Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #891
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

By the time they all come out, I will probably not be interested in statues anymore. Delays that never end. Show you prototypes of statues that you will not see untill 3-5 years later. Whats the point. Every company does this. Sideshow,ARH, Popculture etc...
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #892
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
This is what I want. I want statues to actually hit the market 5 or less months after they are shown. Is this too much to ask? Really.. Because I really don't know. I get so excited for a statue and then a year and a half later and it's still not out... I'm not so interested anymore. I've moved on.
You probably didn't like the statue enough in the first place if you don't want to wait and "moved on." I don't think any statue company out there gets pieces released in 5 months or less. I posted somewhere about timelines for announcements and pre-orders. After that a year or so is a good amount of time. Anymore is a bit concerning like with Whisper. But with Sideshow, unless it's Marvel, I don't worry about their releases. The Queen is their personal standout piece. She'll be fine. Sideshow won't let her ship with crazy issues.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #893
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
I could really get into buying some of these pieces but I fear. I fear that year after year will go by and not enough of them will be out yet. Heck.. The queen hasn't even landed. Obviously these are one fourth and much more detailed but I miss the way bowen would just put out statues like mad crazy. You could grow a collection fast if you wanted to.

This is what I want. I want statues to actually hit the market 5 or less months after they are shown. Is this too much to ask? Really.. Because I really don't know. I get so excited for a statue and then a year and a half later and it's still not out... I'm not so interested anymore. I've moved on.
Bowen never released his statues on time. You had to add months to the posted release dates. I don't think Sideshow has reached 1.5 years on these pieces yet. I ordered Queenie on October 30, 2013. So we haven't even reached the year mark.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:58 PM   #894
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
You probably didn't like the statue enough in the first place if you don't want to wait and "moved on." I don't think any statue company out there gets pieces released in 5 months or less. I posted somewhere about timelines for announcements and pre-orders. After that a year or so is a good amount of time. Anymore is a bit concerning like with Whisper. But with Sideshow, unless it's Marvel, I don't worry about their releases. The Queen is their personal standout piece. She'll be fine. Sideshow won't let her ship with crazy issues.
I think Tweeterhead does. I ordered their Catwoman Maquette on May 23 and it is expected to release this month. If delayed, it might hit the 5+ months mark.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #895
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
He is partially right, I find that the excitement comes back around shipping times or once you open it up,but sometimes you receive a piece and it just sits there for a 1 day or two.Case in point the MK Klassic ninja trio from PCS,I just don't feel like collecting Mk anymore and will probably get rid of them soon.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #896
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
I don't worry about their releases either. Ive actually been collecting for about 8 years now. I'm just saying that there is too long of a wait for production for me. As for bowen, yeah I know they would be a few months late. I guess what I was trying to get at was that there would sometimes be 3-4 marvel pieces a month to get. I guess that isn't possible with 1/4 scale.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #897
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
By the time they all come out, I will probably not be interested in statues anymore. Delays that never end. Show you prototypes of statues that you will not see untill 3-5 years later. Whats the point. Every company does this. Sideshow,ARH, Popculture etc...
Ok, now I know you are officially a troll. Seriously?! Whatever.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #898
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Ok, now I know you are officially a troll. Seriously?! Whatever.
Yeah what the hell…. There are some companies that have taken little longer to release but seriously if your really interested in a certain piece than you will love it long enough to wait until it ready!!!

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #899
MarkNew
Sculptor
Sculptor

Some of you want these Art Pieces Now, but can't stand to wait for the time it takes to make them with the quality that you expect. Sh*t happens! It's worth the wait! Get over it!

(This has been my independent point of view and I'm not speaking on behalf of SS).
MarkNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:17 PM   #900
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Respect, Mark. You've got mad skills, my good sir!
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote