles that your system changed my order and the communication is non-existent.

Moving forward, I took screen shots of all my orders when shipping method has been selected. I’m going force ssc to honor the courier I selected a day before my item is suppose to ship. None of this BS thing they are doing.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:49 PM   #8
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
400 orders...JEEZ. sometimes you gotta know when to say when.

i understand your frustration, and they should have notified you ........but there is no doubt there is an international shipping problem, and with this problem comes increased cost and unreasonable wait times.
Don’t worry, I’ll be ordering less from ssc moving forward.

I have no issues paying more for a prefer shipping because I know the taxes I have to pay through FedEx would be much lower.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:13 PM   #9
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Don’t worry, I’ll be ordering less from ssc moving forward.

I have no issues paying more for a prefer shipping because I know the taxes I have to pay through FedEx would be much lower.
I heard Prime 1 is a pretty good company
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:50 PM   #10
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
I heard Prime 1 is a pretty good company
they love announcing Ip's and never releasing statues, but yeah, good company
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote