Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-06-2015, 09:57 AM   #1081
Thor57
Teen Titans

Question for you guys. Did you feel some of Caps fights were to cgi heavy even when they didn't need to be? I loved the movie, but some of them were hard to take. They feel so natural in Winter Soldier.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #1082
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think that's because a lot of his fights were set up for 3D. Can't hide that sometimes.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #1083
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Question for you guys. Did you feel some of Caps fights were to cgi heavy even when they didn't need to be? I loved the movie, but some of them were hard to take. They feel so natural in Winter Soldier.
That and there is going to be a few jarring differences in how they can shoot when he is fighting regular people versus robots.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #1084
Thor57
Teen Titans

I guess it's just that first scene in the movie really. They all looked so bad, mainly Thor and Cap.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #1085
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Looks like Whedon as well felt that the Infinity Stone exposition took away from AoU being as sting a film on its own two as it could be. Similar content to the previous article we discussed.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/05...artner_zergnet
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:32 PM   #1086
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I guess it's just that first scene in the movie really. They all looked so bad, mainly Thor and Cap.
I noticed it too, especially with Thor, but Cap looked pretty CGI too in the first fight scenes.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:45 PM   #1087
SONICobra
Batman

yeah thor seemed a little off in that first scene, I don't wear glasses to the theatre so it wasn't too bad for me though lol
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:52 PM   #1088
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I was remiss on my Phase 2 viewing. Just watched the last four movies back to back the past four days...

Anyway, I voiced my displeasure with Ultron's mouth when the trailer debuted, and not to belabor the point as it's been made ad nauseam, but yeah, huge disappointment. Thanks ILM.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #1089
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

So why wasn't Tony Stark arrested at the end of the movie? It's absolutely unbelievable that no one died because of Ultron. At minimum, we directly saw Ultron killing Quicksilver. But hundreds and possibly thousands died despite all the evacuation. And Tony is fully responsible through negligence for Ultron's actions by creating Ultron. So he should have been arrested and jailed for crimes against humanity. Same goes for Banner, but he's in hiding.

Probably the weakest plot hole is that Ultron only existed in the physical bodies of Ultron and the Ultron bots. Ultron used the net to escape from the Avengers tower. So there's no copy of Ultron on the net? JARVIS did it, so why couldn't Ultron.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:08 PM   #1090
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I was remiss on my Phase 2 viewing. Just watched the last four movies back to back the past four days...

Anyway, I voiced my displeasure with Ultron's mouth when the trailer debuted, and not to belabor the point as it's been made ad nauseam, but yeah, huge disappointment. Thanks ILM.
Ultron's mouth and overall human elements were distracting, especially on an IMAX screen. I would've preferred a cold robotic exterior. I mean, Sweet Christmas, they gave him individual teeth and the brows to emote!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote