Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-19-2021, 02:27 PM   #31
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
In this case this is a lie I guess ??

https://www.deepdiscount.com/weta-wo.../9420024729816
I don't think it's so much a lie as a not guaranteed PO. I've gotten good deals on In STOCK pieces from them before.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:52 AM   #32
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I’ve gotten good deals from DD on pre-orders too. Unless you’re sitting on your last $200 and you need it for food, there’s nothing to worry about. With the govt printing trillions from thin air, spend away before the dollar gets trashed. I just got the Ringwraith just because of this thread.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:41 AM   #33
Gerard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
I’ve gotten good deals from DD on pre-orders too. Unless you’re sitting on your last $200 and you need it for food, there’s nothing to worry about. With the govt printing trillions from thin air, spend away before the dollar gets trashed. I just got the Ringwraith just because of this thread.
Thanks for the info
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:25 AM   #34
SDguy

It's not about getting it or not. It's about getting it at DD or not. If you count on them, and they don't come through, and PO's everywhere else are gone by then, then , yeah, you do have something to lose.

Since online places tend to have penalties for canceling PO's it's not like you can just order from a bunch of places and then cancel all but the first to arrive, otherwise we'd all be doing that to get the piece in hand first LOL.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:40 PM   #35
Bubsy

Speaking specifically just about these Weta 1:6s, I persoanlly won’t get bent out of shape if I miss out. These aren’t that good and I left my LOTR obsession largely in high school.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:42 PM   #36
winterfell
Doh!

As I see, these sites are not so safe when such things happen to many people. It sucks when websites take advantage of situations when you want to buy things that you like. In such cases, I always hope that I will get my money back, although I doubt that they do so.
Once, after reading the reviews, I bought some products with a discount from a site that I have never been used before, namely newbiedeals.com, and I was afraid that nothing would come. Fortunately, everything went well and I got what I wanted. But I still don't want to take any risks.
winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote