Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #11
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

my best friend has a crazy amount and they are of just stupid crap like for instance every friday the 13th he gets a 13 tattoo?????

my personal opinion a tat on a woman ruins her attractiveness to me. my brothers wife just went and got another tattoo with out telling him he is SOOOO pissed she went off with one of her friends got drunk got another tat.( my brother hates tats) Sorry but if I was still married and my wife came home with a tat that we had no discussed she would be out the door..
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I was at a local supermarket a few days ago and saw a guy with a shaved head and a colored tattoo that COMPLETELY covered the back of his head! He was with what appeared to be his 2 young sons. I actually felt bad for those kids.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
dr_teng

I don't see the problem, it's just another form of expression. Some look good, most look bad, whatever. If people regret them later, that's just more money for those doctors that do tattoo removals.

As for respect for your body, when you're in a nation where over 30% of people are obese (note : applies to Canada with a slightly lower percentage), it's pretty clear that respect for the body went out ages ago.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #14
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

The only difference between those with tattoos and those without...is that we don't give a crap if you don't have any.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
protector2814
Phoenix

That's my only way of appreciating them.....one day, all these tatted kids and 20 somethings will be 50+..with droopy asses and lower-backs, liver spotted hands and arms, budda-bellies, male-pattern-baldness and double chins...and these tattoos will be there saying hello....look at me. Grandchildren and grown kids will pull back in fear and shock. It'll be fun. You can't remove these damn things. laser-removal just leaves bruise like, shadowy reminders nestled in scarred-pink skin. I don't mind seeing them now...just wait 'til later.
I've seen some cool ones here on the forum and do like them als I realize that some fully realize what will happen iin time.

* update - had a little more time to think about this - Personal choice is what it really comes down to. As much as I'm prown to wince about these things when I see them and project what the eventual outcome may be - I'm not gonna fault anyone for inking themselves. Not my cup of tea and regret may come to some....it's their body...their choice. I don't really care. It'll be interesting, if I live that long, to watch the aging process of this huge social wave of tatts.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think a small subtle tattoo is okay. When a woman covers her body with it becomes less attractive.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #17
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
You can't remove these damn things. laser-removal just leaves bruise like, shadowy reminders nestled in scarred-pink skin.
I've had a tattoo removed off my back and there's no scar, infact there's no evidence it was ever there. Incredibly painful process though.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #18
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
The only difference between those with tattoos and those without...is that we don't give a crap if you don't have any.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #19
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post

What I don't understand is people who get tattoos on their face... on your FACE?! You can't cover that up.
Sure you can...

statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #20
statman
Baron Zemo

Tats are OK with me. Like most other things though, too much of anything is never any good.

I don't have any, but I would like to get one or two eventually.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote