Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-24-2021, 06:03 PM   #101
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It was also nice to have a mutant on the roster. Beast was there for a hit minute, but Wanda was a nice link. Once she was retconned it made mutants like extra second-class citizens to Avengers.

I think given the movies, Disney could very well change her back in the movies. She and Quicksilver were explained to be created - but perhaps they were born a mutants and were told they were excitements?

A girl can dream.

Wonder if they drop this statue before Storm? I hope not, but I’m excited to see it.
Doubt it. Wanda didn't even have a silhouette.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:53 PM   #102
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have read comics since the 90’s and agree the xmen and Spider-Man kept marvel alive. But what could expect with those ridiculous contracts that were made with fox and Sony? Disney was paying incredible artist and writers to continue to create awesome stories.... that another company would use to farm stories for films. Marvel started phasing xmen out and pushing them into the background and fans were pissed, so Marvel came up with a compromise while Disney worked to purchase those rights back.

As for spiderman, he was too much of a “cash-cow” in every other industry for them to ignore.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:01 AM   #103
Demona
Martian Manhunter

None of the XMen movies - then and now - were based on stories written after Disney bought them. Fans shouldn’t be punished because of the film house battles.

That being said - Fox didn’t make good movies. Plain and simple. Disney had no hand in jacking those up. Just like WB can’t put together a good movie outside of the Batman franchise is not DC’s fault.

Presently, XMen has the best writing it has in years! I just hope Disney does their movies justice since a lot of people can relate to being outcast and judged by things they can’t control while just trying to be themselves. And you know Disney is going to the old classic stories to bring in XMen and I am here for it. I just really hope we get colorful suits where they apply and Storm is in any one of her black outfits - no Lee suit.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:12 AM   #104
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm reading rumors Storm will be making her MCU debut in Thor Love & Thunder. I hope it's true.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:44 AM   #105
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm reading rumors Storm will be making her MCU debut in Thor Love & Thunder. I hope it's true.
James Bond has just been pushed back to October 2021
Black Widow ..who knows if and when that will be released?
Where does that leave the Thor Love & Thunder date?

They are talking now about the UK being in total lockdown until June!!!

From what i have read, the US is in an even bigger state than the UK

China has a lot to answer for. Without them we wouldn't get out statues made.

It is time they released all delayed movies on Blu-ray, and show them at the cinema later, for those that like big screens.
For the moment, i donot see cinema's opening until the end of 2021 or early 2022
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:36 AM   #106
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I seen that as well!
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:37 AM   #107
KaraFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
James Bond has just been pushed back to October 2021
Black Widow ..who knows if and when that will be released?
Where does that leave the Thor Love & Thunder date?

They are talking now about the UK being in total lockdown until June!!!
Wow, I am sorry to hear that Shaun.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:45 AM   #108
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I've read those rumors as well, but it's more of a quick cameo than anything we can hang out hats on. Who knows if they will even show her face? It does give me hope that we won't be doing any kiddie X-Men crap this time around. Young adults, perhaps late 20s to early 30s who can carry a franchise for a decade and evolve mutantdom.

I would MUCH rather her show up in Thor and Black Panther. I hated that marriage and I feared Disney may change her origin to more suit the Black Panther movies.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #109
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Wow, I am sorry to hear that Shaun.
It might not happen. Until the end of Match is absolute. News reports are reporting a high possibility of end of June. Another possibility of it not simply a case of everything opens during the start of July. I won't bore anyone further. 2021 seems as screwed as 2020

It is about time they realized Covid-19 isn't going anywhere anytime soon. In my mind, they maybe as well return to business as usual. At the end of the day, if you catch it, your either going to survive or die. The majority who die have other health issues. Taking that onboard, why should everyone have to suffer?

If you listen to all the tinfoil-hat types, there is some master plan going on behind the scenes to reset Earth and drain everyone, the majority atleast, of their wealth, and make everyone state reliant.

I have an idea. Demand the Chinese Government handover as much money as is required to cover the Covid-19 bill world wide
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:20 AM   #110
Demona
Martian Manhunter

We break China, we are all f**ked. Other countries spent too much time and money funding their growth - it's not their fault or responsibility to tell us our greed would come back to bite us in the collective a$$. We wanted cheaper products, they were willing and able to manufacture those items for us. And so be it. We can't help where a pandemic starts - only how we handle ourselves during it. And it's such a slippery slope to in one hand want commerce back, but on the other it seems callous to some to risk infection for the all mighty dollar (or applicable currency). Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I do think it would be VERY interesting if COVID-19 ends up being tied back to a Wuhan lab that had an accidental release because that is different than a virus evolving through transmission from dietary choices. You damn well know if the CDC released something that caused a pandemic the world would be screaming for USA's head and money on a platter.

But that is a discussion for the politics section that I choose not to have access to. Sorry for the continued derail. I hope Sideshow soon brings us the witch who could just utter the words "No More COVID-19 virus" and this would all be over.