Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-21-2021, 01:03 AM   #531
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb518 View Post
I think what bugs me most is for those that ordered the Labyrinth Knockers direct through Chronicle had their money stolen, yet Sideshow received their stock and fulfilled their orders. Something just doesn't sit right with me on how that was handled.
When did those ship? I don't collect those so I didn't pay close attention. Wasn't CC already gone by then?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:33 AM   #532
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Are you always this defensive of companies that screwed you over?

You are not to blame Kefka. Please know and trust you did nothing wrong by pre ordering. People pre order all the time, in and out of pandemics. Don’t be so hard on yourself. You were the victim here please remember that

It’s funny really. Don’t think you’re getting under my skin. You’re not. It’s fun to read your back and forth with stingray, but it’s also fun to know that deep down this is actually who you are. With you I know I’m always getting an honest reaction. Stingray mistakenly thinks you’re a troll, but I know better. You genuinely believe everything you’re saying. You deflect when confronted because you can’t provide fact or evidence of your claims. You spew nonsense and accusation because it sounds good... it’s a fun story to believe -a conspiracy for an entire company, down to the last woman and man, plotting to deceive and rob people out of statue money.

The difference is, without proof, it’s just a theory. And a pretty thin one at that. So go ahead and continue slinging your crap. It’s interesting to know there are such feeble-minded people out there -and better yet- get a front row seat to how they think.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:10 AM   #533
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

soooo not one to flame the fire but.... shogun isnt wrong here Chronicle was robbing Peter to pay Paul essentially. Taking pre orders to fund old statues and pay for product they already had made.. they knew they were on borrowed time well before they finally ghosted people myself included. I have gotten info first hand not sure what or what not I am at liberty to say really, but after Clayton got hit with that medical insurance fraud things really went down hill.

I am also out money from them that I will never see and a statue I wont see as well
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:18 AM   #534
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
soooo not one to flame the fire but.... shogun isnt wrong here Chronicle was robbing Peter to pay Paul essentially. Taking pre orders to fund old statues and pay for product they already had made.. they knew they were on borrowed time well before they finally ghosted people myself included. I have gotten info first hand not sure what or what not I am at liberty to say really, but after Clayton got hit with that medical insurance fraud things really went down hill.

I am also out money from them that I will never see and a statue I wont see as well
I think you mean "fan the flames", but by all means enlighten us to your "first hand" account.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:23 AM   #535
KoBE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post

I think the medical fraud happened before he even started CC. You can find the dates online.
KoBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:07 AM   #536
edfrank
Doh!

It's so much worse than any of you think, everyone was warned prior to all of this happening.

It seems like the principals in this company are getting a pass after they kept millions in payments, sad really.

The investors and owners were Herbert Cleighton Brown, Glen Garrett, The Whitner Group should be constantly on the forefront of this problem.

Seems like when Paul Francis found out that money was missing in the fall of 18 and was illegally fired in the spring of 19, this company was headed for certain doom.
edfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:35 PM   #537
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfrank View Post
It's so much worse than any of you think, everyone was warned prior to all of this happening.

It seems like the principals in this company are getting a pass after they kept millions in payments, sad really.

The investors and owners were Herbert Cleighton Brown, Glen Garrett, The Whitner Group should be constantly on the forefront of this problem.

Seems like when Paul Francis found out that money was missing in the fall of 18 and was illegally fired in the spring of 19, this company was headed for certain doom.
You make it sound like you actually know something, then immediately preface everything you say with "seems like"
Old 06-30-2021, 12:08 AM   #538
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well, since CC is dead and gone, and I've been out of the game for awhile, who are the current companies making the usual movie buff stuff? Aliens/Predator/Terminator/JP/StarWars/etc. I see prime1 has become quite the force in the large scale. Any lowbie companies out there I've never heard of that might be doing interesting products in a smaller scale? Products in particular I'm interested in are T2 HK tank(I know, I've been a broken record over that one for 7 years. Yep I have the two model kits of the HKs)AT-AT, other star wars ships and vehicles in general, obv T2, Pred 1(I see prime's offering)and Aliens(I see I'm too late for prime's offering thus far for Alien stuff)Maybe an affordable TNG Enterprise that's not studio size.

BTW I never gave up on my BO rex dio. I finished my jeeps some time ago but after doing a hk kits and those, I just really needed an extended break after over a year's work. I still have my model trees have finished for the bo rex dio.....anyways I expect to finish that in the coming year and maybe that will bring joy and inspiration to people when I post pictures. idk! Did I ever post pictures and video in the other section of the forum of my hk tank kit complete with servos I installed...? I don't remember
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:56 AM   #539
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Every single figure company churns out regurgitated products of all those IPs. It shouldn't take much looking around to find an endless swarm of stuff from them
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:54 PM   #540
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You make it sound like you actually know something, then immediately preface everything you say with "seems like"
Thats pretty much what happened there, Clay was also buying millions in movie props on payment plans using CC money along with money he was stealing from insurance companies by double or triple billing. Towards the end CC was just putting up pre orders just to try and pay for older pre orders to get finished and shipped.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote