Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Emma Stone?
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:08 PM   #92
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeTyrant View Post
I haven't been collecting statues very long, but even I can see that Sideshow and XM have two different design philosophies. As a consumer, I appreciate the choice.

I can't fathom people who will constantly be surprised when the each respective company makes a statue in line with their chosen aesthetic. Why would you want every statue maker to make the same design choices? There's clearly a market for multiple styles so I would prefer more variety among statue makers. If you prefer Sideshow's minimal and clean aesthetic, why would you waste energy ----ting on XM's design choice. You already know what they're gonna present. Like I said I'm new here and I've already figured this out. I mean the same criticisms are pretty much crtl+c'ed and ctrl+v'ed over and over. Maybe you should harp on the company who won't provide the character in your preferred style more. Sorry for the rant...
People know XM typically does have more to their bases than sideshow but even still most of their bases aren’t trying to eat the character like this base wants its Nightcrawler.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #93
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm all about the details bases on XM pieces. I just like them to make sense and not see like a bunch of trash thrown on a base. For instance - look at comics to know what the Danger Room had in it. It wasn't all tentacles like Doc Oc. Lasers, saw, crushing walls, sentinel simulations, hoops, agility training, etc. Yet again - tentacles and bad ones at that.

The Sentinel themes bases were excellent. The Danger Room ones suck.

This is the first Nightcrawler to be made in this scale in DECADES. WHY not just do a clean, simpler classic style like with Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix, or Magneto. Showcase Kurt. Not a convoluted base with the happy elf in the middle.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:24 PM   #94
CoffeeTyrant
Fantastic Four

Is it danger room? It looks like the sentinel hand base they used for magik and beast. I'll concede the single omega-red looking tentacle looks weird and probably shouldn't be there. I hope it's not a lazy solution to support the pose. I think the pose is looking great along with the subtle brimstone effect, but that little tentacle seems to their trip up. I'm still cautiously optimistic.
CoffeeTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:39 PM   #95
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeTyrant View Post
Is it danger room? It looks like the sentinel hand base they used for magik and beast. I'll concede the single omega-red looking tentacle looks weird and probably shouldn't be there. I hope it's not a lazy solution to support the pose. I think the pose is looking great along with the subtle brimstone effect, but that little tentacle seems to their trip up. I'm still cautiously optimistic.

Yea, I think it is a Danger Room base.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 06:06 AM   #96
Peedi
The Secret Six

Alright XM! Time for a reveal or a revision because that Nightcrawler PF is looking mighty great!

Since it does come down to it I’m siding with Classic costume Nightcrawler over a Nightcrawler that’ll likely be in an over designed costume wrapped up in tentacles… but I’d still love to see it!
Old 11-18-2021, 06:22 AM   #97
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Alright XM! Time for a reveal or a revision because that Nightcrawler PF is looking mighty great!

Since it does come down to it I?m siding with Classic costume Nightcrawler over a Nightcrawler that?ll likely be in an over designed costume wrapped up in tentacles? but I?d still love to see it!
Sideshows look great and I only buy one statue per character.

We'll see who gets revealed first and what they look like but given sideshows will be in the $600 range and XM god knows what, I'll just get the SS version regardless.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:34 AM   #98
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

No rush.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:38 AM   #99
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
No rush.
Not sure how you can say that, it's a huge rush.

Sideshows is a slam dunk day one PO for a lot of people... Myself included. I don't know if people are going to buy two of the same character back to back, especially if one is drastically better than the other. So far, we know which one that is.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:00 AM   #100
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Not sure how you can say that, it's a huge rush.

Sideshows is a slam dunk day one PO for a lot of people... Myself included. I don't know if people are going to buy two of the same character back to back, especially if one is drastically better than the other. So far, we know which one that is.
I doubt XM Studios will rush, because SSC showed the full reveal first.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote