Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-09-2021, 11:56 AM   #101
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Saw this movie last night, and unfortunately it wasn't great. It wasn't bad, but just was meh. Maybe a 2nd viewing will help with that. It wasn't the solo black widow film she deserved. And I won't even get started on Taskmaster.

With that said, regarding this statue, i'd much prefer the black suit. The white suit was only on her for 1 action scene. Trailers made it seem like the whole movie. The black suit has potential to look really cool.
I really liked the movie. If i had a Top 10 superhero movie list, Black Widow would make that list, along with The Dark Knight, Deadpool, Deadpool 2, Logan, to name a few.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #102
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I really liked the movie. If i had a Top 10 superhero movie list, Black Widow would make that list, along with The Dark Knight, Deadpool, Deadpool 2, Logan, to name a few.
Ok well good then . I am sure alot of people did enjoy it. To me, especially considering she's a founding Avengers and all the other founding members (Hawkeye not included) received a solo movie focusing on just their origin, she should have received the same. Her's turned into a "family" movie and they focused more on Yelena getting the torch passed to her. That's great and all and I do like Yelena but it's not her movie. Should have been more focused on just Black Widow, prolly in the earlier days before the time period they used.

But again just was my first thoughts on first viewing. Usually upon 2nd-3rd viewings once I know what to expect I find these Marvel movies much more enjoyable.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 05:13 PM   #103
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I really liked the film, after seeing it I'd be happy with the white suit from queen, but I would probably prefer her black suit
generalszabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 05:24 PM   #104
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Ok well good then . I am sure alot of people did enjoy it. To me, especially considering she's a founding Avengers and all the other founding members (Hawkeye not included) received a solo movie focusing on just their origin, she should have received the same. Her's turned into a "family" movie and they focused more on Yelena getting the torch passed to her. That's great and all and I do like Yelena but it's not her movie. Should have been more focused on just Black Widow, prolly in the earlier days before the time period they used.

But again just was my first thoughts on first viewing. Usually upon 2nd-3rd viewings once I know what to expect I find these Marvel movies much more enjoyable.
I get that. I liked the fact that they did not dwell on the Red Room. I feared the movie might focus on scene after scene of Red Room and what goes on in the Red Room, training etc. I was not 100% sold on where the Red Room was located.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 09:12 PM   #105
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

The film was meh but the bigger sin was the waste of Taskmaster.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:42 PM   #106
tarim69
Sailor Moon

I seem to have liked it more than most. I'd put it in the middle of the Marvel films.. not as good as their best films but better than the 2 Spidermans, IM3, Ragnarok, Capt Marvel, Guardians2, etc
I enjoyed quite a bit more than both Wandavision and Falcon...

Besides Dr Strange2, prob the most interesting thing Marvel has going on right now is Dreyfus Fontaine recruiting. Interested to see where they go with that.

Really want ro see this statue already.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:35 PM   #107
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Just finished watching the movie. I thought it was good to great.

I only had one nitpick with regards to that explosion caused by Yelena. But other than that I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. I was engaged and was never bored, and I couldn’t wait to find out what would happen next.

For comparison, even though I didn’t dislike WW2 as much as a few others did, I thought this movie was significantly better. Better structure, better plot (which isn’t saying much I guess), and more likeable characters (even as comic relief). And I found it wasn’t hamstrung by the villain/s like WW2 was.

I was more of an X-Men and Spider-Man, with a selection of big events kind of reader back in the day, so I’m not too disappointed with their version of Taskmaster, but I’m not surprised by the total dislike either from some.

I would place this in the upper middle of MCU films. But it surely would’ve been better received if it had been released in a timely manner. Like after Civil War.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 01:43 AM   #108
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

So here's the thing. You guys seem pretty deep into the MCU lore - as I understand it, Black Widow is dead? I mean, dead dead...they killed off the character ��.

I mean, I know in the comic world, characters die and come back - A LOT! However, in the Movie (live action) world, they're counting dead as dead....is that correct?

If so, especially for you guys who are really into the characters as presented, does this impact your "desire" to own a statue of a dead character?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:12 AM   #109
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
If so, especially for you guys who are really into the characters as presented, does this impact your "desire" to own a statue of a dead character?
Not in my case.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:24 AM   #110
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
So here's the thing. You guys seem pretty deep into the MCU lore - as I understand it, Black Widow is dead? I mean, dead dead...they killed off the character ��.

I mean, I know in the comic world, characters die and come back - A LOT! However, in the Movie (live action) world, they're counting dead as dead....is that correct?

If anything it makes me want another statue more, to represent her legacy like Cap, who also isn't coming back

And yep they certainly killed her off, this is scarjo's last time in this role. This film was all about passing the torch to the new widow, Florence Pugh
generalszabo is online now   Reply With Quote