Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 03-01-2021, 06:28 PM   #71
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Kinetiquettes designs push the boundaries of cheap deceptive Chinese manufacturing.
So true. If they want to be seen more like F4F, above that of the other Asian companies, who do next to nothing for customer relations, they should do videos explaining the engineering challenges, decisions, and design vision. Then a behind the scenes drop test with unboxing before shipping.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:43 PM   #72
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Against my better judgment I have decided to keep her and take the credit. I tried gluing the piece and from display angles you don't notice the breakage, though it is very obvious upon inspection that it was glued. The main reasons I kept it were:

1) She is a nightmare to disassemble and repackage. Sideshow told me to assemble her to check for other possible defects and breakages. I am never listening to this advice ever again. If she hadn't been such a pain to get back into the box I would have returned her.

2) She is really really nice. This is one of the best statues I've gotten in recent years. She looks so good on display. The paint app colors really pop and the details on the sculpt are so easy to see even from far away. Her display presence is huge.

I think I'll be weary of these ridiculous long narrow effect statues in the future though. This just shouldn't be a thing. If they want to make a statue with stuff like this then they shouldn't use resin for those pieces. It should be something more flexible like what F4F did with Simon Belmont's whip. And I guess I'll cross my fingers that Kinetiquettes will still opt to make some more Guilty Gear pieces at this scale. I-No was recently announced for Strive so it seems like a good chance to do a horizontal chemical love piece of a similar style to this Dizzy. Jam and Baiken would be wonderful inclusions as well.
This is why Tsume despite everyones complaints is moving more and more towards PVC and ABS Plastics for these effects and delicate pieces.

I think if you are happy with the piece and it looks good on display you made the right choice and lets face it, we're probably never going to see another Dizzy statue like this any time soon and if we do it'll be 10 years down the road probably...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:10 PM   #73
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
This is why Tsume despite everyones complaints is moving more and more towards PVC and ABS Plastics for these effects and delicate pieces.

I think if you are happy with the piece and it looks good on display you made the right choice and lets face it, we're probably never going to see another Dizzy statue like this any time soon and if we do it'll be 10 years down the road probably...
You're absolutely right, and you could say that about almost any character that isn't an A-lister from a comic book turned movie franchise. With the timeframe of a typical polystone statue from being teased, put up for PO, to release being nearly two years, or more - the odds of a retread depend on whether there's a franchise revival, whether the license holders still exist and are willing, and whether there are clear indicators of demand on the secondary market. I don't advocate 'fear of missing out' in this expensive hobby, but you've gotta discern what you love, and realize how unlikely retreads really are.

Guilty Gear seems like it would be picked up by the usual Japanese PVC makers, but they don't do a lot of game properties as you might think. It seems that if it's not a popular anime, it's not good enough for their bottom line, so we're left with niche polystone statue makers to pick up the slack.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:50 PM   #74
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Well this is actually Dizzy's third or even fourth statue for what it is worth. With Strive around the corner I expect we will see more GG stuff, but she hasn't been announced for the game as it is. I could maybe see Prime 1 do some insane Dizzy statue down the road for an equally insane price. But yeah even if they announced that tomorrow, we wouldn't have it in hand for years.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:18 PM   #75
Estoma
Doh!

The long effect pieces are what kept me from pulling the trigger on this one. The statue does look great though. Hope to see Ramlethal in the future.
Estoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:09 PM   #76
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

They make moving her around and displaying her a little scary because the ends are narrow enough that you sometimes don't notice them. You run the risk of stabbing yourself or potentially having it hit a wall or another figure and snap.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:22 PM   #77
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Did the production piece change at all from the prototype? I just realized the beam effect goes full circle in the prototype pictures, while on Gyro Zeppeli's pictures it's just 2 large spikes. I know the effect broke off on one side but even then I don't see how it's supposed to look like on the prototype pictures.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:14 PM   #78
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah it doesn't form a circle all the way across anymore. Now it is three giant spikes, two on one side. I'm not sure why they made that change. Maybe it just looked weird in production or maybe it was hard to package it that way. It seems like all of their products get changed from the prototype without them saying. For Mai and Terry it was for the worse, but Dizzy's face looks much better in the final version so I'd say this one was a win and a rare situation of being better than the prototype.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #79
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

So far every picture I've seen of this statue has the effect broken off at the same spot.
Hope mine will arrive undamaged in May ;/
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 04:10 PM   #80
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah I hope so as well, but given how it is packaged I think it is inevitable.