Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-06-2015, 10:55 PM   #331
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS View Post
With an ES of 270, regardless of underboob coverage this one is going to be tough to get a hold of pretty quickly. Personally, and I hope it is a lighting thing, I am more concerned about missing eyebrows than hidden underboob.
My Shanna's eyebrows came out nicely. It could be an issue of lighting. I'll post pics when I get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I agree. I think this is a big adjustment to what was shown for preorder. Everybody was in a uproar when SS smoothed out the Rogue PF booty. I think the underboob paint over underneath an animal skin bikini top looks dumb. 270 ES or not. it's a very beautiful sculpt though paint apps notwithstanding.
Oh, c'mon now. This is nowhere close to The Rogue Fiasco. Rogue's actual sculpt was changed and, even worse, her portrait paints were ATROCIOUS. A steep drop-off from the prototype and the worst portraits I've ever seen on a 1/4 scale.

Curse you for making me gaze on these again.

(Pic comparison by Fuzzylojiks)

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:07 PM   #332
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
My Shanna's eyebrows came out nicely. It could be an issue of lighting. I'll post pics when I get the chance.

Oh, c'mon now. This is nowhere close to The Rogue Fiasco. Rogue's actual sculpt was changed and, even worse, her portrait paints were ATROCIOUS. A steep drop-off from the prototype and the worst portraits I've ever seen on a 1/4 scale.

AHhhhhhhhhhh! My eyes that rogue is so bad it's one of th worst ever made. The paint job on her face is terrible. Hope GG make a new 1:4 rogue and psylocke.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:38 AM   #333
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
AHhhhhhhhhhh! My eyes that rogue is so bad it's one of th worst ever made. The paint job on her face is terrible. Hope GG make a new 1:4 rogue and psylocke.
LOL. the factory paint job makes her look like Joker's twin.

and yet guys on ebay pay top dollar for this in factory condition. I think because the overall sculpt is good. same goes for SSC Psylocke PF with the unprimed paint job. guys are also paying what...upwards to $700 for that even if the paint's all flaked off. again, it's because the sculpt is good.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:38 AM   #334
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
LOL. the factory paint job makes her look like Joker's twin.

and yet guys on ebay pay top dollar for this in factory condition. I think because the overall sculpt is good. same goes for SSC Psylocke PF with the unprimed paint job. guys are also paying what...upwards to $700 for that even if the paint's all flaked off. again, it's because the sculpt is good.
The sculpt being good doesn't hurt the after-market price - even with the butt reduction. I think mostly it's because there are no alternatives if you want a 1/4 Jim Lee Rogue to complement your 1/4 X-Men.

In Shanna's case the sculpt is excellent and the paints are pretty damn close to the prototype. Memories of PF Rogue already boil my blood and to compare the two is sacrilege!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:12 AM   #335
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:25 AM   #336
grphyx1
Kingpin

Nowhere close because less of Shanna was made. I actually cancelled my pre-order of Shanna when the color of the raptor changed as I thought it made the raptor look like a plastic toy (maybe they were red I don't know), a red raptor in a green/brown forest would be kinda hard to hide from prey. Whatev's art is a matter of perception. you enjoy.

Never liked Rogue sculpt/pose from the moment it was previewed either.

Quote:

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:35 PM   #337
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Yeah just thinking of the psylocke makes me mad because ss didn't recall those things knowing they had no primer. It came good for a month until the return 30 days was over a few months more than the legs and base cracked. Many of the legs cracked and the base had those huge spider webbing crack lines all over in due time. When I got her she was fine. Down the road a few month not fine at all. I wished they would have made a recall or help people get theirs fixed. It just wasn't right to pass them off as good statues knowing they made the mistake. If they really didn't know until it was too late then why not email the buyers or make a post to let buyers know. Especially on this site because buyers seeing cracked legs more and more during the time of release. That was just so shady in every way.
As for rogue the proto and production is in the pic. Need I say more? Just look at the two comparisons above and you tell me.
On the bright side if emma comes good then at least the QC at SS would have made leaps to improve. If my emma comes good I will be convinced that SS must have got a new management Qc team.
Now if GG just makes the x-men 1:4 ladies I would buy all of them. Shanna is now my only GG statue. After seeing how good this is I wished I kept my sp girls and bought the 300 emma statue.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #338
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Nowhere close because less of Shanna was made. I actually cancelled my pre-order of Shanna when the color of the raptor changed as I thought it made the raptor look like a plastic toy (maybe they were red I don't know), a red raptor in a green/brown forest would be kinda hard to hide from prey. Whatev's art is a matter of perception. you enjoy.

Never liked Rogue sculpt/pose from the moment it was previewed either.
Nowhere close so let's not make the comparison and force me to be placed on blood pressure meds!

Rogue Gate was a dark time, especially for us who were fond of the proto.

No doubt a lot of people were turned off by the raptor color, and I do prefer the original. In person though it's not a jarring look. Maybe she hunted down the elusive Red Raptor of the jungle?

My biggest gripe is the difficulty putting it together! My first GG statue and I had to enlist the aid of two TV dinner tables to precariously screw in place.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:54 PM   #339
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
It does for me, if it doesn't for you ( or anyone else) that's cool. I just find it to be one of those niggly things that I personally can't unsee, and that would always stick out and slightly bother me, that's all I was trying to get across.

We all see these things slightly differently, so it's all good.
Agreed
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:09 PM   #340
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Nowhere close so let's not make the comparison and force me to be placed on blood pressure meds!

Rogue Gate was a dark time, especially for us who were fond of the proto.

No doubt a lot of people were turned off by the raptor color, and I do prefer the original. In person though it's not a jarring look. Maybe she hunted down the elusive Red Raptor of the jungle?

My biggest gripe is the difficulty putting it together! My first GG statue and I had to enlist the aid of two TV dinner tables to precariously screw in place.
I think imo the red dino works out great. It compliments the statue otherwise the raptor becomes kind of invisible on the display. Sure it looks more real but in comics red raptors run wild everywhere. Glad I bought this one. I'm going to have to add this awesome sculptor to my best of the best list. I really hope SS keeps these guys otherwise I would buy so little from them if these guys leave. These guys are one of the main reason I love SS statues. There are other great sculptors. But to me these guys stand out with everything they do sends a huge presence to the industry. GG will have a huge lost if they lose harbottle.

Steve Schumacher
Mark newman
Tim miller
Will harbottle