Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-21-2021, 01:59 AM   #571
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
For anyone who loves art prints, I just discovered this site. They have 8 pages of MOTU art prints. There's some really cool pieces here. I just ordered three different She-Ra giclees.

https://www.madduckposters.com/colle...f-the-universe
This company is kind of shady. It was announced mid of 2019 that their MotU license is ending and you should order now if you want a MotU art print. People were then waiting for months for the art prints and they are still selling them: https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3844456
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 12:51 PM   #572
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
This company is kind of shady. It was announced mid of 2019 that their MotU license is ending and you should order now if you want a MotU art print. People were then waiting for months for the art prints and they are still selling them: https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3844456
Just because they no longer own the license to produce new pieces doesn't mean they're required to destroy the existing prints that were produced while they owned the license.

Per their FAQ, in-stock items ship within a few business days. The items I ordered are in-stock, so I'm not too worried. And I paid with PayPal, so I'm protected for 6-months.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 03:10 PM   #573
notowellijt
Doh!

Quote:
Per their FAQ, in-stock items ship within a few business days. The items I ordered are in-stock, so I'm not too worried. And I paid with PayPal, so I'm protected for 6-months.
I've purchased 6 MOTU prints from them in the last 6 months and had no issues. I think it maybe took a week or two from when I ordered them to when I received them. They are shipped in a tube with protective paper between each poster if you've purchased more than one. They are a little pricey, but I'm happy with the quality. I laid them out for a couple weeks under weighted cardboard to flatten them out and then framed them.
notowellijt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:05 PM   #574
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Just because they no longer own the license to produce new pieces doesn't mean they're required to destroy the existing prints that were produced while they owned the license.

If you had read my link you would‘ve seen that they themselves said that the art prints wouldn‘t be available after the license ended.
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:52 PM   #575
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
If they do a new She-Ra (and I want them too) it needs to fit the look of this line. And the realistic Sideshow version goes for even more than the PCS version.
For the record, when I say "Filmation She-ra" I mean an outfit that more closely matches her Filmation look, not that she look like an actual cartoon. To me that concept art for Teela is kind of "Filmation-y" but just with a more realistic looking woman in that attire. That's what I'm talking about. ;-)

And please for the love of God make She-ra beautiful this time (again, like the Teela art.) The fact that anyone dared to utter the words "Amy Schumer" in reference to the previous statue was heartbreaking. She-ra should be the most beautiful statue in the line. Otherwise I'm fine with her looking "realistic" but her Filmation miniskirt is just so damn sexy.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:28 PM   #576
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
For the record, when I say "Filmation She-ra" I mean an outfit that more closely matches her Filmation look, not that she look like an actual cartoon. To me that concept art for Teela is kind of "Filmation-y" but just with a more realistic looking woman in that attire. That's what I'm talking about. ;-)

And please for the love of God make She-ra beautiful this time (again, like the Teela art.) The fact that anyone dared to utter the words "Amy Schumer" in reference to the previous statue was heartbreaking. She-ra should be the most beautiful statue in the line. Otherwise I'm fine with her looking "realistic" but her Filmation miniskirt is just so damn sexy.
Oh ok that makes sense. I'm all in on a new She-Ra as long as she matches the line.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:37 PM   #577
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'd get her even if she didn't match the line. She-Ra is like Storm. The more great statues the better!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:34 PM   #578
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Oh ok that makes sense. I'm all in on a new She-Ra as long as she matches the line.
Right on.

Hopefully when the next She-ra is revealed people say "Wow she's gorgeous and reminds me of the late Tanya Roberts in Sheena!" As opposed to comparing her to a homely stand up comedian, lol.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:47 PM   #579
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Right on.

Hopefully when the next She-ra is revealed people say "Wow she's gorgeous and reminds me of the late Tanya Roberts in Sheena!" As opposed to comparing her to a homely stand up comedian, lol.
With all of the gorgeous female faces Tweeterhead has been doing, I have no doubt a new She-Ra would be prettier (face wise) than the one Sideshow did.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #580
grphyx1
Kingpin

Get ready to crush your enemies with our upcoming Skeletor life-size bust! Decked out with a pose-able hood and removable fabric cape, this piece will make you the envy of all Eternia. So prep your best evil laugh and keep an eye out for more updates!

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote