Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-07-2021, 04:31 PM   #11
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I have one request - aquaman. They've redone nearly every other PF and I need a quarter scale
CO-SIGN

I wish the Jason Momoa was a comic Aquaman, it would’ve been perfect and I would’ve bought it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:40 PM   #12
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

I'm really interested in Sideshow's offering overall. As I feel the competition has never been stronger in the statue hobby. Is Sideshow going to "bring it" to compete for customers or looking to sit back and focus on their distro.

I really can not tell from their slow trickle lately. And we can't blame Covid as so many other Companies are keeping the announcements coming
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:44 PM   #13
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I'm really interested in Sideshow's offering overall. As I feel the competition has never been stronger in the statue hobby. Is Sideshow going to "bring it" to compete for customers or looking to sit back and focus on their distro.

I really can not tell from their slow trickle lately. And we can't blame Covid as so many other Companies are keeping the announcements coming
Based on their track record over the last year, I'd say the latter.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:46 PM   #14
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
And we can't blame Covid as so many other Companies are keeping the announcements coming
maybe yes maybe no, SS seem to have stuff already in production at time of preorder leading to shorter delivery times so it makes sense its taking them longer to build their inventory of in production items back up. other companies with longer wait times have kept things moving with preorders but their delivery times are no where near a year or less. hell my bane maquette was just shipped and that wasnt even shown until last years "sdcc event"
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #15
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

How many companies went out of business in the last year and a half? Which company is going crazy with new releases not named Funko? I’m hopeful we’ll have a better ‘con’ but their events are so lame I’m not expecting much.

I was going to use points on a swag kit, but it doesn’t let you, then I remembered the shirts I got from last years two events were kind of ---- quality and backed away slowly.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #16
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Ok as I say every year, I wanna see a couple new COTD pieces, and I'm interested in the other sideshow originals line with the dragonslayer etc... wonder if this line will continue? And will focus on female characters? If so i hope they do a Native American and a old west lady, maybe a Egyptian Goddess, lot of possibilities if it continues, hope their is another grail piece like Dejah Thoris, anyways I'm just gonna think positive, hopefully after last year being a difficult year, this one will be better, I'm ready to blow some money sideshow!
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #17
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
CO-SIGN

I wish the Jason Momoa was a comic Aquaman, it would’ve been perfect and I would’ve bought it.
My comic only rule was threatened by that piece. Surely they have to do another one at some point
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:20 PM   #18
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

The public is primed and ready for a comic Loki statue.

Will Sideshow deliver?
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:45 PM   #19
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Doom and Clint Eastwood PF's haven't been shown, but don't know how many folks in total really care for a PF's of him, if a ton very cool and hope it rocks for you. Doom i'm thinking is gonna be a monster hit.

Loki I think is pretty high chance this year, mostly cause the TV show. Scarlet Witch PF came out toward the end of the show's run. So Loki is about there, so would be nice for those waiting.

COTD not many of the pieces get high ES's but maybe since its there own license, then a few hundred per statue should keep things going for the fans.

Comic Aqua man to match with the new line would be cool. If not there leaving money on the table. Queens studios may take sales if they do many comic accurate to go with WW and there upcoming comic Batman.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #20
Destroyous
Justice League

Daniel Bel appears to be everybody’s favorite and Doom plus the “maquette” title and how the last super fast sell out with the throne Thanos went. This Doom has me kind of scared that it’ll be so sick that I’ll miss out on one from being at work.
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote