Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-02-2021, 08:03 PM   #101
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
I've been waiting for this version of the big G to come in statue form and so happy I waited. Next year or the year after can't come soon enough. I'm making room for this Dio no matter what!
Grats on scoring the Diorama. With something that intense, you'll find a way to make room.

I have Godzilla from Prime 1 on order, King Ghidorah from Spiral Studio, and I'm interested in getting the Prime 1 Mechagodzilla. Selling several statues to soften the blow

King Ghidorah alone is almost as wide as that entire diorama. Still trying to think of a way to display them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
Epic diorama, I'm sure it will look fantastic in person but that price is madness hahaha.

I was only interested in a Godzilla as a standalone so if it ever makes it to SS I'll just dump a bunch of reward points on it to soften the blow.
I thought about waiting for Sideshow to get Godzilla, but I've only seen Sideshow do a max of 8 flex payments. I'll need more to afford this beast so I had to go with Prime 1.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:15 PM   #102
TheBishop
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Official response about the crazy price. Reminds me of Sideshow and the Deadpool PF, that didn't slow them down...

"J wishes to convey his apology for the price of the Godzilla Vs Kong diorama. He has tried sourcing a few factories to get a cheaper cost but the factory quotes were still high due to the many details of the buildings. The time required to paint the details ie each window has to be painted individually, the led lights effect has to be set up separately and the paint job for the buildings has increased the manpower cost to produce the middle section of the diorama. J said he did try but the cost to produce the middle section is as high as producing Godzilla or Kong. So J hope to clarify the matter and apologies for the pricing."
Wow yes the explanation makes sense lol they probably should have but that disclaimer on the website order page so as to help people to understand why the price is excessive as they know it would have shocked a lot of people....
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:19 PM   #103
TheBishop
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Cosmic View Post
I got the full diorama set, but I agree it feels over-priced (especially since the Godzilla bust can be had, along with the two separate halves, for less than the full dio. That aspect stings a bit). That being said...as a hardcore Godzilla collector, there simply is no cityscape confrontation/battle diorama available in any scale, outside of built and painted custom dioramas by Japanese garage kit builders which themselves can go upwards of $3k-sometimes with just Godzilla alone-at 25cm or 30cm scale. The Prime 1 Godzilla and Kong themselves are roughly X-Plus Gigantic scale, and with the accompanying city dio...it was just too "complete" in presentation to pass up, even if I felt the price was too much.

Hopefully the final/finished product stands up to the preliminary piece.

I think they might. There are tiny, specialty Godzilla online retailers here in the US that are starting to offer the full dio for preorder. I imagine if they're doing it, then sideshow will as well, at some point. I'm not really a statue collector though, so if someone else says otherwise, I'd defer to them.

i agree with everything you said as there just is no competing with the detail, quality and scale of this diorama! Its just a gem that I couldn’t pass up. I have it on preorder and expect that the edition size will be very low.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:23 PM   #104
TheBishop
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Grats on scoring the Diorama. With something that intense, you'll find a way to make room.

I have Godzilla from Prime 1 on order, King Ghidorah from Spiral Studio, and I'm interested in getting the Prime 1 Mechagodzilla. Selling several statues to soften the blow

King Ghidorah alone is almost as wide as that entire diorama. Still trying to think of a way to display them.

I thought about waiting for Sideshow to get Godzilla, but I've only seen Sideshow do a max of 8 flex payments. I'll need more to afford this beast so I had to go with Prime 1.
Oh man yes the Flex Payments option is usually what dictates from what company I purchase from as well! Spec Fiction, SecretCompass, Sideshow are the main 3 I will rotate with to get the best flex pay option ..... Prime 1 offered 15 installments after the down payment so had to go with them as well. I also appreciated the fact that the shipping cost was quoted instantly, instead of having to wonder for 15 months lol
Old 06-02-2021, 08:47 PM   #105
TruckerJoe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This is just such a phenomenal Diorama that I'm
sitting here in awe of the photos that are shown.
I would love to have this probably will be the last
statues I get unless a prime one Powergirl comes
along.
The 15 flex payments make it affordable and I'm
surprised that the shipping charges are less than
1000 dollars for the slow shipping.

I would like to wait to see if Sideshow will have this
available but I doubt if their shipping charges would
be much less than Prime Ones.

Waiting on Red Sonya and Comic Harley this year
sometime. Also have Harley on the couch on preorder
If I go for this than my house will be filled to the brim
with what I already have and then these.
Well considering the problems of life I guess I have
it pretty good.
King Kong has been a favorite of my for a long long
time.
TruckerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:38 PM   #106
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBishop View Post
Oh man yes the Flex Payments option is usually what dictates from what company I purchase from as well! Spec Fiction, SecretCompass, Sideshow are the main 3 I will rotate with to get the best flex pay option ..... Prime 1 offered 15 installments after the down payment so had to go with them as well. I also appreciated the fact that the shipping cost was quoted instantly, instead of having to wonder for 15 months lol
You hit the bullseye on why I went with Prime 1. I'd much rather pay smaller payments for a longer period of time ( 15 > 8 any day of the week), Prime 1 gives you the shipping cost immediately, and although I only ordered one item from their site, the package arrived in great condition.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:46 AM   #107
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The sticker price is shocking but if you look at it like three or four statues in one it’s probably what most of us have on preorder from other companies….if not more…way more.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:02 AM   #108
pau123
Sailor Moon

Any chance P1 will make another diorama with the navy and ocean as base?
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:41 AM   #109
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerJoe View Post
I'm
surprised that the shipping charges are less than
1000 dollars for the slow shipping.

That will probably update once this actually ships. My Jungle hunter went from $245 to over $800 for example.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:55 AM   #110
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
That will probably update once this actually ships. My Jungle hunter went from $245 to over $800 for example.
Cause shipping prices went way up unfortunately. He said slow shipping so I assume he means economy in which case it did go up but only to $220.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote