Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #1991
Valderen
The Spirit

I like him, but will be passing.

I'm more disappointed in having to pass on Xiall since my goal was always to collect the ladies, but she is also out of my price my price range. I do have $134 in rewards so I am considering using them on her, but waiting for her to be released and seeing reviews first. If she turns out to be amazing, I think I might pull the trigger.

Death, I'll just enjoy in pictures
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #1992
grphyx1
Kingpin

I felt the same way but her stank forced me to preorder her and flex the hell out of those payments. Took a bit of the sting out. And I had gotten one of those 10% pop ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
I like him, but will be passing.

I'm more disappointed in having to pass on Xiall since my goal was always to collect the ladies, but she is also out of my price my price range. I do have $134 in rewards so I am considering using them on her, but waiting for her to be released and seeing reviews first. If she turns out to be amazing, I think I might pull the trigger.

Death, I'll just enjoy in pictures
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #1993
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I felt the same way but her stank forced me to preorder her and flex the hell out of those payments. Took a bit of the sting out. And I had gotten one of those 10% pop ups.
I am waiting to see in hand Xiall photos before making any decisions. TBH, even if the paint app matched 100%, I will probably still pass unless they do some kind of deep discount on her.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:46 PM   #1994
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I wanted to see what they all looked like together...impressive.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:16 PM   #1995
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I've only gotten 10% codes. Right now they are offering double rewards and free shipping on Death. Shipping would probably be about $50 normally. If you have a 10% off, that brings him down to 636.35 shipped. You also end up with an extra $32 in rewards. That makes this statue just over $600 shipped.
I am trying to decide which way would be cheaper.
Pre-ordering now with the free shipping and $70 in points or wait til I get my 10% coupon from Cleopsis. So, what they are technically doing is just giving everyone the 10% off upfront, without the coupon. Probably because these are spanned so far apart that all the coupons expire before the next piece is put up for pre-order.

hmm.....
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:49 PM   #1996
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

If you plan on using the reward points in the future, it is cheaper now. My shipping has been in the mid to upper $40's recently. This is a larger statue and shipping prices are going up. If we assume shipping will be $45, then you will pay $675 with the 10% coupon and get $35 in RP. If you buy now, you will pay $700 and get $70 in RP.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:06 PM   #1997
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am trying to decide which way would be cheaper.
Pre-ordering now with the free shipping and $70 in points or wait til I get my 10% coupon from Cleopsis. So, what they are technically doing is just giving everyone the 10% off upfront, without the coupon. Probably because these are spanned so far apart that all the coupons expire before the next piece is put up for pre-order.

hmm.....
I would just order the CoTD book which is $35 + free shipping and u get a 10% coupon and use it on Death and save $70 which covers cost of the book and you still get $35 off
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #1998
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
I would just order the CoTD book which is $35 + free shipping and u get a 10% coupon and use it on Death and save $70 which covers cost of the book and you still get $35 off
I have the book....I wonder what I did with the card?
I will have to look around for it.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:23 PM   #1999
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagor View Post
i love this line

Just beautiful set up man !!

May I ask the dimensions of your display case ?
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:19 AM   #2000
GavilanOrd
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Wow - some crazy news from Sideshow on this line:

"The Court of the Dead 3D design team has produced a host of new masterpieces. Starting with our Premium Format™ Figures, 2017 will debut several distinctive designs of the core faction leaders; some replacing past figures that have passed on into closed edition status."

"We have focused on getting our initial group of characters released over the last couple years and now we will have the chance to dive in to some new characters and revisit a couple of fan favorites . . ."

"We’re looking at the return of some fan favorite characters in 2017 that we’re really excited to show off. We’ve got some new twists on a few of Court of the Dead’s notable ladies . . ."

So, it's looking they are going to pull a Marvel/DC on us. No official "re-issues" but new poses of the same characters. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I suppose choice is good but for those of us invested in the current line, we are going to have to look at these new "designs" and decide if we want to add them to the collection, sell ones we have and purchase the new ones, or pass altogether. It's either really cool or a money grab, not sure. Maybe both? Hell, I don't know . . .
GavilanOrd is offline   Reply With Quote