Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-20-2024, 12:50 AM   #11
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
I'd argue Feral had the better movie so maybe they're going off that.
It's not worth arguing about, lol, but I have Prey has the 3rd best Pred movie behind P2. Most will argue that the Predators I mentioned are more desired than this as a statue. I still can't believe how awesome Prey looked in the actual movie (with Bio on), but what a hideous creation that suit was behind the scenes.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 12:52 AM   #12
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I thought for sure we'd see Elder, especially with the Raphael Adolini symbol tease. I guess they were referring to Prey. Didn't see that coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Screw wolf! Need Elder. He's like jungle hunter but with better paint apps.

Thats the one I'm waiting for.
I don't know how it will turn out, but there is a custom Elder in progress. It will either be 1/3 or 1/4. From the sneak peek, it seemed like it was 1/4.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:05 AM   #13
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Maybe they'll do this one and not Elder which would be a disgrace
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 02:17 AM   #14
benkonig
Fantastic Four

the worst predator design ... I don't consider him a predator, more like an alien ... Normally he had talked about the Elder predator on the facebook page that was planned .
benkonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 05:35 AM   #15
Mr Collectible
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Easy pass. Wolf and P2 Elder should have been priority over this .

I'm with you... Wolf and an elder Pred I'm waiting for.
Mr Collectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 08:07 AM   #16
Shoo
Hercules

Modcall

Please edit the thread title so that it reads:

Prime 1: Prey - 1/3 Feral Predator
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 08:51 AM   #17
Python
Omega Red

I can't believe they are making this before they do Wolf or an Elder? Even Tracker or Falconer would make more sense. I really dislike the way this thing looked and acted, it wasn't a Predator in any sense. I'd also argue that "Predators" was a much better movie. Prey was weirdly overrated, not that I'm complaining if it means we'll get more movies, but hopefully the actual Predators will be better conceived for those.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 08:56 AM   #18
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I can't believe they are making this before they do Wolf or an Elder? Even Tracker or Falconer would make more sense. I really dislike the way this thing looked and acted, it wasn't a Predator in any sense. I'd also argue that "Predators" was a much better movie. Prey was weirdly overrated, not that I'm complaining if it means we'll get more movies, but hopefully the actual Predators will be better conceived for those.
I watched a video with Adam Savage on Tested and he said that Prey is a better movie than 1987 Predator. I was like : WTF! That's crazy talk.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM   #19
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I watched a video with Adam Savage on Tested and he said that Prey is a better movie than 1987 Predator. I was like : WTF! That's crazy talk.
Yeah I saw that lol, I like Adam, and opinions are of course subjective, but I think he must have been on drugs that day 🤣

It's such an awful looking design, and it uses none of the nimble tactics the JH and CH did. It just slowly walks straight towards people, tanking damage. And that face makes Scar look half decent. I didn't love Berserkers face when I first saw it, although he definitely grew on me. This makes him look like a Predator cover model 😂
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 12:14 PM   #20
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It was supposed to be a predator subspecies. At least that's what the artist's intention was.

I think his mannerisms weren't any better or worse than the other non-KPH predators personally. There was a lot of mano a mano in Prey, and less stealthy killing. The wolf, bear, first encounter with the tribe members, etc.

I don't think the movie was necessarily overrated until people start saying it's better than Predator 2 which I think is laughably wrong. The only issue I actually had was the face design and execution. It was abhorrent. With the mask on, I think the feral predator is a fantastic design and more than worthy to be added to my collection.

I would assume it's smarter for them to make a collectible of this predator closer to the movie's release rather than wait years in the future, as I don't see this design being at the top of anyone's list. The P2 Elder will sell way more than this predator, if they ever make one.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote