Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-22-2021, 10:00 AM   #181
Mister H
Youngblood

Fantastic statue. I’ll be happy to admire him in other fella’s collections though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 10:11 AM   #182
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I do agree with you Demona, I do like a little bit more of a simpler base. I guess looking at the three statues that so far I have a come out under the 2.0 heading (and I am only thinking DC characters here), poison ivy and the joker definitely have a very detailed over the top base where the superman statue did not so I do think a lot of it is going to be based on the character.

However when it gets to the point where the base overpowers the character then that’s where I would hope that that would end up getting changed. I hope it doesn’t get to the point where the character is enhancing the base as opposed to the base should be enhancing the character
Tweeterhead will never have a base that overpowers the character. That I can say with certainty.

Joker is in the deluxe line. Not all characters will get that treatment.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 10:40 AM   #183
Bottled_Water
Birdman

I actually prefer larger bases, especially with a smaller scale. Now obviously too big a base can distract from the figure itself but I think Tweeterhead has a good balance here. Although the base is big its colour pallet is fairly muted, whereas joker himself is bright and vivid. It's a good contrast that makes him pop out.

Last edited by Bottled_Water; 05-22-2021 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Typo
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 10:47 AM   #184
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I didn’t realize some of the characters were getting a deluxe treatment or if it was mentioned I don’t remember

And there definitely would be some characters that will definitely sell no matter what the cost is and the joker is one of them so I say pimp out the statue as much as you can because they’re definitely will be the people who will wish to buy it

I am not going to be purchasing but seeing this statue I definitely am very anxious to see what else will be coming out through the rest of the year and what previews we will be shown
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 10:49 AM   #185
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
I actually prefer larger bases, especially with a smaller scale. Now obviously too big a base can distract from the figure itself but I think Tweeterhead has a good balance here. Although the base is big its colour pallet is fairly muted, whereas joker himself is bright and vivid. It's a good contrast that makes him pop out.
Totally agree. I also like that all the base details actually relate to Joker. It's not just a crap ton of rubble/garbage thrown on the base. I am also happy they added wood to the bottom so the Bud and Lou maquette I picked up will still go with him (totally selfish reasoning there ).
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:09 PM   #186
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Tweeterhead will never have a base that overpowers the character. That I can say with certainty.

Joker is in the deluxe line. Not all characters will get that treatment.
Harley also seems to fall into the detailed base trap. And again she is tall. Scarecrow doesn’t look like a slouch of a base either. And all of that is great if the Batman crew is like that. I just don’t need all of the JL ladies to have big crazy bases. Wonder Woman seems to have detail going on there, which is fine. I just don’t think (hopefully) future ladies like Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Huntress would have crazy bases.

This of course is no slight on this Joker. It’s a fantastic statue. And obviously I will probably be getting Harley
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 02:14 PM   #187
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I don’t mind a substantial base but for me I don’t need a base to be any larger than what Green Lantern or Catwoman was. I do think those bases were a very good size base for the size of the actual statue it was sitting on top and if there was a character that I truly wanted that did have a detail base like this current joker one does I would still purchase it but I guess why I prefer a little bit of a smaller base is just due to height restrictions of where I like to display my statues (16 inches).

I guess I think back to whatever Bowen did a spider woman statue and a daredevil statue and they were on top of the gargoyle. The statues were great but it seemed like you were getting more gargoyle then you were getting character. Something like that I hope not to see happen.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:29 PM   #188
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

My initial thoughts about the new Joker when he was just teased after new Superman was shown - may they keep it simple similar to 1st Joker. Like the character in the center with some easter eggs to pay homage to his rich legacy.

Then they teased a silhouette of the coming statue and I was like “it is so big and overloaded with elements”. Was not impressed.

The reveal version gave a very different perspective.
Thing is - many Joker statues previously released by multiple companies utilized the same vision of the character: him standing holding a gun or something while at his feet were laying items he is usually associated with (gas, clockwork teeth, bomb/dynamite, Batman’s cape/cowl etc). It somewhat built expectations what Joker statue should look like.

Meanwhile TH new Joker is different in the way that in the focus is not the character himself but rather his essence as of the clown prince of crime. He is a sinister evil genius with a logic and way of thinking completely different from an ordinary person.
Seemingly not connected and chaotic his actions shape into well thought through and planned schemes. And it takes DC greatest detective to see through them.

When I started to see the new Joker from perspective of his chaotic nature - it all came together. The base did not seem too big anymore. And all placed details were painting the rich history of DC (and probably of all comics for that matter) most unique villian.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:02 PM   #189
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Looks great! I'm definitely a fan of the minimalistic bases of Tweeterhead statues of old but this is very well done.

Plus, I think of this more as an environment as opposed to a pure base. It only enhances the attitude of the character and all the little references to past stories/events are fantastic additions for the enduring Joker fan.

In saying that, I'm doubting I'll trade in the SP Joker for this but it's going to be mighty tough resisting.

What I like most about seeing each new reveal is recognising that if Tweeterhead knock all of the upcoming cash-cow pieces out of the park like this, it sets them up well to hopefully carry on for many years delivering a roster of characters with equally impressive execution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I don’t mind a substantial base but for me I don’t need a base to be any larger than what Green Lantern or Catwoman was. I do think those bases were a very good size base for the size of the actual statue it was sitting on top and if there was a character that I truly wanted that did have a detail base like this current joker one does I would still purchase it but I guess why I prefer a little bit of a smaller base is just due to height restrictions of where I like to display my statues (16 inches)...
I'm of the same mindset - my preference for a smaller base is governed mostly by space/display options. I am curious to see the dimensions of this.

My rule of thumb limits are 2 feet in height and 1 foot deep. Not that most 1/6 figures need even close to that vertical space but it allows for larger characters and options for elevated poses here and there.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #190
xb24
Sinister Six

Sideshow preview

xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote