Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-16-2021, 12:08 PM   #61
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
There is going to be another 1:5 He-man as well, this 1:6 line is going to be a more simplified version of the characters while the 1:5 line is a more realistic take on them, like how they would look in a modern live action film.

I think of this new 1:6 line kind of like a mix of filmation and the art they used in the vintage toy line.

You can see a load of great vintage MOTU art in this blog - http://monsterbrains.blogspot.com/20...-universe.html

Thank you...
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:08 PM   #62
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
I wonder if the front of Battlecat is supported by that large tooth on the base.
That's what I thought initially, but the sculptor himself (Ariel Mora Remis) told a friend of mine it's not.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #63
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Based on the very first pic, it is not supported by the tooth at all. You can see the space between his paw and the tooth. IF they put a rod through the base, through his paw and into at least half his body he should be fine. Even better if it's two rods or something like that.

sidenote: I just checked out Ariel Mora Remis' instagram. He does a great job at sculpting animals. Has a horse on there too. Just saying, Tweeterhead
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:55 PM   #64
qz33
Rescue

For sure! Been going to that page for years.
If anyone wants some more art to fall in love with along with this statue:
http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/motu.html

Quote:
There is going to be another 1:5 He-man as well, this 1:6 line is going to be a more simplified version of the characters while the 1:5 line is a more realistic take on them, like how they would look in a modern live action film.

I think of this new 1:6 line kind of like a mix of filmation and the art they used in the vintage toy line.

You can see a load of great vintage MOTU art in this blog - http://monsterbrains.blogspot.com/20...-universe.html

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:54 PM   #65
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm not sexist or man hating, I just only buy statues of characters I REALLY love. Those are commonly characters that I fell in love with through comics and cartoons. Growing up, you imagine being what you feel you are - and being a girl, those are ladies. I was She-Ra 3 years in a row for Halloween as a kid

There are lots of cool male characters, but I don't have any of the affinity for them that I do female characters. My collection (both statues and art) focus on Storm, Poison Ivy, She-Ra, and Catwoman. I have a random Harley here and there. It is FAR too costly to try and collect everything I think is cool, I am not a flipper and don't rotate my collection much, and only have so much space I want to devote. My collection style has helped me a lot with this situation.
That’s cool and I get that. I was just wondering. At today’s costs you want to just grab the ones that mean the most to you unless you grow money trees. I have had to start doing a bit of focusing on my collecting lately.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:48 AM   #66
Shoo
The Enchantress

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #67
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This looks awesome so I am guessing that I will be priced out. Will be watching just in case though as I don’t see us ever getting a better version from the first series. Th has been knocking it out of the park on their he-man line.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:51 PM   #68
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I just picked up 2 of these play sets at Walmart. Love the artwork on the box. I owned the PCS combo but if the price is right, I’ll get this version also.

VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:16 PM   #69
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Clearer pic by plastic cell

Damn.. this is one impressive sculpt. I would love if they did Pantho and Skeletor to complement this statue.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:33 PM   #70
Mister H
Green Goblin

I’ll be keeping an eye on this one.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote