Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-02-2021, 06:54 AM   #131
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
A post on their Youtube channel said this will be previewed in August. I hope this is true. Since today is the 1st, this should be coming soon.
Yep, from their booth tour vid:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black widow reveal 4.png
Views:	55
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	141770  
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:08 AM   #132
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
2 scarjo statues coming, white and black suit
I mean so is this confirmation that it is based off of the new movie, which ended up bombing at theaters? Seems they should re-think that and use a more popular suit. But either way I do hope this is coming this month. I would like to see this.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:17 AM   #133
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I mean so is this confirmation that it is based off of the new movie, which ended up bombing at theaters? Seems they should re-think that and use a more popular suit. But either way I do hope this is coming this month. I would like to see this.
Bombing at theatres? Are you thinking about the same movie?

Black widow made a quarter of a billion dollars at the theatre's alone, plus whatever it made on Disney plus, in the pandemic era. I'd hardly consider that "bombing".
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:17 PM   #134
deadpoolredsuit

Damn.. two versions.. i never expected that.
Assuming both pieces look great, and the price is ok'ish, i can see me possibly going for the white snow outfit version.
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #135
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Bombing at theatres? Are you thinking about the same movie?

Black widow made a quarter of a billion dollars at the theatre's alone, plus whatever it made on Disney plus, in the pandemic era. I'd hardly consider that "bombing".
I mean all you have to do is search the internet ya know? Not a bomb but a huge disappointment. Why do you think scar jo is suing Disney? Not because of the movies financial success that's for sure. It "only" made about 343 million worldwide. That's a huge let down for Disney/Marvel. Every other movie has made atleast 500 million worldwide, and that's looking at lower rated movies like Iron Man 2 and Ant-Man. The rest go up from 500.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/...ref_=bo_se_r_1

So yes in relative terms, it's a disaster. Lowest earning Marvel movie to date. And those are facts. So spin it however you want to. It's gonna make some money sure, but a let down overall.

You wanna take into consideration D+ streaming sure, but Disney doesn't release those numbers. They said in their counter argument to scar jo that she made an additional 20 million of that service.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:09 PM   #136
Chao
Frackin!

Quote:
I mean all you have to do is search the internet ya know? Not a bomb but a huge disappointment. Why do you think scar jo is suing Disney? Not because of the movies financial success that's for sure. It "only" made about 343 million worldwide. That's a huge let down for Disney/Marvel. Every other movie has made atleast 500 million worldwide, and that's looking at lower rated movies like Iron Man 2 and Ant-Man. The rest go up from 500.

So yes in relative terms, it's a disaster. Lowest earning Marvel movie to date. And those are facts. So spin it however you want to. It's gonna make some money sure, but a let down overall.

You wanna take into consideration D+ streaming sure, but Disney doesn't release those numbers. They said in their counter argument to scar jo that she made an additional 20 million of that service.
Um, apart from the box office figures, your post makes no factual, logical, or legal sense.

Scarlett is suing Disney for breach of contract. Her contract was negotiated pre-pandemic and likely with no force majeure clause. In these entertainment contracts, actors can negotiate for residuals (like dividends for profit), if they are a big name actor, to participate in profit sharing of the movie. Her contract guarantees her a theatrical release and a certain amount of residual points. This is common practice in the entertainment industry.

Pandemic hits - no one could have predicted theaters to all shut down and major movies to be released on premium streaming services. Of course any movie released in this era will have lower box office numbers, which in turn impact her profit sharing in the film (Hollywood accounting is notoriously shady so I wouldn't be surprised if they did not give her anything). Likely she tried to renegotiate to account for revenue over Disney+, likely Disney said no and released Black Widow on Disney+ anyway, thinking there would be no legal ramifications, or that they would rather front the legal fees for a breach of contract claim than to fork over a portion of the net income from their streaming service.

The lawsuit is driven by greed on all parties, but fwiw she should be paid what she more or less expected when she took the deal and Disney thought they found a way to go around the deal.
Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:16 PM   #137
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:

You are very condensing for someone who's so very wrong on the subject. Chao already answered and explained it but I'll add, people still aren't really comfortable going out to the theatres, so of course black widow isn't going to crush any box office MCU records. Whether Disney releases those figures publically or not is irrelevant, you don't think they made a small fortune from people at home who have waited literally over a year to watch this?

I mean, sure, believe whatever you want to believe but it's pretty obvious context matters. If we just didn't have a pandemic, your point would have some merit but to just ignore that and say "her movie did bad" without accounting for anything else is how people misuse statistics to try and suit their argument, which is what you are trying to do here.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:34 PM   #138
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Far from a bomb but it’s lack of reaching 500 million and more is down to two things: (1) Pandemic or have we forgot that and (2) Disney releasing same day on Disney+.

Quote:

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:44 PM   #139
JanuaryStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
2 scarjo statues coming, white and black suit
Source?

If it's true, then I hope they have more than one headsculpt so I can display them side-by-side.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:34 PM   #140
deadrodian
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
Source?

If it's true, then I hope they have more than one headsculpt so I can display them side-by-side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyJb8OFtp-E
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote