Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-02-2015, 02:50 AM   #1001
Atheris
The Maxx

Saw it tonight, overall thought it was pretty good. Didn't really like how Ultron turned evil in like 2 seconds. There was hardly any transition, just....this is Ultron, now he's evil. That Ron burgundy meme popped into my head when I saw that. You know..."Well that escalated quickly"

Don't think there were enough Hulk scenes, then again I may be a little biased lol. But after black widow pushes Banner into the hole and he jumps back up as Hulk and says "Go be a hero", we almost never see him again after that. I was like WTF, they're showing everyone else fighting for like 15 minutes and Hulk is nowhere to be found during any of it. Then he randomly shows up at the end of the fight as its dying down and he's gone again. That really ticked me off. You have the most powerful character of the entire bunch that could single handedly take out Ultron and he's MIA for most of it. Actually Hulk and Ultron never even make contact....I was like realllly? At least get a Hulk punch in there and send Ultron flying.

Hulkbuster fight scene was sick, and funny. I was dying when Tony knocked Hulks tooth out and Hulk looks back at him really pissed off...and Tonys like "I'm sorry" and runs away

So what's up with the end scene with Hulk? Anyone think this means planet Hulk is happening? Apparently Ruffalo has been dropping hints here an there.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:34 AM   #1002
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I personally did not think Ultron turned evil at all. His mission was world peace as Stark had mentioned and he logically came to the conclusion that man's extinction was the only way to achieve that peace.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:58 AM   #1003
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Saw it tonight, overall thought it was pretty good. Didn't really like how Ultron turned evil in like 2 seconds. There was hardly any transition, just....this is Ultron, now he's evil. That Ron burgundy meme popped into my head when I saw that. You know..."Well that escalated quickly"

Don't think there were enough Hulk scenes, then again I may be a little biased lol. But after black widow pushes Banner into the hole and he jumps back up as Hulk and says "Go be a hero", we almost never see him again after that. I was like WTF, they're showing everyone else fighting for like 15 minutes and Hulk is nowhere to be found during any of it. Then he randomly shows up at the end of the fight as its dying down and he's gone again. That really ticked me off. You have the most powerful character of the entire bunch that could single handedly take out Ultron and he's MIA for most of it. Actually Hulk and Ultron never even make contact....I was like realllly? At least get a Hulk punch in there and send Ultron flying.

Hulkbuster fight scene was sick, and funny. I was dying when Tony knocked Hulks tooth out and Hulk looks back at him really pissed off...and Tonys like "I'm sorry" and runs away

So what's up with the end scene with Hulk? Anyone think this means planet Hulk is happening? Apparently Ruffalo has been dropping hints here an there.

Chris
I do agree there was not enough Hulk especially at the end fight. Even my wife made a comment. He did get a shot at Ultron near the very end that sent him flying across the floating city.

Doubt about Planet Hulk even though I would love it mostly due to comments about how much it would cost.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #1004
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
Oh and why was the Hulk Buster called Veronica?.. Just a random name or did it have a reason? I dont recall anybody in Hulks life with that name.

When asked why that was the case, [the film's writer and director, Joss] Whedon explained that it tied back to Bruce Banner's own personal backstory. More particularly, to Betty Ross, Hulk's love interest in his solo movies and the comics.

"You know, I just decided to call it Veronica because he used to be in love with a girl named Betty and Veronica is the opposite of that," Whedon said, obviously referencing Betty and Veronica, who compete for Archie Andrews' attentions in Archie.

Be Cool
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:47 AM   #1005
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Heading to the movie theather as we speak. Wish me luck.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #1006
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Enjoy!!!!
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #1007
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I do agree there was not enough Hulk especially at the end fight. Even my wife made a comment. He did get a shot at Ultron near the very end that sent him flying across the floating city.

Doubt about Planet Hulk even though I would love it mostly due to comments about how much it would cost.
It is sounding like any kind of solo Hulk movie is unlikely right now as Universal still holds some portion of the distribution or production license.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #1008
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Went to see AOU last night. It was the late show and I was in a semi coma part of the way through. Not from the show, I was just trashed by a hard week. Anyway, I haven't read any spoilers or reviews, or any posts in this thread yet, so here's my exhausted first viewing thoughts.

This movie was so cram packed that I missed a lot of references, Easter eggs, etc. this is a multiple viewing film for sure.

The Hulkbuster knocked the Hulk out and actually took him out of play. Sorry folks, but the Hulkbuster takes the Hulk down 0 times in 100. This really bugged me.

A lot of one liners, and some funny ones at that. I didn't feel like the humor took away from the rest of the movie though.

The "Twins" accents were however very distracting and whenever they spoke it pulled me out of the moment. I don't really care for either of those casting decisions.

I think Pietro will be back. Super metabolism, etc.

We got a glimpse of the direction of Thor Ragnarok?

Stark was the true egotistical, arrogant jerk this time. He wasn't very like able in this film, and I have the feeling they'll be building on his creep factor for the upcoming Civil War.

The Vision was AWESOME!!! I loved seeing him on screen! I've always loved the Vision and I hope we see A LOT more of him in the upcoming films. The fact that the mind gem was hidden in the scepter and that it was in Thanos' possession and he gave it to Loki doesn't make much sense to me. Why would he give it away when he had it and is trying to gather the rest of the? Quick answer...he wouldn't. But, it's okay that it doesn't make total sense. I've enjoyed both Avengers movies so far and I think the Visikn looks amazing and it was so cool to see the gem burning on his forehead!! I also think this gives him a tie to the Guardian of the Galaxy movies, which is exciting! I'm still so sad that James Gunn wanted to have Gladiator and the Imperial Guard in GOTG 2 but can't, so the potential of having the Vision cross-over into those films would be awesome!!!

I wish they'd toughen Thor up a little bit. I just feel like they de-powered him a little too much in the strength department.

Cap is the best. I laughed at the helmet less last battle. They didn't even start him in his helmet for that last battle, but we all know about the face time thing and it'll never change. I really hope they don't try too hard to modernize Steve Rogers. His pure nature is a large part of what makes him so unique and also what makes him who he is. If he becomes a jaded, a moral cretin, he'll just become another face in a crowd of this "modern" world. I noticed that this time his old fashioned values were the butt of several jokes and this is the complete opposite direction they've been taking. He's been respected for them, but it appears that now his teammates want him to be like them. I hope that doesn't happen.

Hawkeye's married to Velma! I wonder if he's ever helped out on any of her mysteries?

It's a fun movie, and I'll definitely be seeing it a few more times...there's just no way to take it all in.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:53 PM   #1009
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post

Wouldn't a Planet Hulk movie be pretty much entirely CGI? It's an alien world full of completely alien creatures and the Hulk?

It would essentially be a remake of the existing movie, but with a different art style.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #1010
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Started reading this thread from page 1, and I couldn't wait to comment on this feed. To compare AOU to Empire is mind-numbing. Dark Knight is a better example where the good guys are on their heels and everything is bleak. AOU didn't feel like a huge leap in tone to me. It's a fun summer movie like Assembled, except it lacks the wide-eyed wonderment of seeing these heroes unite for the first time.

I couldn't buy the Natasha/Banner romance. Black Widow is a character written to meet each movie's needs it seems. And pairing her and Banner was an easy way to give them something to do, I suppose. It was an interesting dynamic, but it also felt forced. My favorite depiction of Natasha is still Winter Soldier - by a wide margin.

I enjoyed the action, but it did get boring watching Ultron bot after bot get destroyed. Seriously, normal punches and kicks were dismantling them like pinatas. I understand it's part of the formula for movies such as these, but it gets tiring to watch. Best action sequence was EASILY Hulk vs Hulkbuster.

Overall, I'd probably go 8/10.

Not sure why they had to kill off Quicksilver. Oh, right. Because they were telegraphing Hawkeye's death. So it's a swerve. And it adds some gravitas. That's always good, right?

Nevermind, let me go 7.5/10.
After watching it, I share a lot of your thoughts.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote