Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-14-2024, 06:24 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Old Man Logan

It has been long years since i last read Wolverine. It felt good to read about my favorite Marvel character again. And i finally finished the Mark Millar run of Wolverine with the Old Man Logan story. Steve McNiven art was fantastic.

I didn't know that Spider-Man had a car called Spider-Buggy which could also climb walls, jump from really long hights and nothing happened to it... Well, it was stupid. HA HA But other than that Old Man Logan was a decent read. Some aspects like Hawkeye and his handicap, The Wolverine and Hulk fight in the end and Logan was being old and everything being in the future were inspiared by The Dark Knight Returns, if you ask me. Just like Green Arrow and his handicap, Batman and Superman fight in the end, Batman was being old etc.

How Red Skull broke Wolverine with his plan was really tragic. How could Wolverine go on to live after something like that was beyond me... There is always the Murasama Blade, you know... I like elseworld stories, they don't have to go back to a status quo, but then again nothing shocked me or surprised me because writers have all kinds of freedom to do almost whatever they want in elseworlds. If Marvel pulled something like this in the Earth 616 Main Universe, then my jaw would drop for sure. HA HA

I give Old Man Logan 8/10. It was a decent read.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 09:02 PM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

They did Daredevil and Punisher dirty. Other than that it was a good read.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 12:04 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
They did Daredevil and Punisher dirty. Other than that it was a good read.
The Punisher in the Old Man Logan had blonde hair and had mohawk cut and he looked young to be Frank Castle so i assumed they were a next gen Punisher and Daredevil so i didn't care.

I don't think Frank Castle ever dye his hair blonde and has a mohawk cut... Not even in a million years... HA HA If that was Frank, that was so out of character.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:29 AM   #4
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I never liked this story at all, even with the excellent art. That said, it’s been uncounted years since I read it so may be time to give it another try.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 03:14 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I never liked this story at all, even with the excellent art. That said, it?s been uncounted years since I read it so may be time to give it another try.
I read Wolverine: Enemy of The States in 2004 or someting, i believe almost 20 years ago. But i read Wolverine: Old Man Logan yesterday in 2024... HA HA Better Late than never. I have no idea Why it took me so long to get to it.

I understand how a die hard Marvel fan doesn't like Old Man Logan because it was a distopian future where classic heroes lost to villains and almost all of heroes met with very tragic ends in the hands of villains in its status quo.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:23 AM   #6
protector2814
Phoenix

I really liked Old Man Logan. It kicked off a whole "Old Man" sub genre at Marvel, none of which were as good. Loved the "road movie" aspect of the tale & I actually remember reading the Spider-Buggy tales in the few issues of The Amazing Spiderman it was in back in the 70's. The story is included in the Mark Millar Wolverine Omnibus which has been one of my most-read omnibi.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:02 AM   #7
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I acutally wanted the Wolverine by Mark Millar Omnibus, but i didn't want to double dip so i passed on it. I already have Enemy of the State and Old Man Logan as Hard Covers. Old Man Logan is an OHC but i am not sure about Enemy of the State... I haven't seen it for long years, who knows it is in which box. I hope it is oversized otherwise it will look so weird on a shelf when i put both of them on a shelf side by side.

Since i have zero nostalgia with the Spider-Buggy... As an adult, it is just super lame to me. HA HA Well, there is a reason why it is not in spider-books anymore because i am not alone. HA HA

Old Man Logan was not a MAX series, but still an adult book with all the gore and swearing btw. I wonder what the gore level on the Wolverine Max mini series since Disney have no problem with Old Man Logan ( and it has a good amount of gore) but shies away from reprinting Wolverine Max... This really excites me about Wolverine Max, we need a reprint Disney !!!! Come on !!!!