Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #41
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
This was the first movie I've seen in a theatre since Ford v Ferrari. It was really good. ____ is logically better than ____ and they showed that in the movie.

Fun! Mad Libs!!

Any Marvel Movie is logically better than any DC movie and they showed that in the movie.

Or

Any Star Wars movie, book, tv show, skit, Star Wars kid meme is logically better than The Last Jedi and they showed that in the movie
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:26 PM   #42
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Can’t wait when this comes in 4K/3D
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:04 PM   #43
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I don't know if I can say it was great but I thought it was fun.

Exactly what I want from a monster movie anyway.
Which makes it great.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:29 PM   #44
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Which makes it great.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:15 AM   #45
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

SPOILERS, warned you

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I don't know if I can say it was great but I thought it was fun.

Exactly what I want from a monster movie anyway.
i was expecting to have more fun tbh. i liked the original better, and i thought Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator were better VS movies.

The two Godzilla vs Kong battles were good at best. i was expecting a lot more. The battle at sea was ok, kinda stupid IMO and the Hong Kong battle left me wanting more...thank God for the tag-team encore. for me, it was the only redeeming factor of the film. Godzilla practically killing kong, only for Kong to be revived by the spaceship thing, and then heroically coming to Godzilla's rescue after Mecha-G literally mopped the floor with him was my favorite part. Kong beheading of Mecha G with the spike axe thing and holding it up Predator style was AWESOME, a shame it was the only awesome part of the movie.

Kong was just too damn big IMO. I know they had to make him that big for the film to "work" but he was too big. I know it's different storylines, but watching him grapple with Godzilla was the same scale as him grappling with the Vrex, didn't sit well with me scale wise, you know us collectors things having to be in scale.

another thing that drove me nuts was how fast they had Godzilla move. He moved like a ----ing velociraptor. it was hysterical. He's like 400 foot 1 billion pound monster and he moved like Musgy Bogues. Never seen anything so goofy before. He should move like a Gigantic lumbering beast, but instead they had him move like Simone Biles...ca-mon.

some other thoughts...Hollow Earth, more like Hollow Head.

So Kong entered the wormhole thing in antartica after being convinced by the Asian sign language girl that his family is in there. Then found himself in "hollow earth" i still don't know what the hell it was, i guess it just so happened to be a skull island to the 10th power or some ----. Then he stumbled upon a hidden cave where it was the equivalent of Conan finding the Atlandean Sword in Conan the Barbarian, he then activated the super reactor energy thing the people were searching for. Godzilla while in Hong Kong could feel the energy underneath his feat blasted his atomic breath literally through the center of the earth LOONEY TUNES style creating a giant underground railroad for Kong to crawl out of Hollow Earth only to find himself in Hong Kong setting up a round 2 .fight with Godzilla The studio approved this garbage?!?!?!

but the most hysterical thing of the movie was when Kong took a pager out o Mel Gibson's book in Lethal Weapon and slamming his shoulder back into place after getting literally killed by Godzilla...just when i thought i've seen it all, a 350 foot King Kong pops his shoulder back into his socket before going to the aid of his nemesis, now friend: Godzilla.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:21 AM   #46
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Well...they left no question as to who the king of the titans is did they?

I enjoyed this movie, but it's probably not my fave of the series. I do agree that the fight scenes weren't as satisfying or choreographed as well as some of the fights scenes in KOTM.

I also thought the same thing about Godzilla's speed. He was much too fast for his massive weight. It seemed to me that Godzilla was treated somewhat differently in each of the three movies he was in. I felt like he was much slower and much less powerful in the first movie when he fought the Mutos. His atomic breath also seemed less powerful and less impressive looking than it was in King of the Monsters or Godzilla vs Kong.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:11 PM   #47
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I was good with it. I"m a G fan, the film was more Kong-centric then I would like but I expected that. Lots of crazy stuff but the Japanese films certainly set a precedent for that many times.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:24 AM   #48
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Huge Godzilla fan and I've loved all the latest since 2014 but this was way better than the 2014 version. And that 25 min brawl at the end was better than any of them. I did really like KOTM tho.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:09 AM   #49
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

After killing millions of ppl. completely destroying a nation. I always knew that if you drill a hole on earth u would end-up in Asia. In the end Sub-Zero wins! aha!
waste of time in my option
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:24 AM   #50
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I love monster movies and I look forward to Godzilla vs. Kong

I really liked Godzilla - King of the monsters but my favorite Gozilla movie is still Emmerich's Godzilla.
Actors, story, action, .... for me it's just a great film.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote