Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-24-2020, 08:29 AM   #21
French Cancan
Deadman

If there is an other portrait, I'm in. Sorry, my dear wallet.
On this one, her winking eye looks like a shiner.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:04 AM   #22
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Tonight's best in show. Yes, the chair and base are huge but they aren't overdone or overwhelming. They compliment and support the main focus which is Harley herself. Now the wait on dimensions to see how tough (or not) this piece will be to display.
I disagree, I think you could easily say that with Emma's chair, sure. But this one is at least twice as big, proportionally. Then it being 1/3.... just a bad choice, IMO, for this character. I'll try not to harp on it though anymore
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:51 AM   #23
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I don't mind the chair base, but I don't love it either. I think it works for Emma better. The thing that bugs me is when they put the character insignia on the base. Sideshow did it on their newest Harley piece too, and that really distracts and prevents you from viewing the piece at your own preferred angle. If you rotate these pieces to fit your preferred angle, then the insignia is way off center and looks stupid. I wish companies would stop adding this to the base.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:37 AM   #24
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't mind the chair base, but I don't love it either. I think it works for Emma better. The thing that bugs me is when they put the character insignia on the base. Sideshow did it on their newest Harley piece too, and that really distracts and prevents you from viewing the piece at your own preferred angle. If you rotate these pieces to fit your preferred angle, then the insignia is way off center and looks stupid. I wish companies would stop adding this to the base.
Good point... I notice this issue with the DC Bombshells pieces due to the name plate.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #25
StefanCo
The Spirit

My interest is there, but getting it depends on:
  1. what other portraits will be added? I'm not convinced yet with this expression
  2. Bit worried about the size with that seat. My other 1/3th statues are standing, makes this one a bit the odd one out (esp. since in the new house they go side by side).
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:26 AM   #26
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
If there is an other portrait, I'm in. Sorry, my dear wallet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
My interest is there, but getting it depends on:

what other portraits will be added? I'm not convinced yet with this expression
You'll likely get a portrait like this...

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:47 AM   #27
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I disagree, I think you could easily say that with Emma's chair, sure. But this one is at least twice as big, proportionally. Then it being 1/3.... just a bad choice, IMO, for this character. I'll try not to harp on it though anymore
I agree that XM's Emma was much better done and yes, this is twice as big. Would I have preferred a smaller chair? Yes. Oh, yes. But on the other hand I can at least justify this in my head as okay... unlike the roller skating Harley and that oversized stone Joker head (yes, I'm STILL salty about that and will probably never get over that haha).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, I don't love or hate this chair. I see the pros and cons of it and through it all I'm still in the middle. I'm kinda in the same perspective on the base insignia. For me it's a marker on where P1 decided is the optimal viewing focal point for the piece, but I would still have the piece on a turntable and randomly face her wherever I feel best at the time.
AlexLothos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:57 AM   #28
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
You'll likely get a portrait like this...
And a very interesting switch-out arm as well.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:26 PM   #29
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I love this outfit. I'll have to wait and see what the switch-outs look like though.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #30
StefanCo
The Spirit

Taking some time again to watch the images, I have the feeling they could just drop the base, the seat itself is stable enough. Other (standing) statues need a base and don't seem to dominate the statue as much as this base does. I have the feeling the statue would look a lot lighter without that base.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote