Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Thanks for popping in...
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #2123
Enomis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Nobody in this thread 'needs' the 1:4 Cover Art Predator.
To be honest, I've ordered both... then I will decide which one will remain and which one will be sold

But, about the faux leather, the term regarding the auto-destruction is not "maybe" but "when" cause it is only a matter of time
Enomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:42 AM   #2124
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulon View Post
You all sell your freedom for statues LOL
So wrong! People fought for freedom so we can buy 1:3 scale Predator statues. Show some respect.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:56 AM   #2125
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomis View Post
Pleather sucks, especially because factories don't use the leather you may find in your luxury car... they use a sort of pressed paper!

In 20 years of collectibles I've lost (and recreated) almost any part of faux leather in Sideshow, XM and Cinemaquette pieces. No matter if you keep the statues under a glass case, the faux leather will crumbles in a few years (Belts, Batman Capes, etc...).

Few weeks ago I've "lost" the mine Leather belt of my SS LSF Wolf Predator... fortunately it was easy to recreate it with "real" leather (that will stay there almost forever now) but it was annoying... (see picture).

Payment thousands of € and then recreate parts of the statue is no sense.

Anyone who votes in favour of faux leather parts must know that in few years he must pay someone to recreate those parts in real leather. It is assured at 100%
Damn... I was thinking they'd use real leather for this special piece... I don't have anything made out of fake leather, so I can't speak on it's lifespan. So it lasts just a few years huh? Well that ain't good to know... Did they confirm that is infact being the material used, or is it just obvious to you?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:11 PM   #2126
Enomis
Blue Falcon

It is still not confirmed BUT
1) they can't use real leather for sure (I can imagine the animalists screaming just talking about this idea)...
and:
2)even Prime1, with its 2K€+ statues, just like Sideshow, uses the same cheap faux paper-leather material (many 1:3 Batman capes are fading away in the dust) so most likely, this 1:3 pred will share the same fate
Enomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:29 PM   #2127
VILE GUILE

Quote:
1) they can't use real leather for sure (I can imagine the animalists screaming just talking about this idea)...
and:
2)even Prime1, with its 2K€+ statues, just like Sideshow, uses the same cheap faux paper-leather material (many 1:3 Batman capes are fading away in the dust) so most likely, this 1:3 pred will share the same fate
There ain't going to be anyone complaining about a small piece of leather on this particular statue & if so, tell them to Fu** off! They still make leather couches don't they! One couch of leather could literally make half the edition size, so I don't see that being the issue. I think it's cause they're trying to be cheap...
Old 07-28-2021, 12:32 PM   #2128
SDguy

It should just be sculpted. It's 2021. At 1:3 scale, it's easy to replicate the look of leather. And then the folds will be exactly how the artist envisions.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:42 PM   #2129
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
It should just be sculpted. It's 2021. At 1:3 scale, it's easy to replicate the look of leather. And then the folds will be exactly how the artist envisions.
Yeah, that's what I said from day one. It's a statue. Not a doll. This whole pleather deal, knocks the statue down a peg for me now. Still worth getting, but will always bug me knowing they could of sculpted it & avoided deterioration.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:57 PM   #2130
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
and:
Last I remember … real leather isn’t illegal, nor frowned upon.

Spending $3k on a statue and them skimping on a small piece of material is a bit….. disingenuous eh?
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote