Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-20-2021, 06:23 AM   #21
ukshaun
Hercules

Godzilla.. fact is, while i am fully aware of the creature, i have never watch a Godzilla movie.

Maybe now is the time!
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:25 AM   #22
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Godzilla.. fact is, while i am fully aware of the creature, i have never watch a Godzilla movie.

Maybe now is the time!
What! lol you need to watch them but of course the older ones you may find extremely cheesy today but they were still great. And I love this latest version of Godzilla.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:41 AM   #23
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
What! lol you need to watch them but of course the older ones you may find extremely cheesy today but they were still great. And I love this latest version of Godzilla.
From what i understand, the lastest Godzilla is.. forget about plot etc, it's all about the fight scenes

I am aware of seeing some footage from an old black and white Japanese Godzilla movie, and the beast looked good in a high B movie sort of way

I think i will check out the lastest movie, and the one before that (which is supposed to be quite good).
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:00 AM   #24
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
From what i understand, the lastest Godzilla is.. forget about plot etc, it's all about the fight scenes

I am aware of seeing some footage from an old black and white Japanese Godzilla movie, and the beast looked kind good in a high B movie sort of way

I think i will check out the lastest movie, and the one before that (which is supposed to be quite good).
Honestly that is what all Godzillas are about is the monster fights. Definitely check them out. You will never care about the humans in any of these movies lol.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:24 PM   #25
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

Maybe now is the time!
Not surprising. It’s one of those things everybody knows of, but not everybody has seen. One of my best friends I found out has never seen the old Terminator movies. I was like “wha!?!?!”

Quote:

I am aware of seeing some footage from an old black and white Japanese Godzilla movie, and the beast looked good in a high B movie sort of way

Yeah, Godzilla movies are just kaiju movies. I don’t think most watch them for character development and deep plots. Lol.

I recommend Godzilla (2014). I really enjoyed it, saw it with a larger group of friends and everybody liked it. It stars Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and their married, too, lol.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters I think is a decent, mostly fun action flick, not as good as Godzilla but it’s decent.

Godzilla vs Kong is mindless. I didn’t think it was bad but it has the most glaring, obvious plot hole I’ve seen in a long time. Not mad at the movie, it’s ok and serves the purpose of its title, good action.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:37 PM   #26
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
But the logo is the current Godzilla....
I'm a huge Godzilla Fan so hoping to see all eras

Quote:

Maybe now is the time!
I never ate at a Taco Bell

The original Godzilla 1953 is a must. It was filmed after WWII and has some powerful messages about Mankind's Consequences. Godzilla was a true horror icon in this movie.

I highly recommend the Godzilla King of Monsters 2019 Version. You don't have to watch the Prequel. Its almost completely new material.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:27 AM   #27
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:

Maybe now is the time!
I'll beg you to watch the 1953 original and the Japanese version, not the edited for US release version with Raymond Burr added. Godzilla was born out of post WWII atomic war fears. Classic and the gateway to understanding Godzilla is more than a giant monster.

There of course are silly versions and very serious versions and in between but I'd start there at the beginning.

CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:06 AM   #28
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

lol UK just watch them all..not in one day though that would be impossible lol.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:53 PM   #29
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
lol UK just watch them all..not in one day though that would be impossible lol.
indeed. He is also the King of sequels. LOL
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #30
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
So Prime 1 and now XM have the Godzilla License? As a Godzilla Fan I'm pumped. I can't wait to see what they do.

The King Ghidorah Statue from Spiral Studio is my most anticipated piece. I'd happily welcome a Godzilla or Rodan to the family.

X-Plus's 2019 Godzilla is the best Godzilla Sculpt I've seen so far. The price, its vinyl and it needed a tail stand is what stopped me
Please someone tell me Prime 1 did not lose their Godzilla license?!
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote