Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 01-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #11
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
Not that I don’t believe you, but where has this been confirmed?

This may well have changed, it was mentioned at the time I posted that somewhere. It turned out to be the case for the Dog, but not the Big chap. That said, this one is a collaboration just as the Dog was, so you'd hope that it will follow a similar format and be produced by P1, not CP...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #12
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Any updates on this?
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #13
Python
Omega Red

These are getting confusing, there's no mention of P1 in this tease, but I'm assuming that it is of the same warrior this thread is based on. The Big chap warranted one each due to one being a strict museum set up, and just how iconic it is. But It would be a bit silly to make two of these in 1/3...

Old 07-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #14
Python
Omega Red

According to a Prime 1 group. This new tease is 100% Coolprops. I'm completely lost regarding these Prime 1 and Coolprops Aliens. Whether P1 are making their own version, or if they just aren't involved any longer is anybodies guess....

EDIT: okay, the latest info is that this Warrior is now 100% a coolprops project. Both CP and Prime 1 now have their own Alien licenses. I guess this is a good thing regarding the bigger picture, but this particular Warrior will now be Coolprops quality, rather than Prime 1...
Old 07-24-2018, 03:20 PM   #15
daz1999
Mephisto

Hmmm choice is good I suppose, I won’t be getting this though, just don’t trust CP production pieces
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:46 PM   #16
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Nice info Python. This is good to know as it's starting to get confusing who's making what.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:34 PM   #17
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
According to a Prime 1 group. This new tease is 100% Coolprops. I'm completely lost regarding these Prime 1 and Coolprops Aliens. Whether P1 are making their own version, or if they just aren't involved any longer is anybodies guess....

EDIT: okay, the latest info is that this Warrior is now 100% a coolprops project. Both CP and Prime 1 now have their own Alien licenses. I guess this is a good thing regarding the bigger picture, but this particular Warrior will now be Coolprops quality, rather than Prime 1...
When I saw the announcement I was like "hell yeah" then I also realised there is no Prime 1 logo on it and was immediately disappointed.

I really hope Prime 1 is still doing a 1/3 Alien Warrior and that it will be shown very soon but this teaser from CoolProps and the lack of a warrior in Prime 1's 3 teaser shots from earlier in the year would probably suggest they are currently only doing a Big Chap and a Queen.

To say I am disappointed would be a massive understatement as this was the one piece I was really looking forward to after passing up on the Sideshow Alien Warrior maquette in favour of this.

I have not been impressed with CoolProps lately so it is likely I will be passing on this statue unless something drastically changes.

My fingers are still crossed but I'm no longer holding my breath.

Gutted.
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:05 AM   #18
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Very interesting. We all know Prime 1 shines with their pieces and their final product, there is no doubt in that. However, if they (P1) only have the license or permission to make Alien products without the Alien vault (like Coolprops have access to). The P1 Aliens, from now on, may disappoint due to too much stylization. Prime1 and Coolprops were the PERFECT collaboration. Such a damn shame.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:18 PM   #19
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

From FB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cool.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	116282  
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:12 AM   #20
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Looks good so far. The paint will be interesting on this one. Love Coolprops, but can’t see the factory delivering a decent paint job on this. Possibly a catastrophe lol. But to be honest no licensed pieces have done a good paint job on a warrior. Wonder if Studio ADI is involved, hmm...
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote