Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-31-2021, 12:55 PM   #471
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think the benefit of an EX is another option to maybe fix a portrait that is just ok or change out something you don't like. I like switch outs just not so much if it is almost the same.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:13 PM   #472
MasterkillerWSW
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

There is a new video on Facebook, for those who are interested.
MasterkillerWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:14 PM   #473
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The vaccines make no sense. Have a vaccine and you still have to wear a mask, and you still have to keep to 2 meter distancing. It seems if you have had a vaccine, you can still catch catch Covid and pass it on?

All the current vaccine(s) do is lessen the effects should you catch Covid. With each new strain of Covid, new vaccines are required.
One area that worries me is, having multiple vaccines can't be good.

For the moment i am sticking to vitamin D3 everyday, and will let my own body defenses tackle Covid should i catch it
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:43 PM   #474
Demona
Martian Manhunter

That video helped me know exactly why I don’t love this statue (repeat costume not withstanding), I think she is too skinny. Like really skinny. The looser fitting pink on her sleeves accentuates that to me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:43 AM   #475
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
And speaking about statues, here is still my favorite Scarlet Witch

There is nothing I dislike: the portrait, the suit, the mineral base, the pose - ok, not very demonstrative, but at least she doesn’t look like a tango dancer juggling with huge whipped cream castanets.
If she was at 1/4 scale, I would have been in trouble.
I have this statue. The base wobbles and it's cheap plastic, but she's so beautiful. Would be a grail in 1/4.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:49 AM   #476
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
That video helped me know exactly why I don’t love this statue (repeat costume not withstanding), I think she is too skinny. Like really skinny. The looser fitting pink on her sleeves accentuates that to me.
Yeah, she's basically wearing a pink body stocking. It should be very tight and form fitting. Yet, it's rather loose and has folds. IMO, it does looks off. I personally think that she still looks great. However, it's unnatural to see folds in a tight fitting body stocking.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:14 AM   #477
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

There is nothing I dislike: the portrait, the suit, the mineral base, the pose - ok, not very demonstrative, but at least she doesn’t look like a tango dancer juggling with huge whipped cream castanets.
If she was at 1/4 scale, I would have been in trouble.
Oh I certainly wouldn't have been able to resist. I agree with you, my dear Frenchie, that this is the best Scarlet Witch. Her beautiful face with the few whisps of hair over the tiara. This Scarlet Witch sculpt is practically prefect in every way.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:35 AM   #478
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I do really like the statue, i'm kinda up in the air about buying or not buying because she's not really an x-men but she is magneto's daughter and she is important to x-men story line with house of x.

+Portrait
+Sculpt

-Unsure if this is photos or the suede fabric cape doesn't match as well as some of the pleather ones?

- Height, she will be difficult to fit in most display cases, unsure how it will look if you just don't put the Ultron piece at the top of her hands.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:43 AM   #479
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I do really like the statue, i'm kinda up in the air about buying or not buying because she's not really an x-men but she is magneto's daughter and she is important to x-men story line with house of x.

+Portrait
+Sculpt

-Unsure if this is photos or the suede fabric cape doesn't match as well as some of the pleather ones?

- Height, she will be difficult to fit in most display cases, unsure how it will look if you just don't put the Ultron piece at the top of her hands.
I have a feeling the effect with Ultron is part of her hands. They would be well served to offer swap out hands with no magic, or a minimal effect.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:06 AM   #480
BurningRage
Inhumans

3000 es
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote