Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 12-11-2020, 01:09 PM   #21
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot666 View Post
The production piece pics on the HCG website look fantastic to me. With this piece around 8 ft tall though, it seems you'd need at least 8.5-9 ft ceilings for this to fit. Mine aren't even a full 8 ft! I wonder why they chose to make the base so tall?

I didn't even notice the base, it looks quite weird now you've pointed it out. I would hazzard a guess that it's a solid block and needed to be either very wide, or deeper and heavier to secure this giant statue securely. I guess they went with the latter to save floor space. I have 10ft ceilings but most people don't have that luxury.

I don't think this is terrible by any means, but I'd sum it up with the usual HCG review... "Could be better" (A few pose tweaks would have worked wonders even) I do hope that they at least remove those thick black eyebrow lines on the front of his inner skull, they look so bad, he looks surprised.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:44 AM   #22
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I didn't even notice the base, it looks quite weird now you've pointed it out. I would hazzard a guess that it's a solid block and needed to be either very wide, or deeper and heavier to secure this giant statue securely. I guess they went with the latter to save floor space. I have 10ft ceilings but most people don't have that luxury.

I don't think this is terrible by any means, but I'd sum it up with the usual HCG review... "Could be better" (A few pose tweaks would have worked wonders even) I do hope that they at least remove those thick black eyebrow lines on the front of his inner skull, they look so bad, he looks surprised.
Was hoping for an update on this but i guess Covid has delayed things, some sites saying January now.
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:12 PM   #23
ALIEN
Sinister Six

UPDATE!

This statue has started shipping from the Factory to the dealers.

No new images yet but hopefully soon.

ALIEN
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:19 PM   #24
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm interested in seeing in-hand pics. I almost ordered this, but I couldn't make myself like it enough to spend the money on it.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:35 AM   #25
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

I have always seen HCG collectibles done on the much cheaper side with usually really great prototype displays but than a very crappy production piece, this mostly on ALIEN lifesize pieces. I mean they showed the ALIENS warrior years ago, and while not the best , the tendons were OK, and then what we got was HORRIBLE. THICK, cheap looking playdoo like strips that looked like a 5 year old had done it. AND yet they continued to use the prototype pictures as a selling feature. I ordered one and immediately rejected it as it was NOT what I paid for by a long shot. Now, I just stay clear of thier alien stuff and your right, who ever poses these statues is on something. NEVER AGAIN. Thats my opinion and experience.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote