Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-19-2021, 04:57 PM   #1701
Jungle Demon
Hydra

This statue is deffinetly a Prime 1 statement : Look what we can do! There is a reason why they own so many licenses.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:04 PM   #1702
Bottled_Water
Birdman

It's nuts to think this statue was revealed only a couple of months ago, and yet this thread has now surpassed the Big Game Jungle Hunter. If this does disappoint I don't know if we'll ever hear the end of it. Still have my fingers crossed we get a decent bust, would also nab a City Hunter and Wolf bust in this scale.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:43 PM   #1703
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
It's nuts to think this statue was revealed only a couple of months ago, and yet this thread has now surpassed the Big Game Jungle Hunter. If this does disappoint I don't know if we'll ever hear the end of it. Still have my fingers crossed we get a decent bust, would also nab a City Hunter and Wolf bust in this scale.
I don't see how some won't be disappointment in some way. The hype and price point are beyond recovery I think. That being said, I've been happy with everything I received from P1, but I know some people have set unrealistic expectations of the outcome of this piece.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:00 PM   #1704
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i think the biggest differences is the 1/3 is more of a Museum piece. Museum quality and museum pose.

The 1/4 is more of a diorama piece and the victim add on reinforces this fact. and i believe the head sculpts are the same base sculpt, with minor tweaks and detailed added on the 1/3.
Hmmmmmm I guess I don't view 1/4 as Dio because I am not getting the Victim (for now lol) and other statues have been in that pose without being "dios" not that is matters BUT 1/3 is more of a classic Museum pose.

I love both.

1/3 looks to be one of the most fun pieces to ever own and I am digging the pose more than I originally did.

1/4 pose is the difference maker for me. It just oozes the feel that Kevin Peter Hall brought to the role. Very graceful looking with assured movement.

But man.. The 1/3 and all those parts lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I agreed with you. Nobody is going to talk about the 1/4th anymore. Game over man…game over.
Yeah but that's collecting in a nutshell nowadays.. Im not saying anything will take over the 1/3 piece.. but there are so many companies doing so many of the same characters that it always feels like just one you get a piece and want to discuss with others, everyone is on to the next great thing.

This 1/3 piece though is a champ though and IMO will be hard to top by anybody else.

Me I am happy to be getting the 1/4 scale and like the overall feel of the piece compared to the 1/3 scale.. But I am considering getting both.. That way 1/3 has the bio and 1/4 is unmasked..

I think I will get the standalone bust either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
This is The Big One Boys!

The 1/4 is tight too....its just the poor mans version

Or bought and received too early version

If I had the 1/4 already which I was seriously debating but didnt like the crouched version hiding so much of that glorious body

I would say F IT!!! I'm keeping this one
Yeah.. Glad you fixed the poor mans version. At these prices nothing is the poor mans version... Especially those that paid for the full shipping on the 1/4.

I got the Godzilla dio coming so there just is no place for this piece.. But I am trying to come up with one lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Get it well.you can now folks!!!!!

Sideshow just advertised a 1:1 scale Salacious crumb from Regal Robot for $4k!!!!!!!!!

This is a steal!!!
OMG.. Who in earth would pay that for Salacious Crumb ?
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:49 PM   #1705
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Hmmmmmm I guess I don't view 1/4 as Dio because I am not getting the Victim (for now lol) and other statues have been in that pose without being "dios" not that is matters BUT 1/3 is more of a classic Museum pose.

I love both.

1/3 looks to be one of the most fun pieces to ever own and I am digging the pose more than I originally did.

1/4 pose is the difference maker for me. It just oozes the feel that Kevin Peter Hall brought to the role. Very graceful looking with assured movement.

But man.. The 1/3 and all those parts lol.
All BS aside, I was damn close to ordering the DX 1/4 when it was listed as in-stock P1 Direct then a couple days later on that Saturday or Sunday I saw this thread and I was like nooooooooo wayyyyy. so I held off on the 1/4.

And I agree about the 1/4 having a KPH-like graceful ballet pose. It really does. That piece has grown on me tremendously. I kinda still want it. But I can’t afford both.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:57 PM   #1706
CoJe
Frackin!

I'm getting both the 1/4 Regular and 1/3 DXS. One to have in the living room behind a glass case(I'm sure you can guess which one) and one to have in my room where there is less space.
Let's not be silly here people, the 1/3 IS the ultimate Predator statue and is far more accurate than the 1/4. Bashing one statue to make yourself feel better about having another is not the way to go.
Think of it like this, the 1/4 is based on the Big Game Cover Art Comic, with extra details added to make it a little more like the movie version. If you actually look at the mask on the Comic Cover you can see it has the real damage on the mask just like the statue does (my way of being okay with the non-movie accurate mask).
However, the 1/3 is the classic Jungle Hunter Predator. If you told me the crazy scientists at Prime 1 shrunk down the on screen suit and froze it in place on a shrunken down jungle base i would believe you. At the end of the day we're just lovers of the 1987 classic and want a representation of it. It is okay to admit that one statue (the 1/4) is inferior to movie accuracy and detail as opposed to the other (the 1/3). I'm getting both and am completely happy with having one statue being more impressive than the other. Also RIP my wallet
CoJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:07 PM   #1707
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The "DXS" is the Deluxe version available at BBTS and SecretCompass right?
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:36 PM   #1708
gearhead
The Herculoids

So I was wondering how this would look next to the 1/3 Alien Warrior so a did a very crude side by side mock up. Very much a guesstimate but I think I'm in the ballpark. Looks to me like one of them is out of scale. I know the Alien is crouching, but still, either JH is too big or AW is too small. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 8.05.20 PM.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	141292  
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:36 PM   #1709
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoJe View Post
I'm getting both the 1/4 Regular and 1/3 DXS. One to have in the living room behind a glass case(I'm sure you can guess which one) and one to have in my room where there is less space.
Let's not be silly here people, the 1/3 IS the ultimate Predator statue and is far more accurate than the 1/4. Bashing one statue to make yourself feel better about having another is not the way to go.
Think of it like this, the 1/4 is based on the Big Game Cover Art Comic, with extra details added to make it a little more like the movie version. If you actually look at the mask on the Comic Cover you can see it has the real damage on the mask just like the statue does (my way of being okay with the non-movie accurate mask).
However, the 1/3 is the classic Jungle Hunter Predator. If you told me the crazy scientists at Prime 1 shrunk down the on screen suit and froze it in place on a shrunken down jungle base i would believe you. At the end of the day we're just lovers of the 1987 classic and want a representation of it. It is okay to admit that one statue (the 1/4) is inferior to movie accuracy and detail as opposed to the other (the 1/3). I'm getting both and am completely happy with having one statue being more impressive than the other. Also RIP my wallet
Welcome to the forum!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:43 PM   #1710
gearhead
The Herculoids

Also I really wish P1 would do a T-800 Terminator in 1/3 like the 1/2 they just did, only fully sculpted. I'd love to have those 3 displayed next to each other.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote