Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-01-2021, 09:14 PM   #981
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I'm on team Demona.

I think the side-eye is a sly look that gives her a little more unique personality.

Then again, the paint apps in general on the portrait look like a typical downgrade to me.

In-hand I may not care, but side-by-side photos definitely leave that impression.

I'm also not surprised to see a visible gap between her left hand's fingers and the "chin" of the plant.

That was an inspired conceptual touch to have her stroking the the plants chin like a pet, but hard to keep those tight tolerances in the production casts.

If mine shows up with that much space, I may try heating up the vine and bending it down a little more.
The lighting was horrible for that second picture. I wouldn't be too worried about it. I do prefer the side eye, though...more of a playful attitude which is a better match for the chin scratching pose imo. Also lines up with the direction the right plant head is facing making it appear that they're both looking at you. I'm not sure why they changed it...maybe to center the piece? Not a big deal, though.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:37 PM   #982
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
The lighting was horrible for that second picture. I wouldn't be too worried about it. I do prefer the side eye, though...more of a playful attitude which is a better match for the chin scratching pose imo. Also lines up with the direction the right plant head is facing making it appear that they're both looking at you. I'm not sure why they changed it...maybe to center the piece? Not a big deal, though.
Good observation!

I'm legit bummed a bit by the loss of the side-eye. It gave it a lot more life to me than the conventional straight ahead gaze that everything else has.

I'm not gonna rail about it. I've got bigger things to frustrate me. But I ain't gonna lie. For such a minor detail, it does dampen my enthusiasm for this by a fair bit.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:03 AM   #983
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I liked the side eye because it was flirty and sexy. The straight-on is more evil. Either looks good, but I loved the flirty Ivy.
Quote:
I'm on team Demona.

I think the side-eye is a sly look that gives her a little more unique personality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I do prefer the side eye, though...more of a playful attitude which is a better match for the chin scratching pose imo.
Quote:
Good observation!

I'm legit bummed a bit by the loss of the side-eye. It gave it a lot more life to me than the conventional straight ahead gaze that everything else has.
I agree. And the angle in which most people are probably going to place it (to get a good view of her legs), she would have looked straight at you in her sultry way as the seductress she is, unlike now, which as mentioned looks plain evil and looking away from you - and yeah, less alive indeed in my opinion.

I am quite bummed by this, but then I guess it will help avoid the dreaded lazy eye.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:07 AM   #984
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

That sucks that they changed it. I prefer the side eye with the green eye shadow and sexier look. #@%& me...smh
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:14 AM   #985
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I prefer the side eye as well. That is what I ordered.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:23 AM   #986
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

unfortunately this is not the first time that a statue was changed even slightly during the production. I wonder what the reasoning was.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:26 AM   #987
jeremydmc
Black Panther

If they were having production issues with the side eye and decided to change it I am all for it. Just wish we were told why changes happen instead of them just happening.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:42 AM   #988
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Probably to avoid the dreaded Sideshow googly eyes. As long as she looks good, I'm OK. I didn't order this piece because of the direction her eyes were pointing.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:15 AM   #989
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'll have to look at Catwoman, but I think she is kinda looking off to the side. Not as much as Ivy was, but I really did like the previous cutesy look. Isn't obviously a deal breaker, just a bonus really

Just saying - could be another change if a variant was ever made!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #990
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote