Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-25-2021, 02:23 AM   #571
dao2
Cyclops

The one on fb was leaning backwards, but whatever direction it is any leaning is unacceptable :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:57 AM   #572
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
I heard it was leaning forward (not backwards). At 2k any leaning issues (whether forwards or backwards) is not acceptable, not at that price range.
Really, at any price range it's not good.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:57 AM   #573
Python
Omega Red

Well that doesn't bode well, hopefully it's just a faulty join on that one, but what are the chances of one of the very first ones in hand being the only one affected? The action pose has it's weight spread out a bit more at least.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:33 AM   #574
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Well that doesn't bode well, hopefully it's just a faulty join on that one, but what are the chances of one of the very first ones in hand being the only one affected? The action pose has it's weight spread out a bit more at least.
The action pose has a forward stance, but the legs are more apart, there probably would be two metal pegs (one in each leg) so it'll probably be much sturdier and balanced with better weight distribution.

I've looked at a few side pics of this statue and given the straight pose, I can't see how it can lean forward as there is more weight distribution on the rear (head, back spikes, tubes, spine, tail). The front only has the head and arms. If it were to lean, it'd lean backwards as there is a much greater weight distribution on the rear side. Something tells me the hole on the base might be too big (or possibly damaged or warped near the front side) causing the piece to lean forward as the peg is loose in the hole. Pegs sitting flush is one thing but equally important, it needs to sit tight within the hole. I could be wrong, if it's the alien statue leaning itself, that would be a entirely different problem.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:14 AM   #575
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
The action pose has a forward stance, but the legs are more apart, there probably would be two metal pegs (one in each leg) so it'll probably be much sturdier and balanced with better weight distribution.

I've looked at a few side pics of this statue and given the straight pose, I can't see how it can lean forward as there is more weight distribution on the rear (head, back spikes, tubes, spine, tail). The front only has the head and arms. If it were to lean, it'd lean backwards as there is a much greater weight distribution on the rear side. Something tells me the hole on the base might be too big (or possibly damaged or warped near the front side) causing the piece to lean forward as the peg is loose in the hole. Pegs sitting flush is one thing but equally important, it needs to sit tight within the hole. I could be wrong, if it's the alien statue leaning itself, that would be a entirely different problem.
It could be because he didn't push the statue down all the way in it's keyhole? Sometimes there's accidental extra paint spray in them making them more narrow then they should be to have a proper secured tight fit. I had that problem with a SS Alien statue. I took a small file and sanded inside the hole and the peg slid right in further down and fixed the leaning issue. You shouldn't have to do that, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:47 AM   #576
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yikes, is this the same person that just posted on the FB group about it leaning backwards? Pics look similar...
Quote:

Yes, it is the same guy.

His problem is/was:
First day statue stood straight, next day statue is already leaning backwards. To counteract this, he lifted complete statue with base forward, by placing 1/2-inch filling under the base (backside only). So weight of head now pull forward and counteract the unwanted leaning. He could see some result, bcs statue is now slightly leaning forward again.

He suspects the metal rod in bigchaps leg(s) are not thick enough to support height/weight ratio.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 12:13 PM   #577
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Yes, it is the same guy.

His problem is/was:
First day statue stood straight, next day statue is already leaning backwards. To counteract this, he lifted complete statue with base forward, by placing 1/2-inch filling under the base (backside only). So weight of head now pull forward and counteract the unwanted leaning. He could see some result, bcs statue is now slightly leaning forward again.

He suspects the metal rod in bigchaps leg(s) are not thick enough to support height/weight ratio.
I really hate that. Producers use a too small pin simply because they ASSUME due the the pose being relatively vertical the statue won't need anything substantial in the form of support from the key/pin.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:12 PM   #578
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Yes, it is the same guy.

His problem is/was:

Thanks Halcyon for the update. That sounds concerning. Hopefully it's a one off as the prototype had no problems with stability. Their 1/2 scale DC statues is supported by one single rod in the foot and have had no problems, so it's dissappointing to hear Prime 1 may have cut corners here. Metal rods shouldn't bend easily even with a lot of weight put on them, and especially ones like this where the pose is upright. I wonder exactly how thick the rod is on this one, for it to give into the weight.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:27 PM   #579
Blade3327
Nightwing

I'm honestly surprised they only used one rod. It's a 1/3 Alien (about the size of a 1/2 human), if that's not an occasion to reinforce both legs, what is?

Will be watching the DX release very closely. If there are widespread leaning problems with that one, I have no qualms with cancelling the order.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:27 PM   #580
pau123
Sailor Moon

Lean usually takes time too, not in few hours. This is bonkers. Did P1 have a response to this?
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote