$4 US shipping via BBTS.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:53 PM   #802
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
$4 US shipping via BBTS.
After tax it’s a little less than $3,000 for the regular.

The price is insane. The DX is almost $3,600. I know it’s less than the international folks by my goodness. This is a lot money. I’m a gigantic Predator fan. He’s my #1 character by far AND Im a crazed statue collector with hundreds of pieces on display and Im looking at this price shaking my head. Do you guys think there are 999 Predator fans out there that are gonna pay at least $3600 shipped for the DX? I don’t think so. Maybe there are but goodness gracious why is this piece anywhere from 2-3 times an average 1/3 scale statue????? It’s DOUBLE Batcave Batman DOUBLE and I’ve said multiple times that IMO that’s the greatest superhero statue ever made.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:03 PM   #803
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Do you guys think there are 999 Predator fans out there that are gonna pay at least $3600 shipped for the DX? I don’t think so.
Me neither. DX 1/4 scale Big Game Cover Art Predator. is still available. And it's "only" $1699.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:12 PM   #804
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
After tax it’s a little less than $3,000 for the regular.

The price is insane. The DX is almost $3,600. I know it’s less than the international folks by my goodness. This is a lot money. I’m a gigantic Predator fan. He’s my #1 character by far AND Im a crazed statue collector with hundreds of pieces on display and Im looking at this price shaking my head. Do you guys think there are 999 Predator fans out there that are gonna pay at least $3600 shipped for the DX? I don’t think so. Maybe there are but goodness gracious why is this piece anywhere from 2-3 times an average 1/3 scale statue????? It’s DOUBLE Batcave Batman DOUBLE and I’ve said multiple times that IMO that’s the greatest superhero statue ever made.
Going by pricing only (excluding shipping, taxes and duties), to be fair its within range. 1/3 pred is much bigger in size and volume than 1/3 humanoid statues. It's also got quite a detailed base which would add to overall costs. CM actually costs more when factoring inflation from 2009.

Hardcore pred fans would mostly fall between ages 30 to 50+. I'm sure their research team is aware of market demographics. That's the age group whom have cash to splash. Fingers crossed you guys get a local retailer as the biggest culprit now is shipping charges, that is what's holding back most buyers.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:17 PM   #805
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

guys if you are buying this, buy the dx seriously. What's the logic that you already paying $2500+ for it, but refuse to pay $500 more and end up with a statue you know is incomplete...if you ever sell it dx will also fetch more, it's not like just money gone forever.... you going to regret it down the road...just pay the extra $500
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #806
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I guess if sales are poor for the DX they could at some point reduce the ES.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:32 PM   #807
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Or add a trophy hand.

The high price is likely a combination of size (this is almost as big as a 1/2 piece), complexity, and licensing - which I've heard is surprisingly expensive for these characters.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:35 PM   #808
deadrodian
The Spirit

ehh fu*k me I POed the DX

Seriously I don't wanna believe 999 DXs are going to sell out at this price point, they will have to do something and well over 50% of comments are about closed mandibles portrait, I think it may happen... unless im completely wrong and it's really selling as good as they predicted, then I may regret paying 500$ basically for helmet lol
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:49 PM   #809
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
guys if you are buying this, buy the dx seriously. What's the logic that you already paying $2500+ for it, but refuse to pay $500 more and end up with a statue you know is incomplete...if you ever sell it dx will also fetch more, it's not like just money gone forever.... you going to regret it down the road...just pay the extra $500
I agree with your concept, but it's not just an extra $500. If you have to order direct from P1 like I most likely will have to, you're paying an extra $1000 in shipping!

That being said, I'm an EX/DX or fail collector at this point.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:50 PM   #810
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
I can see around 500 Predator fans buying the DX at it's high pricetag, but not 999... I'm still waiting for the snail mail to get me my two 1/4 scale Predators and I recently ordered their Big Chap.

If they add a closed mouth portrait, or at least the skull & spine trophy, I'll definitely order the DX in six months or so. I'm not in a hurry to PO this yet. It's not going anywhere.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote